Reload this Page >

Xbox arcade release dates

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 06-25-08, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not sure a good source for looking up the release dates for the games on the Live Arcade. I have been waiting patiently for Bionic Commando Rearmed, and Street Fighter HD, but cannot find a solid release date anywhere. I know BC :REARMED was supposed to be out last month but was a no show. I heard it was done now. Since live.xbox.com is useless for seeing what is coming soon, can someone let me know where a good place to check is?
Old 06-25-08, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
There is no running list, but our own XBLA Thread Part II has the dates as soon as they come available.
Old 06-25-08, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

M$ rarely, if ever, announces the titles before the Monday of their release (so 2 days ahead of release). I can think of a couple of exceptions, most of the time the publishers posted the date ahead of time on their own site, etc.

I think the reasoning behind this is so that people don't hold off purchasing waiting for the next week's game.
Old 06-25-08, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
His Highness Wow is correct. The release dates are closely guarded secrets, for some reason. I don't know if it has to do with the certification process, spreading out genres, not competing with major retail releases (GTA4), not wanting to dissuade us from spending money today that we wouldn't spend if we knew that "Game X" was coming out in 10 days, or some combination of the above.

I check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...oming_releases because if there's some hint out there (like from a developer), someone is going to capture that and update the wiki. I know it isn't much, but I knew today's Happy Tree Friends was due 6/25 for a few weeks now due to that wiki page.
Old 06-25-08, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah - I'd love to see a release date for Lode Runner, but all I've seen is probably sometime in 2008.