Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Weird--can't connect with a friend problem

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 09-17-08, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I can play with everyone in my friend-list except for one person (Mike). My son has around 85 people in his friend list, and he cycles through damn near every one of them throughout the week. When I try to connect with Mike, it doesn't work.

The other day I connected with another friend from work (Chris), and when Mike tried to join, he couldn't. Chris backed out, hooked up with Mike, and then I couldn't join them. It doesn't happen with anyone else, for me or Mike. As a matter of fact, chatting doesn't even connect with Mike. I have two 360's and it doesn't work on either one. I changed my router setting to allow the proper ports, and since I couldn't set the same port openings on both, I disabled any firewall settings on the other 360, so it should be open at all times.

Any clue? And no, we didn't click "avoid this player".
Old 09-17-08, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My best friend and I had an issue where each of us could play or chat with everyone else on our respective lists but not with each other. He did the connection test and had a strict NAT setting and figured it was the issue. He tried to fix the router he was using to correct the problem but ultimately had to just break down and get a Live compatible router. Now we can play Too Human together....which I guess is a good thing.....I think.
Old 09-18-08, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yup, sounds like a NAT issue on his end. I went through that myself early on in the process. There are plenty of resources to help "Mike" (if that is, in fact, his real name).
Old 09-18-08, 05:09 PM

I had the same problem, turn off your xbox, reset your router and your high speed modem......turn on your xbox.........have fun again.....

Regards,

Rub