Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

New 80GB PS3; 8001002B error already?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-08, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 80GB PS3; 8001002B error already?

I got the new 80GB PS3 and hooked it up tonight. I bought Conan and Viking for games and Spiderman 3 bluray. It sucks that the damn system comes with RCA so stuff doesnt look so good. Conan played great but when I tried loading Viking, I get this error: 8001002B

What is this? I read it could be a problem with the eye? I could exchange it but damn does this suck. What ever happened to just plugging in and playing?
Old 09-08-08, 02:54 AM

Oddly enough I pressed the power button and nothing, so I hit eject, than the game loaded. After it loaded the screen went black....

When I went to quit game, it quit, than the system peeped 3 times. What the hell?
Old 09-08-08, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts
The beeping is a forced shutdown/crash. It happens from time to time.

Are you hooked into the Internet and is your Firmware up to date? And when you say "The new 80GB PS3" do you mean the one with no backwards compatibility?

Plug and Play died when it was determined companies needed to race to market for competition purposes.

Last edited by RichC2; 09-08-08 at 07:54 AM.
Old 09-08-08, 08:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When you say "the eye" I assume your talking about that camera? Does the machine work properly when that's not plugged in -- you don't mention if you've tried it that way? I would try unplugging the eye and getting the latest firmware and then try it again.
Old 09-08-08, 12:41 PM

Yea its the new one with no backwords compatibility. With eye I meant the laser eye/disc reader. When I read eye, I assume thats what others meant, I didnt think of the camera lol

I havent gotten my sucker hooked up to my router yet. It was a late night, so I went for the 'plug and play'. Ill try to get it going now and see if the firmware update helps. Thanks for the suggestions guys, I appreciate everything.
Old 09-08-08, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doing a google search I found out that it COULD be a Blu-Ray drive failure. Did you buy the console locally or online? I would try to exchange it for another if possible.

It could be a BAD disc also....was Viking bought USED?
Old 09-08-08, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I dug through the list of error codes on the Playstation forums, but couldn't find this one listed. However, the number of complaints about failed BD drives continue to increase so I hope this isn't your issue. It is starting to look like Sony may have their own mini version of the RROD with the BD drive disc read errors. PS2 all over again.
Old 09-08-08, 03:16 PM

I got it in Alaska Tax free and just got home with it. I bought it 2 weeks ago so I can still exchange it. Conan game and Spiderman 3 Blueray worked fine though, so it might be the game.

Im trying to hook it up to the router but Im having problems. Its a Linksys 54G and I entered all the info on the PS3 internet set up but it didnt find the router. On the router web page, where do I go and what do I do to enter the PS3 MAC address and enable it?
Old 09-08-08, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Im trying to hook it up to the router but Im having problems. Its a Linksys 54G and I entered all the info on the PS3 internet set up but it didnt find the router. On the router web page, where do I go and what do I do to enter the PS3 MAC address and enable it?
Get MAC address from PS3: Settings > Network Settings > Settings and Connection Status List

Enter MAC address on your router: Wireless > Wireless MAC Filter > Edit MAC Filter List

This is assuming that the connection problem is being caused because you previously enabled "Wireless MAC Filter" and "Permit only PCs listed to access the wireless network" on your router.
Old 09-08-08, 05:07 PM

Ahh thanks man! I always forget how to get to the edit MAC filter list. I entered it and it shows the address, but as it shows my laptop name and wii as inactive, my PS3 has no Client Host Name or IP address shown under Wireless Client MAC List

I just entered the info and the PS3 obtained the IP address but Failed with the internet connection. It says "an error has occuirred during communication with the server. This is a DNS error (80710102)" Whats that mean?
Old 09-08-08, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It means that it didn't receive a DNS server IP address from your router, or, that it wasn't able to actually do any resolving with that IP address.
Old 09-08-08, 05:57 PM

Okay, now how do I fix it?

Ive read to reboot the router and PS3 and try again. Im installing updates now so I can try that after I guess
Old 09-08-08, 07:36 PM

The reboots didnt work. I entered the primary and secondary addresses into the PS3 and youre saying its not detecting them? Shit, Ive been fucking with this half the day! I wish I could get it done
Old 09-08-08, 08:35 PM

With this help of Walkers info and this website:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...read.id=116102

I got it all working. Hopefully this thread will help someone in the future cause when I did a search for the error nothing came up. Now maybe theyll get help quicker than I did since I was searching on and off since noon!

However its messing up now. While downloading the update it failed because of some interruption or something.
Old 09-08-08, 11:29 PM

Alright PS3 is up and running with internet, but Viking still doesnt play. It loads just find and has that loading screen that shows tips and than goes to black... which it stays stuck on! I assume its the game cause Conan and Spidey3 load and play fine. Ill return it tomorrow.

I know no one else seems to respond but me but Ill ask anyway. Why does my conan game and Spidey 3 blueray only play in Pro Logic? I have it connected with Optical. Anyone?
Old 09-08-08, 11:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's been awhile since I set my PS3 up but I seem to recall having to go into the system settings and adjust the audio options/defaults.
Old 09-09-08, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by nemein
It's been awhile since I set my PS3 up but I seem to recall having to go into the system settings and adjust the audio options/defaults.
Yea I found it, I had to change the bit stream. Took awhile

My Viking game is really fucking up. It causes the PS3 to freeze and wouldnt even eject! It got stuck coming out and got sucked back in causing the PS3 to reset.