Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Amazon's Deal of the Day (9/16) - Save on the Gilmore Girls- Complete Series for $112

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Amazon's Deal of the Day (9/16) - Save on the Gilmore Girls- Complete Series for $112

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-08, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/

or

http://www.amazon.com/Gilmore-Girls-.../dp/B000U0F7RG

Last edited by punit; 09-16-08 at 02:12 AM.
Old 09-16-08, 08:08 AM
Web
Cool New Member

Is this a really good price? I know nothing about the show. Is it mostly a show that women like or can a guy find it amusing?
Old 09-16-08, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
There are plenty of guys who like the show. I mean, everyone likes good TV. But that packaging is a little too girly if you ask me. I would be embarrassed to own it.
Old 09-16-08, 10:31 AM

Yeah the packaging looks like the old style Barbi cases, I am sure that is what they were going for. Not helpful to the guys who do like this show, counting myself amongst them. I like it because it is a more character driven humor, and it has very fast whitty dialogue that remind of classic hollywood comedies for the 40's, with plenty of pop culture thrown it. The character and the dialogue make the show, the storylines themselves do not stand out as much, they are pretty typical. But, I have never heard anyone who really watched the show not enjoy it!
Old 09-16-08, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Definitely a show that guys can like too (and count me among those who think the packaging for this was a mistake and limiting the audience).

This is the cheapest I think it has been since it came out. Good deal and if you like witty dialog and fun characters, you should enjoy the show. It sputters in the last two seasons, but never gets terrible.
Old 09-16-08, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My daughter loved the show and I tried to only buy each season when it was on sale for $20 or less, but for seven seasons, that's still $140 so, once again, waiting for the inevitable box set would have been a much better option.
Old 09-16-08, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
There are plenty of guys who like the show. I mean, everyone likes good TV. But that packaging is a little too girly if you ask me. I would be embarrassed to own it.
Agreed. Great show -- in my top 7 all-time favorite tv series (and I'm a guy). But I wouldn't be caught dead owning this packaging. Glad I own all the individual season sets.
Old 09-16-08, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Web
Is this a really good price? I know nothing about the show. Is it mostly a show that women like or can a guy find it amusing?
it's probably the best price you'll ever find on the set.

And Yes guys can really love this show. It's probably my favorite TV show next to "Six Feet Under" and "Angel".
Old 09-16-08, 05:23 PM

Cheapest its been so am finally going to bite. I also still have about $14 from the HD gift card so $97.96. I did have the regular sets 1-6 but sold them off when I heard about this set comming out. I brought Season 1 when it first came out for $39 something and was happy because less then $2 per episode. Now that am buying it will probably be cheaper in 31 days when I can no longer price adjust Amazon am waiting for a good deal on the Complete O.C. set too.

Last edited by Eve Brown; 09-16-08 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-16-08, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Eve Brown
Now that am buying it will probably be cheaper in 31 days when I can no longer price adjust
No need to worry about being cheaper in 30 days, Amazon dropped the post order price guarantee

From AMAZON: Only orders placed before September 1, 2008 are eligible for a price difference refund under the Post-Order Price Guarantee policy. As of September 1, 2008 we are no longer offering discounts if prices change on our website after you make a purchase.
Old 09-17-08, 05:28 AM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does anyone have an idea why season 6 has no extras? Well besides that dumb cw trailer. LOL

(Sorry for the sort of off topic question. I just got done watching season 6 so I am curious as to the reasoning.)
Old 09-17-08, 07:16 AM

If anyone here missed out on this one but would still like one, I ordered one for my sister but she didn't end up wanting it. So if you PM me, I will sell it via paypal for what I paid Amazon for it plus priorty mail shipping charge...$120. It is due to arrive from Amazon tomorrow, so I could ship it to you Friday.
Old 09-17-08, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by bigjim25
No need to worry about being cheaper in 30 days, Amazon dropped the post order price guarantee

From AMAZON: Only orders placed before September 1, 2008 are eligible for a price difference refund under the Post-Order Price Guarantee policy. As of September 1, 2008 we are no longer offering discounts if prices change on our website after you make a purchase.
Man... that really sucks