Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

why does my PS3 controller revert to the "3rd" position?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-08, 09:05 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I do have two other things plugged into the front of my PS3, the IR dongle for the nyco remote, as well as ...umm.. something else, which I can't remember at this moment... regardless of the order I plug things in, or the position slots I actually use, my siaxis PS3 controller always reverts to the third position, forcing me to change it the first position each and every time I try and play a game... what gives?
Old 09-10-08, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same thing with my GH dongle plugged in ... I guess it registers those devices as the primary controllers ... annoying as hell, right?
Old 09-10-08, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
same thing for me and I too have the GH and RB dongles pluged in. All I do is hold down the PS button and change it in that menu.
Old 09-10-08, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Yeah, it does this when I have a Dual Shock 2 adapter plugged in. The adapter takes the first two slots, since it apparently supports 2 controllers but just has one connector.
Old 09-11-08, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The easy way around this is to not power on your console with the controller. If you turn it on by pressing the button then wait about 20 seconds before you turn on the controller it will be assigned to controller 1.
Old 09-11-08, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Mordred
The easy way around this is to not power on your console with the controller. If you turn it on by pressing the button then wait about 20 seconds before you turn on the controller it will be assigned to controller 1.
I'd rather just go to the Accessory Settings and change it to 1. You have to do that each time you turn it on, but that seems easier than having to turn on the system by hand and wait (well, unless you had to walk up to the system to put in a new game). Some games will work with controller 3 though, like Civilization Revolution.

I hope that in the next generation, they do a better job of supporting multiple peripherals. They should set it up so that whatever controller launches the game becomes assigned to controller 1 for that session.
Old 09-11-08, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts
Originally Posted by Mordred
How will this prevent the other devices from taking the first couple slots?

This is why I always have to disconnect my HRAP arcade stick when I'm not playing Soul Calibur...