Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Lions for Lambs, Lars & the Real Girl -- 7.99 at borders/19.99 Adult Swim (+more)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Lions for Lambs, Lars & the Real Girl -- 7.99 at borders/19.99 Adult Swim (+more)

Old 08-06-08, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A strange random pair on sale, not sure why, but there they are.

Of other note--we got in tons of WB 2 discs (Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Singin in the Rain, Green Mile, Color Purple, Right Stuff, Strangers on a Train...) and as of yet no reason for them. I'm not naming them in the thread title because I don't know for sure, but it LOOKS like they may end up 7.99 believe it or not. I'm still waiting to know for sure, but can't figure out what else we have them for. Maybe just to taunt me with the promise of cheap singin in the rain

http://www.borders.com/online/store/...L_20080807_REW

TV on DVD 19.99 sale. Weird selection, but hey. Not ALL adult swim, but a good bit of it. (ATHF 1-4, Venture ssn2, both Robot Chicken, Harvey Birdman 3, Squidbillies 1...)

PS: LfL & L&tRG are not available from the website...they're even marked pre-order thanks to the funky kinks wandering around...

Last edited by FangsFirst; 08-06-08 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-06-08, 11:30 PM

So, is this a deal for rewards members right. It's just a sale in the store?
Old 08-06-08, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dlinke01
So, is this a deal for rewards members right. It's just a sale in the store?
the 7.99 titles are regular sale prices, instore only. Membership not required, but, as always, it's free and gets you coupons that now work online (and for those concerned with wasted time, it takes the time for a cashier to type an e-mail address and phone number and that's it) and credit earned with any purchases that can be used once you've spent $150 over the course of a calendar year.
Old 08-07-08, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FangsFirst
PS: LfL & L&tRG are not available from the website...they're even marked pre-order thanks to the funky kinks wandering around...
Uh, they're marked pre-order because of the price drop that's hitting them on 9/23. The website just hasn't announced the new price.
Old 08-07-08, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Peep
Uh, they're marked pre-order because of the price drop that's hitting them on 9/23. The website just hasn't announced the new price.
Well, yes, I assumed it was due to a price drop, but they neither reflect the price drop nor the fact that they are physically available already
Old 08-07-08, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, yes, I assumed it was due to a price drop, but they neither reflect the price drop nor the fact that they are physically available already
Huh? Items with a scheduled price-drop are almost always physically available before the drop. Some places will list them as pre-orders and make you wait. Some places will list them as pre-orders but ship them right away.

If Borders.com has their crap together (ha!), they'll adjust the price for anybody who orders between now and when the price is dropped, which I assume will happen before 9/23.

I'm confused by your confusion.
Old 08-07-08, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Huh? Items with a scheduled price-drop are almost always physically available before the drop. Some places will list them as pre-orders and make you wait. Some places will list them as pre-orders but ship them right away.

If Borders.com has their crap together (ha!), they'll adjust the price for anybody who orders between now and when the price is dropped, which I assume will happen before 9/23.

I'm confused by your confusion.
Confusion=
Item listed on site.
Item available.
Item listed at CURRENT price.

So, then, why not send it out at the current price--or update the price now, and THEN mark it a pre-order and not send it yet?

Anyway.

PS: appears my hopeful suspicions of 7.99 have been smeared; 11.99 looks to be the more likely pricing culprit for the WB 2 discs.
Old 08-08-08, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Confusion=
Item listed on site.
Item available.
Item listed at CURRENT price.

So, then, why not send it out at the current price--or update the price now, and THEN mark it a pre-order and not send it yet?
None of those seem out of the ordinary when dealing with pre-orders at many of the places that I shop. And what makes you think that they won't ship the item immediately if you order it at the higher price. DeepDiscount sometimes (always?) ships early on reprices if they have them in stock.
Old 08-08-08, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

None of those seem out of the ordinary when dealing with pre-orders at many of the places that I shop. And what makes you think that they won't ship the item immediately if you order it at the higher price. DeepDiscount sometimes (always?) ships early on reprices if they have them in stock.
I suppose. I could swear DD usually had a separate listing for re-prices? Or did I imagine that?
Old 08-11-08, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sale is still going, i picked up Lars & The Real Girl tonight.
Old 08-11-08, 04:53 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I'll plan to pick up Lars & the Real Girl some time this week.
Old 08-12-08, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Adult swim titles dropped to 14.99.
EDIT: instore only, it seems.
Old 08-13-08, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In store only? Darn, all I have near me are Waldenbooks and they have NO DVDs. I even got a Borders 25% off birthday coupon emailed to me today, but nowhere to spend it.
Old 08-13-08, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lecithin
In store only? Darn, all I have near me are Waldenbooks and they have NO DVDs. I even got a Borders 25% off birthday coupon emailed to me today, but nowhere to spend it.
Time to relocate buddy. I've got like... close to 10 Borders within 30 mins of my place..
Old 08-13-08, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

LOL, I just did a store location search using the next widest parameter they had (100 mile radius) and it came up with exactly three Borders stores (Knoxville, TN and Charlotte, NC). Not worth moving, though.