Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Free Ticket to see Indy 4 - Kmart Ad

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-08, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free Ticket to see Indy 4 - Kmart Ad

Check your K-mart ads. If you buy 4 2-liters of Dr. Pepper you can get a free ticket (up to $7) to see Indy 4. Limit 4 tickets per person.

We got 3 of them today.
Old 05-11-08, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Star Wars Guy
Check your K-mart ads. If you buy 4 2-liters of Dr. Pepper you can get a free ticket (up to $7) to see Indy 4. Limit 4 tickets per person.

We got 3 of them today.
I'm getting 4 tickets tomorrow. I love diet Dr. Pepper & it doesn't go bad. I won't have to buy any for a couple months & 4 tickets will come in handy.
Old 05-11-08, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Where can they be used? The best theatre in my area is AMC, and I know those Hollywood coupons don't work there......
Old 05-11-08, 04:37 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
I love diet Dr. Pepper & it doesn't go bad
what do you mean by "go bad"?
Old 05-11-08, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
I mean that it's not like it is a perishable item (one that "goes bad") so stocking up on them & just putting them away in the pantry until you eventually use them (since I buy diet Dr. Pepper anyway) makes sense to do now when I can get 4 free tickets. I just won't have to buy soda for 2-3 months.
Old 05-11-08, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
It steals his wallet and car keys, that's some bad soda.
Old 05-11-08, 05:01 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
I mean that it's not like it is a perishable item (one that "goes bad") so stocking up on them & just putting them away in the pantry until you eventually use them (since I buy diet Dr. Pepper anyway) makes sense to do now when I can get 4 free tickets. I just won't have to buy soda for 2-3 months.
ok. i was wondering if soda could go flat if it sits for too long. i buy some flavored waters that though the expiry date is in the future, sometimes when i open them up they have no fizz.
Old 05-11-08, 05:20 PM

I don't know any theater in Los Angeles where you can see a movie for $7, even at the matinee prices - so if K-Mart actually says "free", they are being pretty presumptuous and basically lying. They should just say "up to $7 off".

K-Mart is such a depressing store. The few times I have had to go in there, I feel like I'm in some third-world country.

I do like Dr. Pepper, though!
Old 05-11-08, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by man*machine
I don't know any theater in Los Angeles where you can see a movie for $7, even at the matinee prices - so if K-Mart actually says "free", they are being pretty presumptuous and basically lying. They should just say "up to $7 off".

K-Mart is such a depressing store. The few times I have had to go in there, I feel like I'm in some third-world country.

I do like Dr. Pepper, though!
AMC Theater tickets cost $6 if you go before noon.
Old 05-11-08, 05:34 PM

I stopped in my local K-Mart and purchased the 12 bottles of Dr. Pepper. Murphy's Law would have it that the employees didn't know anything about the tickets. Apparently, in small text at the bottom of the page it says something to the effect that a receipt will print out with a code where you can go online to print out the tickets. But nothing printed out from the register. I pointed this out to them with no luck.

They did take down my name and number, saying they were going to put in a "help ticket" to figure out how to get me the tickets.

Can anyone else comment on their experience? Did you get a physical ticket or a printout for online redemption?

On an unrelated note, after several years of being a frequent visitor to this site, my lazy butt finally registered as a user. Hopefully I can pay it forward and help others in this forum score a deal much as they have done for me. Hopefully me raising this issue will be my first small step towards that goal.
Old 05-11-08, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For each 4 bottles a separate coupon with a code on it is supposed to pop out. I saw an example of one on another site. Then you put the code in (up to 4) & print out the tickets. If they didn't give you the tickets with the receipt I would've refused to buy the soda.
Old 05-11-08, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts
I'll be checking on this tomorrow - thanks, OP!
Old 05-11-08, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by ben12
AMC Theater tickets cost $6 if you go before noon.
I was unaware of that. It does appear AMC now offers a $6 admission before noon on friday-sunday. I never knew. Thanks for the info!

Unfortunately, I rarely wake up before noon so that isn't really an option for me personally. At least K-Mart isn't technically lying anymore. I really dislike AMC theaters, though, as they run countless tv-commercials and endless trailers before the film. But I guess if it's "free" (all those advertisers are paying for your ticket, by the way), we can agree to sit through those loud and annoying 20+ commercials pounding into our head. I would never pay to go to an AMC theater considering I'd then be paying them to watch Coca-Cola and car commercials. No thanks.

In any event, I still do really like Dr. Pepper. It's got a lot of fizz and tastes really good. I like the burn.

Last edited by man*machine; 05-11-08 at 07:34 PM.
Old 05-11-08, 07:56 PM

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Originally Posted by HDMovieGuy
On an unrelated note, after several years of being a frequent visitor to this site, my lazy butt finally registered as a user. Hopefully I can pay it forward and help others in this forum score a deal much as they have done for me. Hopefully me raising this issue will be my first small step towards that goal.
Welcome, HDMovieGuy!
Old 05-11-08, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We don't have AMC theaters in Northern California.

That $7 is nothing. Bah. Fucking K Mart.
Old 05-11-08, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by HDMovieGuy
I stopped in my local K-Mart and purchased the 12 bottles of Dr. Pepper. Murphy's Law would have it that the employees didn't know anything about the tickets. Apparently, in small text at the bottom of the page it says something to the effect that a receipt will print out with a code where you can go online to print out the tickets. But nothing printed out from the register. I pointed this out to them with no luck.

They did take down my name and number, saying they were going to put in a "help ticket" to figure out how to get me the tickets.

Can anyone else comment on their experience? Did you get a physical ticket or a printout for online redemption?

Yes, HDMovieGuy, it's about time you did get off your lazy butt and post! (I can say that since I know HDMovieGuy.) ;-)

Anyway, my experience mirrored yours. The manager at my local K-Mart at least knew about the deal but didn't know why the coupons didn't print out. The best she could do was give me a form to mail in (basically, a rebate form). I have to pay postage and wait "2-3 weeks" for receipt of my tickets. Since I will be seeing the movie on release day in just 11 days, that makes this deal worthless for me as well. I'll be going back later this week to see if I can find another manager to argue with.
Old 05-11-08, 09:35 PM

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Originally Posted by mcfly
We don't have AMC theaters in Northern California.

That $7 is nothing. Bah. Fucking K Mart.
Yes, how dare they tantalize you with a YMMV bargain.
Old 05-11-08, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There is a big display in the Van Nuys/North Hollywood store, but the price is $1.59 a bottle... I never pay more than 99 cents for a 2 liter bottle of soda, so I passed.
Old 05-11-08, 10:23 PM

Has anyone been able to get to the Activate step on kmart.com's site? I enter my code, enter my personal info, but there's no next button to get to the Activate step. If I press the enter key, it just gives me a pop-up that says I must agree to the Terms and Conditions, but there is no field to indicate this. I sent an email off to Kmart's customer service, so hopefully they can fix this.
Old 05-11-08, 10:50 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
K-Mart? Are they still around. They closed two of them by me almost a year ago and the other one is falling apart. You couldn't pay me to walk into that filthy store.
Old 05-11-08, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dogmatica
Yes, how dare they tantalize you with a YMMV bargain.
I don't care. I hate K-Mart anyway. This is just more reason to not shop there.
Old 05-11-08, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Both of our K-Marts closed some time ago. I never thought that would be a reason to be unhappy.
Old 05-11-08, 11:39 PM

I already bought my tickets (for the midnight showing). Do you think the theater would give me a refund (or partial refund in this case)?
Old 05-12-08, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by hasslein
There is a big display in the Van Nuys/North Hollywood store, but the price is $1.59 a bottle... I never pay more than 99 cents for a 2 liter bottle of soda, so I passed.
Yeah, I try not to pay more than a dollar for a 2-liter, but considering I would pay $6.36 for the Dr. Pepper, then get $7 off a movie I was going to see anyway, it's like getting free Dr. Pepper. Though we have one theater that only charges $4 for a matinee, and even another theater only charges $6, and they have a digital screen, so I'm not sure how good of a deal it is for me. Though, if Indy 4 is playing on the digital screen, that would entice me to spend the extra money to go and get the soda for 36 cents.
Old 05-12-08, 07:58 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
You all know that we have a thread devoted to these deals, right? We have about 20 different free movie ticket promotions currently active.

movie ticket thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.