Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Sonic Unleashed PS3 vs. Wii?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-08, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sonic Unleashed PS3 vs. Wii?

I currently have a Wii and had Sonic Unleashed for the Wii on my wishlist.

For my birthday, I am going to be getting a PS3. From the screenshots I've seen (obviously) the PS3 graphics look better. Does anyone know how the game play will be different between the two versions?

I am considering switching my wishlist to the PS3 version instead.
Also looking for other PS3 game suggestions to add to my list. Right now I have Little Big Planet and Mirror's Edge on my list.
Old 09-06-08, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Brett
I currently have a Wii and had Sonic Unleashed for the Wii on my wishlist.

For my birthday, I am going to be getting a PS3. From the screenshots I've seen (obviously) the PS3 graphics look better. Does anyone know how the game play will be different between the two versions?
I'm willing to bet my house that the Wii version will use motion controls somehow that the PS3 version will not have....
Old 09-06-08, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WMAangel
I'm willing to bet my house that the Wii version will use motion controls somehow that the PS3 version will not have....
Yeah, I figured Wii would have some sort of motion control, but what will it be? Will it be something integral that improves game play?
Old 09-06-08, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Are cleaner graphics + assumedly more traditional Sonic controls worth $10?

Oh, and Mirror's Edge?
Old 09-06-08, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, I figured Wii would have some sort of motion control, but what will it be? Will it be something integral that improves game play?
I was just being a jackass with my response....I figured it was obviously sarcastic, no need for a

Seriously though...I'd probably go for the PS3 version...personally I get all my cross platform titles on my PS3 for the HD graphics and "regular" controls...

I save my Wii for the first-party Nintendo made games and any others that are specifically created for the system and its unique motion controls....

If you do not have an HDTV, then the choice becomes a little harder, as then it only comes down to your preference for what I have personally found to usually be forced, tacked-on motion controls that detract from the game...
Old 09-06-08, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WMAangel
I was just being a jackass with my response....I figured it was obviously sarcastic, no need for a

Seriously though...I'd probably go for the PS3 version...personally I get all my cross platform titles on my PS3 for the HD graphics and "regular" controls...

I save my Wii for the first-party Nintendo made games and any others that are specifically created for the system and its unique motion controls....

If you do not have an HDTV, then the choice becomes a little harder, as then it only comes down to your preference for what I have personally found to usually be forced, tacked-on motion controls that detract from the game...
Yes, that was my thinking as well.

First and foremost, I am getting the PS3 for Blu-ray player/media streaming. The gaming is actually an added benefit in my eyes. Perhaps this will change and become a prominent part when I see how nice the graphics look on a HD gaming system. I have switched my Amazon wishlist to the PS3 version of Sonic Unleashed, from the previews I've seen, the graphics look phenomenal.

Why can't these systems all come with at least one game in the box!
Old 09-06-08, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

First and foremost, I am getting the PS3 for Blu-ray player/media streaming. The gaming is actually an added benefit in my eyes. Perhaps this will change and become a prominent part when I see how nice the graphics look on a HD gaming system.
I also bought the PS3 primarily as a BD player, but 5 or 6 months later, I find I play it a lot more than my 360. Games like Uncharted, Resistance, and Ratchet and Clank Future seem a lot more suited to a casual gamer like me. I've had a blast playing those games. I can't wait to give Sonic a shot.
Old 09-06-08, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Why can't these systems all come with at least one game in the box!
If you get the mgs4 bundle it comes with mgs4. I know previous releases of ps3 came with motorstorm.
Old 09-07-08, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah I would agree with going with the PS3 version of Sonic Unleashed. The Wii Sonic game to get will be 'Sonic & The Black Knight' due out next year. This is an exclusive Wii game made especially to take advantage of the Wii hardware and controls.