Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'The Invincible Iron Man' (Blu-ray)

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 08-30-08, 09:13 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Adam Tyner's DVD review of The Invincible Iron Man at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=34456 and... I stoped reading before i finished the first paragraph because of this..."Christopher Nolan's exhaustingly bleak Batman sequel." I dont give this guy the slightest bit of credibility. Honestly you really think that The Dark Knight was exhaustingly bleak??? I think this film was anything but. I think its time that dvd talk found some new reviewers.
Old 08-30-08, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,852 Likes on 1,226 Posts
Originally Posted by joshua1tbsfan
Honestly you really think that The Dark Knight was exhaustingly bleak???
I wouldn't have written that if I didn't. "Exhaustingly bleak" isn't even meant as a criticism...just as a description. It's supposed to be dark, draining, and disturbing. I do think that The Dark Knight suffers from some severe problems -- the clumsy Big Brother angle and the scenes on the ferries are near-total disasters, in particular, and Batman is by far the blandest character in his own movie -- but I sincerely can't fathom how calling it unrelentingly bleak could bother you so much. I honestly don't know how else the tone of the movie could be taken. I only mentioned that in the review because it's in such stark contrast to Iron Man.

Originally Posted by joshua1tbsfan
I think its time that dvd talk found some new reviewers.
I think your posting privileges should be yanked because you disagree with me. There? See how irrational and nonsensical that is?

I even freely admit in the first few words that I know my opinion's in the minority, so...I just don't get the indignation.
Old 08-30-08, 09:57 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After reading your reply I understand more what you were trying to say and i do on some level agree with you. It was wrong of me to try to discredit you as a reviewer but that is how i felt before reading your reply. Thanks for the reply, I will be sure to check out more of your reviews in the future now. Thanks, Joshua