Search this Thread

Old 09-22-08, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "The Mousetrap" -- 9/22/08

Terminator

Synopsis for Monday's episode

Spoiler:

Cromartie kidnaps Charley's wife, so Sarah and Derek put their heads together to devise a rescue plan. Elsewhere, John's stuck in the middle when it comes to dealing with Cameron and Riley.

Old 09-22-08, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That looked like the chapel from Kill Bill.
Old 09-22-08, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Damn. What the hell is inside Busy? Good ep so far, have to catch the rest later. Damn Monday nights
Old 09-22-08, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
random musings I had
what was a terminator doing in the airplane 3 years after Sarah and John time shifted ahead?
assuming those pics were real
and does shirley really want to find cromartie/tarzan-conan? if so why? to give it new orders?
Old 09-22-08, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was thinking she wants to find them, because then current day scientists could have more knowledge of terminators/AI stuff and help bring about Skynet/Judgement Day sooner (which could actually end up running counter to her plans--you'd think she'd want everything to play out as it did in her timeline... but she might be greedy)

... although then again, it could be exactly how it happened in her timeline and that's why she's doing it.

Last edited by Wazootyman; 09-22-08 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-22-08, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Better epsiode than last week's, but that's not saying much since "Automatic for the People" really stunk. Ellis and Cameron weren't in this episode much, and that's too bad.

What was the point (storywise) of killing Michelle? To make Sarah's ex join their fight?

What is the point of having John's friend (is it Riley?) in the story this year? Just to kill off someone John cares about somewhere down the line?

What is the point of having a very pregnant woman in the story this year?

What happened to John's other girl friend from school (the one who was or wasn't from Kansas), and why was her story so mysterious last season? Guess it'll never be resolved.

I think it was a mistake for the actor playing John to cut his hair. He looked like a teen with the bangs, but now he looks like a 10-year-old because his baby face is more visible. (By the way, does anyone know why the actor was bald in the Season 1 Blu-ray bonus material?)

This show is going to get killed in the ratings by "Dancing with the Stars" and "Heroes." Fox should find it a home on another night when it won't be up against 2 big hits. It won't be long before Fox gives up on it.
Old 09-22-08, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Anyone else laugh when the terminator sank to the bottom of the sea?
Old 09-22-08, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I thought it was a very good episode; I can see why Shirley wants Cromartie found, perhaps for the location of the Turk; but she said to find one, which could mean Cameron. And I think the ex is likely to flip with his wife dying.

Next week's looks great for Cameron fans and I really hope that Fox keeps the show on, even if they decide to change timeslots.

Patman, I didn't laugh then, but it did remind me of Tom Tom Club's "Suboceana" music video. I was cracking up at the way Cameron was looking at the new girl in the plaza though.
Old 09-22-08, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Anyone else laugh when the terminator sank to the bottom of the sea?
I was laughing at Cromartie/Dillahunt in that campy TV show, dressed in some cheesy Hercules-Conan the Barbarian getup.

Good episode.
Old 09-22-08, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,131 Posts
< Doesn't mind the preggo
< Doesn't mind the annoying friend of John trying on dresses showing her boobs.

But I digress....

I liked the ep. Perhaps there's hope yet.

Shirley Manson's T is confusing. I mean what the fuck is her role? Why is she looking for the is other Terminator? Is the Actor T a rogue? Does she have some mission of her own beyond the system? I guess it's all an act to get the Brothah cop guy on board but still.

The whole sinking in the water, "I don't swim", and red eyes floating to the bottom thing was great.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 09-22-08 at 11:28 PM.
Old 09-22-08, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another really solid episode with everything I enjoy about the series. Action (even if a bit formulaic action - like the movies) with characters that are engaging and thanks to the amount of time you can spend with them on a TV series - quite compelling. I am certain it won't get it's back nine, but I'll be there for every episode they get.
Old 09-23-08, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I really enjoyed all of season 1, but have agreed that so far this season just seems to be off.

This episode was a huge step forward for me. Enjoyed it very much and it felt more like the quality of season 1 was was returning.

I was never a fan of BAG and didn't think he was a good choice for this show. The 90210 years just made me think it would be impossible to see him as tough or a leader or even a decent actor. At first, he proved me right and I thought he was forcing things and it seemed unnatural. Maybe it was the writing or he just hadn't "found" the character yet, but I'm really enjoying his work now and he fits in with the other good actors.

I really hope this show finds some way to run for several more years. I really look forward to it every week and I think there is a lot to like about it.

RIP "Penny"
Old 09-23-08, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk God

It was a good episode. Even though I enjoyed last week's, I thought this is what the show should be. It was fast paced with some decent action scenes.

I thought the goofy video with Cromartie/Dillahunt was hilarious. I kept thinking Marc Singer in Beastmaster for some reason.

I'm surprised that the writers killed off Charley's wife. Is that supposed to make him really pissed off and help Sarah, Derek and John in future episodes?

The preview actually looked really cool. Looking forward to learning the origins of Cameron.
Old 09-23-08, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Boy, Desmond is going to be pissed to find out his love is dead after spending all that time on the island. Maybe he can use his time traveling skills to save her...oh wait, wrong show.

I've liked this season so far, and this episode was pretty good. And I kept thinking of The Beastmaster as well...
Old 09-23-08, 05:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Unfortunately, this and Prison Break are going to get slaughtered in the ratings.
Old 09-23-08, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
We kept wondering why noone recognized Cromartie at the piers, since his face had been plastered all over the TV in news stories about the DVD and the slaughter at the motel.

And I guess John and Cameron just gave up that big TV and computer equipment. They just left the stuff in the bed of the truck! No way it was gonna last more that 15 minutes unattended!
Old 09-23-08, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Originally Posted by N2DVD
We kept wondering why noone recognized Cromartie at the piers, since his face had been plastered all over the TV in news stories about the DVD and the slaughter at the motel.

Well, that, and him firing a gun in the middle of a crowd. It would seem that after the initial incident, life went back to normal on the pier.
Old 09-23-08, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess Penny needed to get back to the set of Lost.

I still don't understand where the name "Cromartie" came from. Sounds weird.

Loved the stock footage of the tiger in the barbarian movie clip.
Old 09-23-08, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
And no one mentions the promo line "you are sitting on a bomb"?

Freudian slip to describe the show?
Old 09-23-08, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Brian Shannon
And no one mentions the promo line "you are sitting on a bomb"?

A buh...?
Old 09-23-08, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
I'm surprised that the writers killed off Charley's wife. Is that supposed to make him really pissed off and help Sarah, Derek and John in future episodes?
Or turning against them. Charley seems pissed off at Sarah for trying to leave him behind or refusing to stop the van.
Old 09-23-08, 09:07 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by N2DVD

I agree - the news reports that the movie he was in is super popular, like no one would recognize Arnold Schwarzenegger on a crowded board walk.
Old 09-23-08, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I haven't been following the threads of this show, so sorry if this was ever answered.

Anyway, did the show ever explain what was going on in that room in the basement that the terminator kept bringing those soldier guys into? That part seemed cool and creepy, but unless I missed something that whole thing got totally dropped.

I love this show currrently is one of the only shows I watch, so I'm really hoping it sticks around.
Old 09-23-08, 09:27 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker

I still don't understand where the name "Cromartie" came from. Sounds weird.

its the substitute teacher name that he provides to his class.

In the "Pilot", he is a substitute teacher in the high school class that John is attending in 1999 and identifies himself as "Cromartie".
Old 09-23-08, 09:49 AM

I quite enjoyed this episode, it was tense, had good action, moved the story forward, and utilized plenty of Dean Winters, seeing as how he is the best actor on the show that's always a good thing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.