DVD Talk
All Politics Is Local - The I'd Pee in Her Butt Edition [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : All Politics Is Local - The I'd Pee in Her Butt Edition

Sean O'Hara
04-25-08, 01:43 PM
I was going through my mail the other day and came across a flier asking me to "Elect Tiffany Lawrence to the House of Delegates (http://www.lawrencefordelegate.com/)." I read through it and came across her list of qualifications:

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:

* Marketing /Public Relations Administrator, Charles Town Races & Slots
* Substitute Teacher, Jefferson County Public Schools
* Miss West Virginia 2006, Miss America Scholarship Organization
* Sales Associate, Family Business

Huh.

http://images.vietnamnet.vn/dataimages/200701/original/images1219871_MissWestVirginia-TiffanyLawrence.jpg

Well she's got my vote. I'm positive she'll be able to convince the big boys in the statehouse to support her <s>positions</s> agenda.

Venusian
04-25-08, 01:47 PM
Is a Delegate from the lower house?

MartinBlank
04-25-08, 01:52 PM
She's a Democrat....is NOW gonna take away her membership card for dabbling in the cockman oppressive world of beauty pageantry?!

MartinBlank
04-25-08, 01:53 PM
http://www.lawrencefordelegate.com/portal/uploads/lawrencefordelegate//tiffany_with_hard_hat.jpg
"I'm blue collar, tee-hee!"

DVD Josh
04-25-08, 01:53 PM
The ironic thing is that Substitute Teacher, Jefferson County Public Schools makes her more qualified to hold public office than GWB was when he ran for governor.

MartinBlank
04-25-08, 02:03 PM
The ironic thing is that Substitute Teacher, Jefferson County Public Schools makes her more qualified to hold public office than GWB was when he ran for governor.

Being a tax termite makes you more qualified to hold public office?

wendersfan
04-25-08, 02:20 PM
What's a "tax termite"?

Tracer Bullet
04-25-08, 02:33 PM
What's a "tax termite"?

Some derogatory right-wing term, I suspect.

jdodd
04-25-08, 02:36 PM
No one on this forum would ever use something like that.

wishbone
04-25-08, 02:37 PM
My guess is that it has to do with the rising cost of schools and its share of local taxes, i.e. property taxes.

wendersfan
04-25-08, 02:42 PM
Well we all know education is a waste of money.

MartinBlank
04-25-08, 02:44 PM
A tax termite is a gov't employee.

wendersfan
04-25-08, 02:45 PM
A tax termite is a gov't employee.
<i>I'm</i> a government employee.

<i>Mod note: We have a rule here about personal attacks. I encourage you to familiarize yourself with it while you still have the chance to do so. Am I clear?</i>

MartinBlank
04-25-08, 02:54 PM
Um...I wasn't attacking anyone on the board. Tax termite, I use it to refer to ALL gov't employees. Anyone work in the public sector and doesn't have to "work" for your job (get re-elected every 2, 4, or 6 years) is a tax termite. One who derives a paycheck from the taxes of others.

I was asking why DVD Josh thought that a someone in the public sector was more qualified than someone from the private sector for holding public office.

Red Dog
04-25-08, 03:01 PM
I was asking why DVD Josh thought that a someone in the public sector was more qualified than someone from the private sector for holding public office.

That would be a valid question if GWB had a respectable private sector background. Owning the Texas Rangers doesn't cut it.

The Bus
04-25-08, 03:14 PM
That would be a valid question if GWB had a respectable private sector background. Owning the Texas Rangers doesn't cut it.

I'm pretty sure he owned other companies before the Rangers.

Tracer Bullet
04-25-08, 03:16 PM
Um...I wasn't attacking anyone on the board. Tax termite, I use it to refer to ALL gov't employees. Anyone work in the public sector and doesn't have to "work" for your job (get re-elected every 2, 4, or 6 years) is a tax termite. One who derives a paycheck from the taxes of others.

I'm sure wendersfan will have something to say to this. I will only say that your view of public service employment is incorrect at best and derogatory at worst.

wendersfan
04-25-08, 03:18 PM
I'm pretty sure he owned other companies before the Rangers.Yes, he did. They all went bankrupt though, IIRC.

Ranger
04-25-08, 04:22 PM
I'm disappointed that two moderators posted in the thread yet failed to fix the dumb thread title.

MartinBlank
04-25-08, 05:24 PM
I'm disappointed that two moderators posted in the thread yet failed to fix the dumb thread title.

I completely agree...All Politics Are Local :thumbsup:

bhk
04-25-08, 05:45 PM

Hey, I've been a proud member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy for over 10 years and I've never heard of that term.

Th0r S1mpson
04-25-08, 06:14 PM
If only the swimsuit competition were a requirement for all female candidates in an American election. Are you listening, Hillary? :drool:

Numanoid
04-25-08, 07:01 PM
Yes, he did. They all went bankrupt though, IIRC.And his losing streak continues.

MartinBlank
04-25-08, 07:05 PM
If only the swimsuit competition were a requirement for all female candidates in an American election. Are you listening, Hillary? :drool:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/MartinBlank9mm/Politics/hillarycankles.jpg
Cankles :drool:

wendersfan
04-25-08, 07:36 PM
I'm disappointed that two moderators posted in the thread yet failed to fix the dumb thread title."Politics" is singular. "Politic" isn't really a word AFAIK.

wewantflair
04-25-08, 08:02 PM
I completely agree...All Politics Are Local :thumbsup:

Politics is always singular. Besides, this is a direct quote.

DVD Polizei
04-25-08, 08:26 PM
Politics are boring most of the time. :D

NCMojo
04-26-08, 02:08 PM
This thread got way off track. I think we can all agree that Ms. Lawrence is a fine candidate for the House of Delegate. A fine, fine candidate.

http://www.misscentralpa.org/teen/07ty0207.jpg

:hump:

Tuan Jim
04-26-08, 05:22 PM
I seem to remember an attractive member of the Libertarian party running for NC state senate (or house) in Durham county back in 2002/2004 or so (can't be bothered to look up any names or pics though).

I think they even had a "Women of the Libertarian Party" cheesecake calendar available for donors.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0