Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon Blu Ray

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-08, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon Blu Ray

I just bought three Stanley Kubrick films on Blu Ray, 2001, Shining, Clockwork. When they arrived I noticed some inconsistencies in the casing.

2001 seemed to be of higher quality, the Blu-Ray Disc logo at the top was a nice shining metalic-looking, while on the other two discs the logo at the top was just gray paint. The shrink wrap on 2001 was also thicker and more loose while the other two had the shrink wrap more like a cheap grocery store plastic bag material shrunk so tight that it was ripping and contracting the actual case disfiguring the plastic that holds the cover in place.

Would it do any good to ship the other two back for replacements or will I just end up with the same shoddy packaging?
Old 08-06-08, 10:32 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
It always differs as they are made at different times in different plants. Most Warner titles have shrinkwrap similar to PS2 style plastic, while Fox and Paramount use very cheap saran wrap like plastic.

As for the cases...again, its whatever they have. All 4 of my Universal BD's have different cases yet were released on the same day.

Don't wastes the studio or your time by returning something because the plastic wrap that you will remove and throw away is poor.
Old 08-06-08, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The inconsistencies in the Kubrick covers has been well noted. It's not Amazon's fault.
Old 08-07-08, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Numanoid
The inconsistencies in the Kubrick covers has been well noted. It's not Amazon's fault.
Think he was refering to the actual blu ray case not the covers and the shrink wrap on the case
Old 08-07-08, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
I hate to be one of those people, but I think we should change the thread topic to something far more specific. That way people could actually know what this thread is about rather than just it has something vaguely to do with Blu-rays from Amazon.