Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

L&o: Ci (08/24)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-08, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
L&o: Ci (08/24)

This was a cool episode. Tons of blasts from the past. While I'm sad to see that Goren's nemesis won't ever have another cameo again, it was a cool way to tie up that loose end. So, is Goren now really "free?"

The promo for Jeff Goldblum was awesome, even though it was like 2 seconds long. Just the way he walks into a room with his shifty eyes all over the place has me laughing.

Last edited by Deftones; 08-25-08 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-25-08, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Deftones
This was a cool episode. Tons of blasts from the past. While I'm sad to see that Goren's nemesis won't ever have another cameo again, it was a cool way to tie up that loose end. So, is Goren now really "free?"

The promo for Jeff Goldblum was awesome, even though it was like 2 seconds long. Just the way he walks into a room with his shifty eyes all over the place has me laughing.

I didn't see the promo! Dammit.

I really did like this episode, although it became clear pretty quickly the Lionel Luthor was the killer.

As for Nicole, I have to say I'm a little dissapointed that she's now done... and that it wasn't "Bobby" that did her in! To be killed off-camera and have her heart show up... It was cool in it's Se7en-esque ballsy-ness, but I also felt kind of cheated.

This is a character that is every bit Goren's equal... she has been consistantly one-step (if not more) ahead of everyone, and to be so blind-sided by someone she must have known was Bobby's mentor... it just seemed uncharacteristically careless for such a diabolically scheming character.

Other than that, though... really good episode.

EDIT: Also a shame that we'll never see his daughter Jo again as she could have had at least a cool, Hannibal-Lector-esque looney bin scene. But having bit her tongue off and slipped into a coma, I doubt she'll show up again, either. I guess we could still have Lionel pop up again in that "Lector" role.

-Doc
Old 08-25-08, 10:47 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc MacGyver
As for Nicole, I have to say I'm a little dissapointed that she's now done... and that it wasn't "Bobby" that did her in! To be killed off-camera and have her heart show up... It was cool in it's Se7en-esque ballsy-ness, but I also felt kind of cheated.

This is a character that is every bit Goren's equal... she has been consistantly one-step (if not more) ahead of everyone, and to be so blind-sided by someone she must have known was Bobby's mentor... it just seemed uncharacteristically careless for such a diabolically scheming character.
This is exactly how I felt. I enjoyed the episode. But I was really disappointed they just blew-off the Nicole Wallace character. She was the White Whale, and she gets a lousy send-off. What a let-down.

Hopefully, Bobby really is "free", and we won't get more of his annoying mental breakdown subplot.
Old 08-26-08, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
This is exactly how I felt. I enjoyed the episode. But I was really disappointed they just blew-off the Nicole Wallace character. She was the White Whale, and she gets a lousy send-off. What a let-down.

Hopefully, Bobby really is "free", and we won't get more of his annoying mental breakdown subplot.

Just more quirky mind-games with defendents and their incredibely inept attorneys

-Doc
Old 08-26-08, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
I was kinda bored by the episode. I have always like the Goren episodes, but I found that I liked the Logan episodes quite a bit more the last couple of years.
Old 09-03-08, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
re: Miss Wallace

Spoiler:
Is Law & Order: CI's Nicole Wallace (Olivia d'Abo) really dead? I thought that the finale's twist — the bloody heart, Declan's involvement — was sort of ambiguous. — Jose

Mickey: I'm hearing from at least one source that the initial plans for the Nicole Wallace storyline may be changed, in part due to this season's casting changes (to recap: Big out, Fly in). Whether that means she was once supposed to be dead and now isn't, your guess is as good as Goren's. A USA rep declined to comment on Wallace's fate.
Old 09-03-08, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rogue588
re: Miss Wallace

Spoiler:
Is Law & Order: CI's Nicole Wallace (Olivia d'Abo) really dead? I thought that the finale's twist — the bloody heart, Declan's involvement — was sort of ambiguous. — Jose

Mickey: I'm hearing from at least one source that the initial plans for the Nicole Wallace storyline may be changed, in part due to this season's casting changes (to recap: Big out, Fly in). Whether that means she was once supposed to be dead and now isn't, your guess is as good as Goren's. A USA rep declined to comment on Wallace's fate.

Interesting. They'll have to do a hell of a tap dance to explain away the DNA evidence.

-Doc
Old 09-03-08, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

IS there anywhere that I can watch this online right now. I haven't looked around yet. I saw the beginning up until the miss wallace arrival (which was a little obvious) but then had to go to work.
Old 09-04-08, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts
Solid episode, and would have made a good series finale. I suspect that Nicole is not dead, maybe they already have a plausible exlanation lined up.