Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

PS3 Costco Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-08, 09:45 AM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PS3 Costco Question

Has anyone seen the 80gb Metal Gear PS3 at Costco? Maybe they still will get them in? Anyone know?

TIA for any information. I want to get a PS3 before BC is gone, but would also like to make the purchase at Costco.
Old 08-04-08, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 451 Likes on 316 Posts
Probably not.

The MGS4 bundle is (was) limited, and since they announced the "price drop" for the 80gig (minus the BC and extras), if you ever see an 80gig at a Costco, that'll be the one, not the MGS4 bundle. I mean, I haven't seen any PS3s at Costco recently, much less the MGS4 bundle, which is typically hard to find - I would try Traget/Walmar/Kmart for that instead.
Old 08-04-08, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 343 Likes on 231 Posts
Costco.com has two different PS3/MGS4 bundles listed as in stock (one for $570 and one for $560). I haven't seen one at my local Costco though.
Old 08-04-08, 07:20 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the replies.

My Costco has a bunch of 40gb PS3's, just the not the 80gb. Which is too bad, because other stores in the area have a buch of the 80gb.
Old 08-04-08, 07:39 PM
Banned

I go to Costco once a week at least and have never seen an 80GB at either of the two stores I frequent. I bought my 40GB there in Jan though. Best purchase of the year so far.

Still don't understand the appeal of playing PS2 games when you have PS3 games, but I accept the fact that some people find it important.
Old 08-05-08, 09:37 AM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SonOfAStu
I go to Costco once a week at least and have never seen an 80GB at either of the two stores I frequent. I bought my 40GB there in Jan though. Best purchase of the year so far.

Still don't understand the appeal of playing PS2 games when you have PS3 games, but I accept the fact that some people find it important.
Thanks! I only get to my costco atleast once a month. Depending on what I need. So I wasn't sure if I was just missing it.

For me, I still play some of the PS2 games and when I get my PS3 I won't have any room for the PS2. So for me, it would be just nice to have a PS3 that also plays PS2.
Old 08-05-08, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What if you were an Xbox or Gamecube player last gen and never had a PS2? You would now have an opportunity to play a whole bunch of great exclusive games for the PS2 that you had previously missed out on (and probably snag them dirt cheap as well.)....I know many people who got a Wii and have now gone back and played some of the best games the Gamecube had to offer since they never had one last gen....

Maybe you want to keep the number of consoles in your entertainment center to a minimum? No sense in having two boxes hooked up and taking up valuable real estate if you can do everything you need with just one...

Those are really the best two reasons in favor of the PS2 BC....but one last minor one might be because the PS3 now upscales the older games and makes them look a little bit better than if you played them on an actual PS2...
Old 08-05-08, 12:29 PM
Banned

Right, I've heard those reasons over and over again. I guess I just don't have enough time to play video games. There is enough new content that actually is made for the PS3 out already to satisfy my gaming itch until the next new big thing comes out. Am I missing out on great PS2 games? Probably. But I'm also missing out on great PS3 games. If I had time to play more video games, I would make it those ones.
Old 08-05-08, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
But I'm also missing out on great PS3 games.
Are you from the future? I kid, I kid. Nothing interests me there yet and I have PS2 games I wouldn't want to lose the ability to play as I sold my PS2 as part of the PS3 deal with the wife.
Old 08-05-08, 12:46 PM
Banned

PS3 games I would rather buy/play if I had more time:

Uncharted
Assassin's Creed
Lego Star Wars
Lego Indiana Jones
Resistance
Burnout Paradise
Civilization
Soul Caliber IV
MGS4
Gran Turismo
Battlefield: Bad Company
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

And that doesn't take into account: a) games I already own and haven't played yet, and b) games that will be out in the near future that I would also play before I ever put a PS2 game in (Star Wars Force Unleashed, Little Big Planet, new R&C, new God Of War, Rock Band 2, GHIV, etc.)

How would I possibly be able to fit a PS2 game into there?
Old 08-05-08, 12:53 PM
Banned

PlayStation 3 80 GB Metal Gear Solid 4 Pack

In stock right now at Amazon. FYI