Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

"Full Metal Jacket" (German 2-disc)...anyone have?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-08, 05:38 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

Does anyone have this release in a SteelBook(tm)? I am pretty sure this is the Deluxe Edition right, similar to the R1 in the box set? But, why 2-discs and what exactly is on it? I can't find a review and it isn't in dvdcompare.net.

I am thinking of getting this, but would like to know for sure what it is all about. tia.

Old 04-06-08, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you know, are any of the other Kubrick flicks from the most recent Kubrick Collection available in these SteelBooks? I thought I had seen the collection online, but had no confirmation they were actually SteelBooks, and the writing on them was in Spanish, I believe. Is the whole collection available in English like this? I'd love to own it in SteelBook form, so if you have any idea where to purchase them from, please do let me know. It's more the front cover I'm worried about than the rest.

Edit: According to this, the second disc is "A Life In Pictures" which is the sixth 'film' included in the recent "Stanley Kubrick Collection."

Also, it looks like they're titled "Full Metal Jacket," "Eyes Wide Shut," "Shining," "Uhrwerk Orange," and "2001: Odysee im Weltraum." Not perfectly English, but much better than the Spanish set I saw. I'm definitely interested in the SteelBook set. Any idea where I can get it?

Last edited by Kory; 04-06-08 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-07-08, 04:18 PM

no one has this set?
Old 04-07-08, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Didn't my post answer the question? The picture I posted is not the SteelBook, but it is the new 2-disc German edition of "Full Metal Jacket" all the same. The second disc is "A Life In Pictures," which is an entirely separate release altogether in the United States.

Last edited by Kory; 04-07-08 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-08-08, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Kory
Didn't my post answer the question? The picture I posted is not the SteelBook, but it is the new 2-disc German edition of "Full Metal Jacket" all the same. The second disc is "A Life In Pictures," which is an entirely separate release altogether in the United States.
oh, thanks. i guess i missed the edit part.
Old 04-13-08, 05:31 PM

so anyone actually have this release and think it is well worth it?
Old 04-13-08, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Scott, I bought the French/Swiss PAL new DVD version of Full Metal Jacket. And it's totally worth it. It's the same specs and quality as the German one. Great anamorphic video and DD 5.1 English. I bought this non-region 1 version, because I didn't want to be forced to buy the whole Region 1 boxset. I only wanted to get Full Metal Jacket and not the other ones...
Old 04-14-08, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by toddly6666
Scott, I bought the French/Swiss PAL new DVD version of Full Metal Jacket. And it's totally worth it. It's the same specs and quality as the German one. Great anamorphic video and DD 5.1 English. I bought this non-region 1 version, because I didn't want to be forced to buy the whole Region 1 boxset. I only wanted to get Full Metal Jacket and not the other ones...
thanks toddly. i knew it would be a good release and didn't want the whole collection as well and just want FMJ, but if i was going to get it i would want only the SteelBook version and that is a hefty $55.00 with s&h, so not sure if it is entirely worth it for the movie and "A Life in Pictures".
Old 04-15-08, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

oh, I see, you are interested in the steel case? Well that makes no sense...Don't buy this for the steel case - it's meaningless, pointless, worthless, non-collectible, and it won't really make you feel better than just the regular dvd packaging...the 2-disc regular version with the good doc is just 10 euros...just get that, and forget about the steel packaging..