Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Noitu Love 2: Hot Old-School 2D Action Game of Devil May Cry + Gunstar Heroes + Sex

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Noitu Love 2: Hot Old-School 2D Action Game of Devil May Cry + Gunstar Heroes + Sex

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-08, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just downloaded the demo of this indie PC game.

It was the fastest I've ever spent $20 in my life.

THE HOMEPAGE:
http://www.konjak.org/g_noitu2.html

THE DEMO YOU WILL DOWNLOAD NOW:
http://www.2shared.com/file/3188373/...5/nl2demo.html

SOME PICTURES OF PIXELS > POLYGONS:

It's an insane, fast-paced, combo driven action game that plays with the mouse and keyboard.

I'm going to post the trailer, but DO NOT WATCH IT unless the PixyJunket Double Uranium Seal of Best $20 You'll Spend in 2008 hasn't piqued your curiosity. Just download the 10MB demo, unzip it and play it. At worst, you'll waste five minutes, surely a trivial amount of time for anybody on DVDTalk. At best, you'll want to start writing letters to game publishers to demand this man gets a license for a DS or Wii Ware release.

The entire game, graphics and music included, was made by one man.

And now, the trailer, of which lasts the amount of time it takes to just download and start the game which you should be doing instead of clicking on this link and really doesn't do a lick of good in describing the pure, unadulterated candy love of extreme joy actually playing the game gives off but here it goes anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysO4YfKM1E0
Old 05-07-08, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

OH SNAP, this is important:

If you have an LCD monitor, use Fullscreen 2 in the config. This will use your monitor's native resolution to give a crispy, sharp image as opposed to switching to 640x480 mode and making the awesome 2D graphics look like a nasty, blurry XBLA game.
Old 05-07-08, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Onion AV Club gave this game a very positive review a couple of weeks ago:
http://www.avclub.com/content/games/...e_2_devolution
Old 05-07-08, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It looked good on the 1UP Show, might give it a shot this weekend if I beat GTA before then.
Old 05-08-08, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, I saw this on the 1up show myself, but for some reason I assumed it was a DS game.
Old 05-08-08, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Where's the sex?
Old 05-08-08, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Whoa, it's actually getting mainstream press? Impressive.

Stage 4 is epic, by the way.

This guy really needs to secure a publisher for a Wii Ware release!
Old 05-08-08, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Whoa, it's actually getting mainstream press? Impressive.
HA! You're not as cool and as underground as you think!
Old 05-08-08, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
HA! You're not as cool and as underground as you think!
Please, I knew of Noitu Love 2 from playing Noitu Love and Chalk last year (everybody should check Chalk out on the guy's site, it's free!) and taking in the RSS feed from Indie Gamer Blog, I didn't need it to be hidden in a video about yet another military FPS.

Spoiler:
Orange Box, Bioshock and Assassin's Creed invalidate any underground cred you think I think I have.
Old 05-08-08, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Please, I knew of Noitu Love 2 from playing Noitu Love and Chalk last year (everybody should check Chalk out on the guy's site, it's free!) and taking in the RSS feed from Indie Gamer Blog, I didn't need it to be hidden in a video about yet another military FPS.

Spoiler:
Orange Box, Bioshock and Assassin's Creed invalidate any underground cred you think I think I have.
See, I never thought that you had any underground cred anyway.
Old 05-09-08, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I beat this last night, this game has insanely awesome bosses!

I will be replaying many times this with the [unlockables] and at the harder difficulties.

Also, according to the end sequence, I may have missed some secrets.
Old 05-09-08, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
OH SNAP, this is important:

If you have an LCD monitor, use Fullscreen 2 in the config. This will use your monitor's native resolution to give a crispy, sharp image as opposed to switching to 640x480 mode and making the awesome 2D graphics look like a nasty, blurry XBLA game.
hmm...

I have an LCD monitor and I tried all the different setting in the config, and all I could see was a pixely mess of a game - just looked like absolute shit (nothing at all like those screen-shot or the youtube video).

Oh well - it seemed fun, and I think it'd be way more fun on something like the Wii, anyways, so I'll just wait for it's inevitable release there.
Old 05-09-08, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
About how long is it? In the review I watched it said the game was pretty short, but that you can unlock other characters (who play differently than the main dude) and that its got a high replay value.
Old 05-09-08, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by boredsilly
About how long is it? In the review I watched it said the game was pretty short, but that you can unlock other characters (who play differently than the main dude) and that its got a high replay value.
Yup, that's correct. I'd say the length would be about the same as a similar styled action game from the SNES/Genesis era. There's extra characters, hidden bosses, multiple difficulties and of course, it stores your scores and rankings in case you want to do score attack.
Old 05-09-08, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by slop101
hmm...

I have an LCD monitor and I tried all the different setting in the config, and all I could see was a pixely mess of a game - just looked like absolute shit (nothing at all like those screen-shot or the youtube video).

Oh well - it seemed fun, and I think it'd be way more fun on something like the Wii, anyways, so I'll just wait for it's inevitable release there.
Yeah same here. Changed it to Fullscreen 2 and it looks pretty bad on my LCD. Using the 2x mode looked better, albeit in a tiny window.

Not a fan of the controls either. I think it would be more fun with just the keyboard.
Old 05-09-08, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hmm.. now that I think about it I might be a rare special case as I've got a 4:3 1600x1200 LCD and the game scales perfectly as if it was running a SNES through S-Video or RGB through a quality CRT. I didn't think about most LCDs being 5:4 or 16:10 which would cause horribly uneven scaling. In that case it's probably better to roll with a windowed mode (unless you like the blurry vision).

I think the mouse controls are perfect, in my opinion.. you probably couldn't replicate the ability to jump from enemy to enemy any other way (or any other way in such an awesome way). I tend to just use the double-tap for the dash attacks and didn't really come across a need to use the shield (right click) in Normal mode.
Old 05-09-08, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
I think optimized Wii controls would be even better, with the Wii-mote as the target, and using the nunchuk to control movement, with the A, B or Z buttons for attack/jump, it'd be a natural fit.
Old 05-09-08, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
I'm going to post the trailer, but DO NOT WATCH IT unless the PixyJunket Double Uranium Seal of Best $20 You'll Spend in 2008 hasn't piqued your curiosity.
What if I could find the world ends with you for $20?
Old 02-25-09, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Noitu Love 2: Hot Old-School 2D Action Game of Devil May Cry + Gunstar Heroes + S

Noitu Love 2 is now $10!
Old 04-12-10, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Noitu Love 2: Hot Old-School 2D Action Game of Devil May Cry + Gunstar Heroes + S

At best, you'll want to start writing letters to game publishers to demand this man gets a license for a DS or Wii Ware release.
This guy really needs to secure a publisher for a Wii Ware release!
Originally Posted by slop101
I think optimized Wii controls would be even better, with the Wii-mote as the target, and using the nunchuk to control movement, with the A, B or Z buttons for attack/jump, it'd be a natural fit.
http://golgothstudio.com/devblog/noi...ove-2-wiiware/