Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Use Bestbuy.com with in store pickup for pre-orders

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 09-23-08, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say that I have been having a ball pre-ordering DVDs on Bestbuy.com with in-store pickup. For my last 5 pickups they have NEVER had the disc in the bin when I got to the store. And make sure you go as close to store opening the day the disc releases. Case in point. I pre-ordered Samantha Who which was on sales PLUS I ordered another ABC TV show when they had the buy 2 get $10.00 promotion. The price I paid today? $4.06 with tax.
Old 09-23-08, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 234 Posts
So to clarify, you're getting a discount then because they don't have the order ready for you (according to the in-store/pick-up guarantee). Not a bad strategy I suppose if you're wanting a new release.
Old 09-23-08, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Best Buy cheats and gets the item before scanning the pickup slip into their computer.
Old 09-23-08, 04:00 PM

What do you mean they get it before? They're SUPPOSED to have it READY when you show up at the in-store pickup desk. If you mean, you hand them the slip, they go and get it, bring it back, then charge you, that's NOT how it's supposed to work. Ask to talk to the manager. The slip plainly says on it

Store Pickup Guarantee

We'll have your order ready in 1 minute (5 minutes for larger items) after you present this email or you get $10 off *

The asterisk is explained at the bottom. "One minute starets after you have presented your photo ID, credit card, and email and when BB enters your number in our computer system.

So

1 - You give em ID, credit card, slip
2 - They enter it
3 - They turn around and look in bin for item. If it aint there and they take
more than a minute to get it to you they owe you $10
Old 09-23-08, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
So to clarify, you're getting a discount then because they don't have the order ready for you (according to the in-store/pick-up guarantee). Not a bad strategy I suppose if you're wanting a new release.
I used it last night for a previous release. I place an order near 5pm, they emailed me 25 minutes later it was ready. I drove over (10 minutes) and it wasn't READY. So......$10.00 off ka-ching!! I waited in line longer to be waited on.

Maybe the thread title should be changed to in-store pickup for ALL orders

Last edited by mw390; 09-23-08 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-23-08, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mw390
What do you mean they get it before? They're SUPPOSED to have it READY when you show up at the in-store pickup desk. If you mean, you hand them the slip, they go and get it, bring it back, then charge you, that's NOT how it's supposed to work. Ask to talk to the manager.
That's exactly what they do, but I can't be bothered to throw a fit, as it is usually somewhere nearby. I did send an email to CS, but shockingly heard nothing back. I rarely go there any more anyway.
Old 09-24-08, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by starman9000
That's exactly what they do, but I can't be bothered to throw a fit, as it is usually somewhere nearby. I did send an email to CS, but shockingly heard nothing back. I rarely go there any more anyway.
If you live near Minneapolis why don't you shock the hell out of them and go to their corporate office?
Old 10-05-08, 09:43 PM

All the stores now have a digital countdown timer. Ours hasn't worked in months! All in all, they said we lost only $40 in our store last year (?) due to this policy.