Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sons of Anarchy on FX

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-08, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sons of Anarchy on FX

The commercials for this show are all over FX and it looks pretty interesting. The bikes on there look pretty sweet. Its from one of the writers from The Shield so I'm raising the bar high, for good reason. Anyone else see the commercials or have more info on it?
Old 07-29-08, 08:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have no info on it, but I'm am looking forward to checking this show out. It looks interesting. I'm a fan of Ron Perlman.
Old 07-29-08, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The creator's blog is here: http://sutterink.blogspot.com/. Seems to have so interesting stuff on it.
Old 07-30-08, 08:36 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by FinkPish
The creator's blog is here: http://sutterink.blogspot.com/. Seems to have so interesting stuff on it.
The Shield's Jay Karnes (Dutch) will have a role on Anarchy.

Anyone know when this show premieres?
Old 07-30-08, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Looks awesome. Can't wait.
Old 07-30-08, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Originally Posted by Geofferson
The Shield's Jay Karnes (Dutch) will have a role on Anarchy.

Wednesday September 3rd.

I had my doubts with the first promo, I mean it looked cool, but could is sustain a full season. After seeing extended bits with Ron Pearlman, I have no doubt this show will be awesome.
Old 07-30-08, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
With freaking bells on.

I am going out of my head waiting for FXs other good shows (Shield, Rescue Me, Always Sunny...) to come out. I hope this one doesn't disappoint (Dirt, Damages, Riches...).
Old 07-30-08, 11:04 AM

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Originally Posted by DeputyDave
With freaking bells on.

I am going out of my head waiting for FXs other good shows (Shield, Rescue Me, Always Sunny...) to come out. I hope this one doesn't disappoint (Dirt, Damages, Riches...).
Wow you didn't like Damages or The Riches? If you don't mind my asking, why is that? Dirt I agree with you on. But I feel the other two are high caliber on FX.
Old 07-30-08, 11:05 AM

Blasphemy! Damages is godly.
Old 07-30-08, 11:36 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by Geofferson
I'm sure FX will remind everyone over and over and over and over and over again during The Shield premiere the night before
Old 07-30-08, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
sounds cool
Old 07-30-08, 01:47 PM

Premieres Sept. 3 the night right after the Shield has its final season. I'm hoping that this show takes over The Shield as FX's primary gritty violent drama. The website has lots of cool videos on there, including a good behind the scenes vid preview from the blog: http://fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/soa/

Nice find on the creator's blog, I thought it was cool that the inspiration for Jay Karnes' role on Sons of Anarchy was from Dutch, his character on the Shield. He was always one of my favorite detectives on the Shield and I'm glad to see him back. Hopefully more Shield cameos will be made now that the Shield is in its final season.
Old 08-06-08, 03:40 AM

Finally a biker tv show I cant wait... SOA is gonna be a blast!
Old 08-07-08, 01:28 PM

I know it took them awhile, but at least it looks like they're doing it right. If you watch the behind the scenes clip, they actually did some research into everything from the tats, jackets, and the custom made bikes.

Hahaha, guess who I found out is gonna be in it... Katey Segal. Okay, the name didn't register in my head at first but I was more familiar with her other roles =

Hubba hubba
Old 08-07-08, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Yeah, shes been on TV in one form or another for over 2 decades now (Mary ('86), Married with Children ('87 - '97), a couple Made 4 TV movies in '98, Futurama from '99 - '03, 8 Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter from '02 - '05, Boston Legal in '06, Futurama movies in '07 and '08, Sons of Anarchy now). Always been a fan of hers.
Old 08-08-08, 03:56 PM

You know now that I think about it shes done a pretty good job in her roles. Her voice acting in Leela was perfect, really was a part in making Futurama such a great show. And good ol' Peggy Bundy fit her well, it would be hard to find a better Peggy.

Besides her I guess the next biggest name is Ron Perlman. He hasn't done any TV shows yet right? I just know him from Hellboy, which was another good fit. Hes playing the main guys father and considering the premise, I'm sure hes not playing no girly guy either. This show has got a good cast and most likely gonna rock.
Old 08-08-08, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts
I think one of the actors in the movie was in Green Street Hooligans.
Old 08-09-08, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
I think one of the actors in the movie was in Green Street Hooligans.
He was also in Undeclared.
Old 08-09-08, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by harrydoyle
....show. And good ol' Peggy Bundy fit her well, it would be hard to find a better Peggy.

Besides her I guess the next biggest name is Ron Perlman. He hasn't done any TV shows yet right? I just know him from Hellboy, which was another good fit. Hes playing the main guys father and considering the premise, I'm sure hes not playing no girly guy either. This show has got a good cast and most likely gonna rock.

Ron Perlman has been around a long time and has done tons of TV, Theater and movies. He was best known for his starring role as Vincent (the Beast) in the the series " Beauty and the Beast " which ran from 1987-1990. Check out his resume on imdb.com. Hellboy is just one of the many excellent self deprecating performances he has given.
Old 08-10-08, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Three
Ron Perlman has been around a long time and has done tons of TV, Theater and movies. He was best known for his starring role as Vincent (the Beast) in the the series " Beauty and the Beast " which ran from 1987-1990. Check out his resume on imdb.com. Hellboy is just one of the many excellent self deprecating performances he has given.
Welcome to DVDTalk, Ron Perlman's agent!
Old 08-11-08, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by flashburn
Welcome to DVDTalk, Ron Perlman's agent!
Thanks, and now if I can just get that 10%...
Old 08-12-08, 01:42 PM

I took your advice and checked out his IMDb page and you were right, hes in a lot of roles but most of them small. I had an "oh yeah!" moment when I saw that he was in Blade. I've never seen Beauty and The Beast though... got a Golden Globe for it so I guess it was good. He should be a good asset for the show and hopefully he can win another award.

Anyone familiar with Charlie Hunnam? Hes the main character on the show and Perlman's character's stepson.