Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Does GNR Greatest Hits Disc Have Scratches?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-08, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just opened the cd for the first time to rip into itunes and it looks to be scratched all to hell. It ripped fine but I can't tell if it's supposed to be like that or not. I'm not sure if they had a couple different versions but this is the one that comes in the digipak.

Thanks
Old 08-01-08, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the top of the disc? the side that has artwork on it? Thats intentional. its on mine too.

I kind of wish they would have included more 'appitite' songs, way too many 8 minute ballads. Also, i hope one day to see a remastered version of Appitite for Distruction.
Old 08-01-08, 09:09 PM

thanks for the reply.
yes it is the side that would have artwork on it. This cd doesn't have any artwork on it though...unless you consider that artwork

they really couldn't come up with anything better?
Old 08-02-08, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rypro 525
I kind of wish they would have included more 'appitite' songs, way too many 8 minute ballads. Also, i hope one day to see a remastered version of Appitite for Distruction.
That would have been nice but in a way I'm happy with the set since Appetite stands great on it's own. If I had it my way, these 4 would be on there too: It's So Easy, Nightrain, Out Ta Get Me, & Mr. Brownstone. Since this is mostly for listeners who want a collection containing the group's biggest hits on one disc and not for the listeners who have everything by them, this disc serves their needs nicely. Maybe one day we will get a 2 disc Gold CD from them.
Old 08-02-08, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by civiclx
thanks for the reply.
yes it is the side that would have artwork on it. This cd doesn't have any artwork on it though...unless you consider that artwork

they really couldn't come up with anything better?
It's just a "Money" disc - meaning they could give two shits about putting any thought into the artwork - as long as they can suck a ton of money by putting the disc out (which they have) that's all they care about - there is no band input (rarely ever is there, but there was some input from Pearl Jam when they left Sony - take a look at the before and after poses in the artwork for their two disc release).

I'm sure Axl would have done a much better job if he had a say in it.
Old 08-02-08, 05:24 PM

wheeew...so it's not my copy then. thanks again
Old 08-02-08, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the reason this album had so much more UYI material than Appetite is because UYI was milked dry with hits and AFD only had three or four singles. It's like Def Lep's Hysteria vs. Pyromania. Pyro is generally considered a superior album, but Hysteria had twice as many hit singles
Old 08-02-08, 10:45 PM

my friend thought that his disk was all scratched up and returned it.. they opened up the new one only to find that them scratches were intentional.