DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

25% OFF all CDs/DVDs @ secondspin.com

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-08, 06:16 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
25% OFF all CDs/DVDs @ secondspin.com

This week only, get 25% off all CDs and DVDs! Just use the promo code "25JUN7" at checkout. But hurry...this sale ends July 3rd!
Old 06-27-08, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish it had free shipping with this sale.
Old 06-27-08, 12:52 AM

this pisses me off, the few items I was watching just went up like $10.
Old 06-27-08, 04:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts
I had a $30 credit with them that I felt the need to get rid of. Most of the really inexpensive stuff on my list had been sold, so I picked up a few of the higher priced items I couldn't find cheaper elsewhere (Robocop Steelbook, Black Christmas SE). Even with shipping, this worked out to just a few cents more than the '20% Off + Free Shipping' code.

I hope everything is in good shape - 3 of the DVDs I bought from the last sale were unplayable. At least their customer service were helpful - but once this order arrvies I'll probably take a break from them.
Old 06-27-08, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 447 Likes on 253 Posts
Got an e-mail for this...have a few items I want that I will now pick up...and it will only be 1 or 2 dollars more than the 20% with free shipping coupon.
Old 06-29-08, 08:32 AM

Add this to the brown bag 20% extra credit at FYE and you can get pretty decent purchases since they're all Trans World. I got $70 on a card at FYE and used it at secondspin to get Brotherhood of The Wolf (3 disk) and Pistol Opera with over $30 left over on the card. I think the FYE brown Bag sale is going through the middle of July.
Old 07-03-08, 12:27 AM

I missed out on the heynow code a couple weeks back, glad I did now. I ordered 28 items (mostly boxsets) tonight for $638 pre-discount. My discount was almost $32 greater with this than it would have been with the usual 20% off. Subtract the $16.50 shipping, add in a couple bucks saved on tax, and I came out roughly $17 ahead.
Old 07-03-08, 07:04 AM

Started on this last night (still needs some work), but I came up with a little greasemonkey script for secondspin:
http://www.timtucker.com/projects/gr...ndspin.user.js

Basic idea is that it lets you "Ignore" items so that they no longer show up in search results (making it easier to sort through long listings of items).

Also switches so that when browsing with "Show Artwork" enabled it shows the size images rather than thumbnails. (in case anyone didn't know, changing the search url from "/stores/ss/movies/browse.jsp" to "/movies/browse.jsp" results in the listing style that spun.com uses, which gives you the option to show images)

Hope anyone else finds this useful.