Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DD - one discount at a time 'sucks' for International Customers

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-08, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deep Discount - one DISCOUNT CODE per order SUCKS for International Customers wishing to combine all items into one order to save shipping costs !!

DD currently have a few Halloween 'sales' where you are required to enter specific codes into your order. The DD system can't work out that you're meeting the deal - it relies on your entering of the code.

SADLY FOR US INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS only ONE code can be used at a time (in one order).

What the **** ??

(Ok - I'm not going to get much sympathy from US readers - especially where you can get 'free shipping' - but if us international purchasers wish to save money on shipping - we cant if we wish to combine a few special offers into the one order. Why can't DD get its act together and allow multiple entry of discount codes into the one order ?? Is it that difficult to manage ???)
Old 09-30-08, 12:17 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by tonyjg
Deep Discount - one DISCOUNT CODE per order SUCKS for International Customers wishing to combine all items into one order to save shipping costs !!

DD currently have a few Halloween 'sales' where you are required to enter specific codes into your order. The DD system can't work out that you're meeting the deal - it relies on your entering of the code.

SADLY FOR US INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS only ONE code can be used at a time (in one order).

What the **** ??

(Ok - I'm not going to get much sympathy from US readers - especially where you can get 'free shipping' - but if us international purchasers wish to save money on shipping - we cant if we wish to combine a few special offers into the one order. Why can't DD get its act together and allow multiple entry of discount codes into the one order ?? Is it that difficult to manage ???)
Um... most online stores don't allow stacking of codes. Why should DD be any different ?
Old 09-30-08, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the OP's point is that these sales shouldn't really be codes, and I agree. They're just B1G1 promotions, and the system SHOULD be able to understand that these two items are from this particular promotion, and those two items are from another one, and so on.

IMO, in addition, their system should also be smart enough to discount similarly priced things, instead of just the cheapest items. Does anyone actually order 10 things all at the same time with wildly different prices, getting the 5 cheapest ones free? Is somebody ordering the Masters of Horror Seasons 1 and 2 for $50 each, and 2 $6.06 movies, only to get the $6.06 movies for free, and spend $100? I guess SOME people do, which is why DD and other retailers do it that way, but I would hope that the vast majority of people place more than one order: all the $6.06 titles together, all the $18.96 titles together, etc.).

And the majority of those who don't do that would probably just submit one order (for the 2 Masters of Horror season sets, for example), thinking they can only use the code once.

Every time I wind up getting into one of these sales, I have to submit 3 or 4 different orders. Some of the items aren't in-stock from each, and it's a pain to keep verifying that credit card charges are correct and keeping track of 4 orders instead of 1. If the "codes" (i.e., sales) can only be used once per customer, then I could understand the current system of making the cheapest items free, but since the codes can be used multiple times, it's an irritating inconvenience (kind of like that blaring voice at maximum volume from my speakers that wants to "reward me" every time I place an order).

From a service standpoint, it would be a no-brainer to not insult your customers and have a smarter checkout system.

And OP, don't assume that Americans are selfish and don't give a damn about people in other countries--it makes you look like an a-hole, and that pretty much guarantees you won't get the very sympathy you're looking for. And some people, like fitlissa76, might simply have different opinions, you know?
Old 09-30-08, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think what he'd really like is the items themselves to have a lower price, instead of using a coupon. It's probably easier for DD to create a "group" of titles that the coupon discounts, instead of lowering the price on a bunch of titles. For US customers, it's no problem, but being an international customer, you get screwed.