Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

CH orders processing FOREVER

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 07-21-08, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made an order on the 3rd of July, another on the 5th, then an order with the funcash I received a few days later. The first two orders have been processing since, and a duplicate order for the funcash (at full price!!) has been made somehow and shipped.

I've tried E-mailing (they either don't write back, write back but don't solve the problem, or blame the new website) and calling, I even spoke to a supervisor (in America), been assured it would be fixed, and the orders are still processing.

Has anyone else had this problem, or have any advice on how to deal with it? At this point I just want to fullfull the account and be done, but it wont let me because eveything just processes forever!
Old 07-21-08, 09:18 PM

I placed an order for 1 DVD(TV set) on July 5 from the CH.com website and didn't receive it until July 16. Now, looking back, the wait for delivery wasn't all that crazy I guess, but it just seems like I would usually receive my shipments in no more than 5 or 6 days. So, I did email them after waiting a week and they replied they processed my order on July 6 and "Most shipments are delivered promptly, but orders shipped via standard delivery may take up to four weeks from the ship date to arrive. If you have not received your order within the appropriate time, please let us know."
Old 07-22-08, 12:22 PM
Hex

My order from 7/5 still lists as processing as well. Even stranger, sometimes when I look at the order details, it lists some of the titles (not always the same ones) as "no longer available" even though I can easily find them on the site. I wrote in, and was told that they couldn't find my order at all. So I sent them a copy of the confirmation and a screen shot of the order in my order history page. No response yet. Pretty messed up, all things considered, but I'm hopeful that it's just a website snag and that the order will go through at some point (b1g1 with the over $75 free shipping, so fingers crossed).
Old 07-22-08, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
An order can be listed as "processing" even after it has been shipped. Don't rely on the account information on the website as being up-to-date.
Old 07-22-08, 02:28 PM

Aren't they supposed to email you a notice that the item has been shipped, though? Even though your account info about the order can say "processing," I remember getting emails indicating that the items have shipped. Is this anyone else's experience?

I, too, have an order I placed weeks ago (July 3 for 6 DVDs) that still shows as "processing." I've emailed CH 3 times about it, but I never get a straight answer. Very frustrating (in the 8 years I've had memberships, it has honestly never taken this long).
Old 07-22-08, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^Many of us here have had the experience of receiving our DVDs before getting a shipping e-mail. Some of us have orders listed as "processing" on DVDs that we got months earlier.

Columbia House is not a retail store with good real-time data in the account history. They just don't run their operation that way. It is one of the quirks we have to put up with to get cheap DVDs.
Old 07-22-08, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by lizard
^Many of us here have had the experience of receiving our DVDs before getting a shipping e-mail. Some of us have orders listed as "processing" on DVDs that we got months earlier.

Columbia House is not a retail store with good real-time data in the account history. They just don't run their operation that way. It is one of the quirks we have to put up with to get cheap DVDs.
For an example:

I place my last completed order with CH four or so weeks ago. They immediately shipped everything except one item, which was backordered. A week or so after receiving my order, they shipped the backordered item, and I received that a few days later. This was about two weeks ago.

Then just yesterday, I get two separate emails from CH apologizing that the item that was backordered was still processing and would be shipped to me as soon as it was back in stock, or otherwise canceled if they never re-stocked it.

All I can figure is that CH's CS division must reside in another dimension of time and space from the rest of their operation. It is simply a mystery to me how they can be that far off in their awareness of what the status of anyone's account is at any given moment.
Old 07-23-08, 01:26 PM

What annoys me is the set I bought for 40% off is still listed as 'processing,' and when I log on, it says I have a message waiting. The message? I have a balance due (I selected 'Bill me' when I ordered) and would I please make a payment. No, I'll make a payment when I receive my goods. I hope you guys are right about items shipping in spite of the 'processing' status not changing. Am I wrong, or does CH work on a JIT process, not really stocking anything, but ordering from publishers as orders come into them? Seems like it.
Old 07-23-08, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Hex
My order from 7/5 still lists as processing as well. Even stranger, sometimes when I look at the order details, it lists some of the titles (not always the same ones) as "no longer available" even though I can easily find them on the site. I wrote in, and was told that they couldn't find my order at all. So I sent them a copy of the confirmation and a screen shot of the order in my order history page. No response yet. Pretty messed up, all things considered, but I'm hopeful that it's just a website snag and that the order will go through at some point (b1g1 with the over $75 free shipping, so fingers crossed).
Mine is doing the same thing with the "No longer avalible," and I was told they couldn'd find my order. I've had accounts with columbia house for years and I've never had this happen.
Old 07-23-08, 07:13 PM

I just ordered the title Narc, and in the order details in my order history, the title is described as "No longer available". Another title in the same order shows up fine. I'm wondering if they really don't carry the Narc title anymore, even though it's easily found on their site?
Old 07-24-08, 12:20 PM

I finally got in touch with someone helpful, they refunded the funcash selections I was charged full price for and cleared out my orders and told me to re-order them. Apparently there were website issues at the start of the month.