Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Stargate - Continuum'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-08, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Don Houston's DVD review of Stargate - Continuum at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=33851 and...

Mr. Houston's DVD review of Stargate - Continuum was, I believe, accurate on a technical level. However, I would rate the final DVD as VERY entertaining. It came closest to the seasons of Stargate SG-1 starring Richard Dean Anderson.

The action was engaging and frequent. For regular, devoted fans the interaction of the team was like "in the old days" - super.

Whenever time travel is involved with alternate time-lines involved the question of: "to which time-line did all the 'travelers' return?" can offer unresolved questions of "how" things occurred as they did. But, that's what "suspension of belief" is all about.

The return of the Ga'uld was a welcomed event. The Ori was a bad idea from the start. Since Richard Dean Anderson left the series it seems that everything went downhill. So, "Continuum" was a breath of fresh air.
Old 07-31-08, 01:16 PM
Emeritus Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, thanks for disagreeing with me and keeping it civil. I might have liked it more if it truly did go back to the "Richard Dean Anderson" days but he only had a cameo and the magic was lost quite early in the movie for me (the action effectively stopping right after the time shift and not picking up until the highly implausible reunion with T'eal. Major character issues weakened other parts and as I said, for a much larger budgeted movie, I simply expected more than a run of the mill episode/set of two episodes.

In any case, thanks again, the various fan forums of the show are jumping all over the place into factions, as predicted, so maybe the volume of discussions alone will help push for movie releases, and hopefully better written ones at that. Take care!

Originally Posted by leprechaun224
I read Don Houston's DVD review of Stargate - Continuum at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=33851 and...

Mr. Houston's DVD review of Stargate - Continuum was, I believe, accurate on a technical level. However, I would rate the final DVD as VERY entertaining. It came closest to the seasons of Stargate SG-1 starring Richard Dean Anderson.

The action was engaging and frequent. For regular, devoted fans the interaction of the team was like "in the old days" - super.

Whenever time travel is involved with alternate time-lines involved the question of: "to which time-line did all the 'travelers' return?" can offer unresolved questions of "how" things occurred as they did. But, that's what "suspension of belief" is all about.

The return of the Ga'uld was a welcomed event. The Ori was a bad idea from the start. Since Richard Dean Anderson left the series it seems that everything went downhill. So, "Continuum" was a breath of fresh air.