Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Looking for a Wireless Home Theater System

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-08, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, if not please move it to the correct one.

I'm looking for an at least 5.1 to 6.1 home theater system for my Blu-Ray player. But it needs to have wireless speakers. If anyone knows where I can find one please let me know. I would hope it has DTS capability as well.
Old 09-01-08, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are wireless setups that provide around FM quality, using Bluetooth or similar. A stereo model could provide wireless for the surround coming from the receiver, for example. But you have to understand, not even these are truly wireless. You still need to plug them into power and possibly just shorter speaker wires on the other side of the room.
Old 09-01-08, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's usually best to find a way to run wires. What's your difficulty?
Old 09-02-08, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I am patiently awaiting the day when a wireless system would be worthy of hd quality content.

Unfortunately that day is not here yet.
Old 09-02-08, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Spiky
It's usually best to find a way to run wires. What's your difficulty?
The room I want this in, I have a large entertainment center against the only wall that can have it and it's next to the hallway entrance and the basement & garage doors which are then next to another hallway entrance, so the wires for the back speakers would be going across the floor of 2 hallway entrances and 2 doors as well, so I NEED the back speakers to be wireless, but the other speakers could be wired, if the speakers need to be plugged into a power outlet only, then that would be fine, because I can do that, but I can't have the wires from the speakers go back to the receiver, if that makes sense.
Old 09-02-08, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, mostly you have products like this:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1171058476489

Where you have to have a wireless receiver in the back, which must be plugged in, and then speaker wire running up to the speakers. Audio quality is going to be personal taste, I think. But you can't get much power out of things like this. If you want to blast stuff, you really need to find a way to do wired. Under the floor, in the ceiling, tape wire painted into the walls/ceiling...there are options for hiding wire.