Search this Thread

Old 09-28-08, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
The Unit -- Season 4 Premiere -- "Sacrifice" -- 9/28/08

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

The fourth season begins with the team attempting to stop an assassination plot targeting the president-elect and vice president-elect. The situation raises suspicion among high-level government officials. Back at the base, the Unit wives are relocated for their own safety due to the sensitive nature of their husbands' mission.

In case you all forgot, this show is still on the air. It barely squeaked by with a renewal after the damn WGA strike killed season 3. I'm glad it's back. The show has gradually gotten better each season.
Old 09-28-08, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wish they had put out season 3 before season 4 started so i could watch season 3 before season 4 started since i missed it. only saw parts of re-runs on tv, so i couldn't catch up there either.
Old 09-28-08, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by dpz301
i wish they had put out season 3 before season 4 started so i could watch season 3 before season 4 started since i missed it. only saw parts of re-runs on tv, so i couldn't catch up there either.
The Unit isn't serialized. You could probably jump in this season without feeling lost.

The only major thing to mention:

Spoiler:

Demore Barnes (Hector) was killed off last season

Old 09-28-08, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Also, Season 3 was horrendously short with only 11 episodes. Not alot of huge plot points transpired.
Old 09-28-08, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
The Unit isn't serialized. You could probably jump in this season without feeling lost.

The only major thing to mention:

Spoiler:

Demore Barnes (Hector) was killed off last season

Normally I'd complain that you've spoiled the best episode of the entire show's run, but it is such a shocker that even knowing that happened, you would still have no idea when it's coming.

As for tonight's episode, wow! After a week of mediocre premiers (Smallville, Earl, Office, Heroes) the Unit delivers! Finally a plot with the wives that is interesting. A new Unit member? Female? All good shit.

Originally Posted by dpz301
I really don't get that either. Especially with the shortened season. All these shows should have been out over summer. It happened last year as well with season 2. I just recorded season 3 and kept 'em on the DVR until I got caught up. So now I'm finally caught up on the Unit and am watching them weekly. I'm doing the same thing for Chuck (still waiting on the Blu set) this year.
Old 09-28-08, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I lament that this is on the CBS Sunday schedule from hell until football ends. If you don't watch the whole lineup, just remember to pad an hour because unlike Fox and its DVR-friendly Sunday practices, CBS just starts 60 Minutes after football ends, no matter how late they overrun. This is the first time I have had to deal with it in years, so I'm sure somebody out there who likes this show has never dealt with it before.

ETA: Great episode and nice concept for this season.
Old 09-28-08, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Badass. I haven't watched the show since season 1 and I felt right in place. Great action in the episode. Was wondering where that other black dude went though.... I really liked him.
Old 09-28-08, 11:10 PM

Pre-empted

Aarghh

I missed the last 15 minutes. My Tivo stopped recording at 10 like it was supposed to, but due to the Washington financial crap, I missed the last 15 minutes.

Mod note: We do not allow requests for copyright violation to made here.

Last edited by bgrmystr; 09-28-08 at 11:24 PM. Reason: email size limit
Old 09-29-08, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk God

OMG!!

That was a damn solid premiere episode. I would probably rank this as one of the top 5 episodes of the entire series thus far.

It got off to an action packed start from the get go.

I like the idea of the new female Unit member. I noticed the actress is only a "guest star" so her appearances will probably be sporatic to start.

Love the concept of the wives being in hiding. I am so looking forward to Mack eventually having a showdown with Ryan. I could have sworn that Mack already knew about Tiffy and Ryan or was it just the lawyer?

David Mamet did a solid job directing this episode. I think he gained alot of credibility as an action director as opposed to his more dramatic and dialogue-driven episodes.

Good to see Shawn Ryan hiring from The Shield alumnus. Never thought I would see Benito Martinez playing the President. It is somewhat of a step down from having William H. Macy playing the President 2 seasons ago.

Really looking forward to this season. Hopefully it holds it own against Brothers and Sisters and NBC Football. Even though I like Cold Case, it's not a very good lead-in to this show. NCIS and this worked so well together.
Old 09-29-08, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
OMG!!

That was a damn solid premiere episode. I would probably rank this as one of the top 5 episodes of the entire series thus far.
Definitely agree. I was thinking second only to the Hector episode, but top five for sure.
Old 09-29-08, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 916 Likes on 676 Posts
Very glad to see this show back although the time slot sucks. I hope this new plot line finally means less of the "family" stuff.
Old 09-29-08, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
OMG!!
Love the concept of the wives being in hiding. I am so looking forward to Mack eventually having a showdown with Ryan. I could have sworn that Mack already knew about Tiffy and Ryan or was it just the lawyer?
He only knew about the lawyer (Don Draper). I loved his response--going right for his gun--and he's right too: I never liked what the colonel was doing and he is going to have to pay for it, one way or the other...
Old 09-29-08, 11:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Excellent episode and I like that they are shaking things up after 3 seasons and going into an entirely new direction. Unfortunately though, it looks like the wives are still going to be a big part of this new direction.

Now we have the added storyline of everyone knowing about the cheating that was going on, so that should make for some explosive storylines.

The new female recruit is a breath of fresh air. I think they will bring her along slowly by having her take care of the wives, but at some point she will make her full time debut with The Unit, because as she said 'the enemy doesn't expect a female member in The Unit'. This opens up many more possibilities as The Unit goes after this seemingly huge terrorist plot.

And now The Unit has an ally in the new President, so that should make for an interesting storyline also.

Also, last nights ratings:

http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/t...51/m/681106361

relocated The Unit (Viewers: #3, 9.75 million; A18-49: #3, 2.6/ 7). Retention for The Unit out of Cold Case was solid at 87 percent in total viewers and 96 percent in the demo -- a good fit.
Chris
Old 09-29-08, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree that adding a woman to the unit is going to be interesting but how the hell are they going to explain how an undercover operative has the chops/training to fit in with a top flight special ops military unit?

But damn, she sure looked hot in that dress.

Is this a temporary time slot? It was only by dumb luck that I found out the season premiere was on last night -- I didn't have a clue.
Old 09-29-08, 01:37 PM

Forgot to pad for football. Does anyone know when this episode will be available online?
Old 09-29-08, 01:43 PM

No, unfortunately this is its regular time slot.

Which will of course lower their overnight ratings by a couple of million? I for one will always watch it the next day or later.

Chris
Old 09-29-08, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Mysteryfan
Forgot to pad for football. Does anyone know when this episode will be available online?
It should appear on CBS.com by the end of the week.
Old 09-29-08, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
This is definitely one of the better episodes so far and I'm glad that they've seem to have chosen an overall story arc for the season.

I wonder if they'll find Ryan guilty.
Old 09-29-08, 04:22 PM

The premiere was amazing. It definity prove this is 1 of the best shows on TV. I love the cameo from Benito.
Old 09-29-08, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
too bad they had the lens covers down on their red dots. kind of hard to aim when you can't look through the sight
Old 09-29-08, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Total speculation and in no way a spoiler, just to be clear:

I'm surprised nobody has commented on the possibility that the new woman very well might be one of the terrorists.

Last edited by Jimmy James; 09-29-08 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-29-08, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I'm surprised nobody has commented on the possibility that the new woman very well might be one of the terrorists.
Spoilers pleaze!

Cancels season pass!

Chris
Old 09-29-08, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Total speculation. I don't know spoiler one about this show. Honest.
Old 09-30-08, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Absolutely fantastic premiere. I honestly can't think of a single episode of this show that I didn't like.
Old 09-30-08, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dgmayor
Absolutely fantastic premiere. I honestly can't think of a single episode of this show that I didn't like.

My favorite premiere I've seen this season. This is one of the best, if not the best, show on television. I wish more people were watching it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.