Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

SLIPKNOT: All Hope Is Gone -8/26/08

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 06-22-08, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 211 Likes on 184 Posts

Slipknot Names New Album, Preps For Tour

Slipknot's fourth album has been christened "All Hope Is Gone" and will arrive Aug. 26 via Roadrunner. A first single and track list have yet to be announced.

"We have made an album that will show the road behind, the road ahead, and where we are as men," group member Corey Taylor says in a statement. "I think it's the best thing I've ever made. And I challenge anyone to prove me wrong."

Taylor previously described the new album to Billboard as a "very dark" cross between "Vol. 3" and 2001's "Iowa." "It has so much power in it and yet there are so many great spots for melody," he said. "It's a controlled chaos that hits you right out of the gate."

Lyrically, "Instead of bitching about what went wrong in my life, I'm bitching about what's wrong in life, period," Taylor said, noting that his vocals are much more melodic than before. "I got to the point where I was tired of pretending that I couldn't sing every time I made a Slipknot album, so this time I'm going all out."

Slipknot will co-headline this summer's 30-date Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem tour, which begins July 9 at the White River Amphitheatre in Auburn, Wash.

BILLBOARD.com
Old 06-22-08, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was never much into them until i picked up Vol 3 well after its release and i love the record.Looking forward to this new one.
Old 06-22-08, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 108 Likes on 67 Posts
I know things have changed in Coreys life and its reflected in his music, but man i wish they would bring back some of that anger from the self titled cd. That cd sounds like nothing else ive heard and i loved it. I will buy this cd(i do sorta dig the first single, sorta thrashish) and i would love to see them for a third time if i get a chance, but i miss the days of passing around that cd and people just freaking over it.
Old 06-24-08, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I loved Volume 3, thought it was their best and I saw them 3 times on that tour. And the new song is awesome and a step in the right direction.

The first 2 records have their moments, but I have a feeling this one upcoming and Vol.3 are going to define their career.
Old 06-24-08, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm suprised they are still together. That many members and each one agrees to come back. Most groups with 4 members dont last as long as they have.
Old 06-24-08, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Man it's great to have the 'knot back. I find Iowa a bit uneven but nonetheless, I can't wait.

I've read an article in Revolver and this album sounds amazing. I have yet to hear the single BTW, but a must purchase.
Old 06-25-08, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i found it amusing that on blabbermouth, people seemed surprised that there is apparently a solo at the end of the song sample for the new album, when there are a few on volume 3 (even dueling solos on 'pulse of the maggots')
Old 06-25-08, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've always liked Stone Sour better than Slipknot, but I still might check this out.
Old 06-25-08, 02:34 AM

Cool - so Slipknot are going to turn into System Of A Down? I'm in.
Old 06-25-08, 08:56 AM

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Originally Posted by Rypro 525
i found it amusing that on blabbermouth, people seemed surprised that there is apparently a solo at the end of the song sample for the new album, when there are a few on volume 3 (even dueling solos on 'pulse of the maggots')
That's because the idiots on Blabbermouth are elitist and live by the rule, "if it isn't black metal it is worth listening to....SLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

And the irony in that statement is this, Slayer isn't black metal. And Slayer has made the same album since the beginning on their career to now. But a band like Slipknot (and many others) actually EVOLVE their sound and they are sell outs. Ah the brain of a Blabbermouth poster.

For the record I do post there under the name Dildo Daggins.
Old 06-26-08, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 219 Likes on 175 Posts
I didn't care for what I heard of Vol. 3, but the new album sounds pretty good so far. I'd certainly see them live again, though.
Old 06-27-08, 12:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Self-titled and Iowa were the only decent things in their career. Will not be picking this up.
Old 06-29-08, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 211 Likes on 184 Posts
Can't wait!!!... too bad I won't be seeing them this summer ... hope they do their own tour next year.
Old 06-29-08, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Mayhem fest is gonna rule. Sure i gotta suffer through disturbed (first album is the only true great one they made, newest one is truely bland imo), Dragonforce could be interesting, and i'm a big Mastodon fan, and i'm probably going to be there hours before the gates open since i'm a fan of alot of the second stage bands.
Old 06-30-08, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'll wait to see them again until they do their own tour. I'm done with festival shows. They suck.

So far I like what I'm hearing. It sounds intense, fast, brutal AND it has solos (finally). I hope the rest of the album is as good as the 2 songs heard so far.
Old 06-30-08, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
I'll wait to see them again until they do their own tour. I'm done with festival shows. They suck.

So far I like what I'm hearing. It sounds intense, fast, brutal AND it has solos (finally). I hope the rest of the album is as good as the 2 songs heard so far.
There are a few solos on the Vol 3 album. None of the singles though.
Old 07-01-08, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Really digging the new one psychosocial. Im pumped about the album. The new mask are sick looking, really wish i could go to the festival. Hopefully they tour on their own later on.
Old 07-02-08, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
There are a few solos on the Vol 3 album. None of the singles though.
Yea, but those solos weren't exactly well-written. These sound like they spent a little more time working them out. I wasn't a big Vol. 3 fan, but it does have some good tracks.
Old 07-09-08, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The final artwork for the new SLIPKNOT album, "All Hope Is Gone", can be viewed below.

Apple's iTunes music store is currently accepting pre-orders for "All Hope Is Gone" featuring four bonus tracks, including one that will be made available exclusively to those customers who pre-order the CD.

The track listing for "All Hope Is Gone":

01. .execute.
02. Gematria (The Killing Name)
03. Sulfur
04. Psychosocial
05. Dead Memories
06. Vendetta
07. Butcher's Hook
08. Gehenna
09. The Cold Black
10. Wherein Lies Continue
11. Snuff
12. All Hope is Gone

Special Edition Tracks:

13. Child of Burning Time (Bonus Track)
14. Vermillion Pt. 2 (Bloodstone Mix) (Bonus Track)
15. Til We Die (Bonus Track)
16. iTunes Exclusive Track [Pre-Order Only]

cover art
Old 07-09-08, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fuck itunes exclusive tracks. I like to go to a B&M and pick up a physical copy of the album. Why am I not rewarded for that? Instead some 13 year old, with no concept of owning physical media, downloads it and gets extra goodies. Fuck that.
Old 07-09-08, 07:49 PM

I was thinking the same thing... I like going on release day picking it up and popping it in on the ride home.

I picked up my tickets for rockstar mayhem.. july 16th, i wonder how many new tracks they are going to play.. can't wait got pit tickets.
Old 07-09-08, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
Fuck itunes exclusive tracks. I like to go to a B&M and pick up a physical copy of the album. Why am I not rewarded for that? Instead some 13 year old, with no concept of owning physical media, downloads it and gets extra goodies. Fuck that.
I used to feel the same way, but I gave in. The internet is taking over and it's time something's changed in music anyway. Heck, I don't even own a CD player anymore.
Old 07-09-08, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by sergtv
I was thinking the same thing... I like going on release day picking it up and popping it in on the ride home.

I picked up my tickets for rockstar mayhem.. july 16th, i wonder how many new tracks they are going to play.. can't wait got pit tickets.
They only get about an hour to play, so maybe 2 or 3 new songs. Looking at the way the set times are set up, its all fucked up. They have doors opening at 2pm, and the final band on the second stage ends at around half way through Dragonforces set.
Old 07-17-08, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I read somewhere that Slipknot doesn't plan to do a solo tour till 09. Solo being non festival that is. Also really like "All Hope Is Gone" Not the worlds biggest fan of "Psychosocial" yet, but it'll prob grow on me.

Last edited by Rypro 525; 07-17-08 at 05:25 AM.
Old 07-17-08, 06:22 AM
Cool New Member

I actually really liked thier first album
Slipknot but not so keen on their other albums - i can see how they are inventive musicians but just not for me!

Last edited by otto24; 08-18-08 at 07:58 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.