DVD Talk
President Bush decides to be the better man. [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : President Bush decides to be the better man.

Superboy
06-11-08, 03:31 PM
Bush apologizes for actions (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article4107327.ece)

It's nice to see a statement like this in such cynical times.

kvrdave
06-11-08, 03:55 PM
Such cynical times will make a statement like this pointless to most. :lol: Watch.

dick_grayson
06-11-08, 04:01 PM
well, he is the "Decider"

Nausicaa
06-11-08, 04:02 PM
Where does he apologize for his actions? He said that, in retrospect, he would have chosen different rehtoric, and all he regrets is that people have the "wrong" impression of him and our country.

kvrdave
06-11-08, 05:29 PM
:lol:

Bacon
06-11-08, 06:13 PM
If he really chose to be the better man he'd resign

eXcentris
06-11-08, 06:14 PM
He said that, in retrospect, he would have chosen different rhetoric

"There are no WMD's! Saddam is awesome! Who cares about Al Qaeda! Hmmm wait... renaming "My Pet Goat" to "My Pet Camel" is unacceptable! Let's invade!"

cungar
06-11-08, 08:25 PM
I'm so touched.

He followed that up by announcing today that he won't rule out a military strike on Iran in the final months of his term.

Anyone who takes this man seriously is delusional.

DVD Polizei
06-11-08, 08:40 PM
The Bush Administration certainly had/has a delusional bunch, didn't they. And now they amazingly have been enlightened and are writing books about their imprisonment.

Dave7393
06-11-08, 09:02 PM
How could he "apologize" if he's on record as stating that he couldn't even recall making a mistake? I think this following statement sums things up pretty well, in Bush's own (well-spoken, ofcourse) words:

Everyone remember this classic Bush moment? (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/04/20040413-20.html)

Q Thank you, Mr. President. In the last campaign, you were asked a question about the biggest mistake you'd made in your life, and you used to like to joke that it was trading Sammy Sosa. You've looked back before 9/11 for what mistakes might have been made. After 9/11, what would your biggest mistake be, would you say, and what lessons have you learned from it?

THE PRESIDENT: I wish you would have given me this written question ahead of time, so I could plan for it. (Laughter.) John, I'm sure historians will look back and say, gosh, he could have done it better this way, or that way. You know, I just -- I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with an answer, but it hadn't yet....

[Rambling bullshit edited out. Check the link]

I hope I -- I don't want to sound like I've made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't -- you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one.

So the President of the United States couldn't come up with anything less pathetic than this-- the question every 22 year old college grad knows the answer to, the, "What could you impove about yourself," or, "What mistakes have you made, and what have you learned from them," standard interview question.

Even though he was "confident" he had made mistakes, he couldn't think of one. I think that his statement sums up the arrogance of this administration.

macnorton
06-11-08, 09:06 PM
If he really chose to be the better man he'd resign

What a perfect comment.

CRM114
06-11-08, 09:17 PM
Don't let the door hit ya...

http://www.cagle.com/news/BushLameDuck/images/petar.gif

CKMorpheus
06-11-08, 09:55 PM
November can't come soon enough.

cungar
06-11-08, 10:01 PM
November can't come soon enough.

Unfortunately the fumigation doesn't begin until the end of January.

cpgator
06-11-08, 10:56 PM
The libs have really come out tonight! :lol:

cungar
06-12-08, 08:37 AM
The libs have really come out tonight! :lol:

Libs aren't the only people commenting on Bush's asinine statement. Check the right wing blogs.

Nausicaa
06-12-08, 10:26 AM
:lol:

That's right, I walked right into it.

Just sayin', that's no apology. Especially when, on the same day:

U.S. President Bush claimed Wednesday that he had no regrets about the decision to invade Iraq and topple Saddam Hussein in 2003

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/11/bush.europe/index.html?iref=newssearch

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0