Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Jefferson Starship's new album....

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-08, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Musictap deletes news very quickly, but yesterday I read that they are ready to drop a new album. Why is this exciting news? Grace Slick comes out of her self-imposed 20 year retirement from recording to appear on this album! She is still not going to tour for health and other reasons (she hates the idea of old people on stage), but considering she hasn't recorded anything since the Jefferson Airplane reunion album in 1989, it's quite exciting to have perhaps the first "woman in rock" to return.
Old 08-01-08, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally Posted by nothingfails
the first "woman in rock"

"Oh no you didn't! Now someone else taking credit for what I have done! I am the originator of a woman in rock and roll, baby! Good golly miss molly, I'm the woooooo original!"
Old 08-02-08, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nothingfails
Musictap deletes news very quickly
It's in their Archives section. I'm looking forward to hearing what they sound like now.
Jefferson Starship arrives back on the music scene with the release of their new album, Jefferson’s Tree of Liberty. The band will have past members like Kantner, Slick, Balin, and others. The other thing is that the album is filled with covers from Lennon, Marley, Ochs, Seeger, Dylan, Leadbelly, and others, 19 tracks altogether. The album will be released on Fuel Records with 24-bit mastering and a Deluxe Packaging with extensive liner notes. This album is planned for September 2. Jefferson Starship will be touring this year and next.

As of 2008 Jefferson Starship continues to tour with a lineup of Paul Kantner (vocals, guitar), David Freiberg (vocals, bass, keyboards), Cathy Richardson (vocals), Slick Aguilar (lead guitar), Chris Smith (keyboards) and Donny Baldwin (drums). The band sometimes features guest musicians such as Balin, Gould, Gorman and former Grateful Dead keyboardist Tom Constanten.

I think they way the worded it, it made it look like Grace Slick was back but I don't think she is.

Guesswho - good one