Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Help with contacting Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-08, 01:26 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with contacting Columbia House

Hey guys I hope someone can help me. I've been trying to contact Columbia House for two weeks now. I called 888-467-7404 ans waited on hold I kid you not 1 hour and 30 minutes 3 different times. I have emialed them every day for the last week and a half. I get no email response and no one ever picks up on the Columbia House phone line. My problem is that they charged me for an order that was returned. It shows up online as returned,but I am still showing charges for it. Also on another order they have me charged for shipping on items I never recieved but now show up as being returned. I have no idea what it will take to contact someone. This has to be the worst customer service of all time. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-01-08, 01:31 PM

i emailed them today and they got back to me with in a few hrs....

all i can say is log onto the site and use contact them via your account and see if that speeds things up..... i am new to CH.. so thats all i can sugest
Old 04-01-08, 01:40 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by DarkEyes
i emailed them today and they got back to me with in a few hrs....

all i can say is log onto the site and use contact them via your account and see if that speeds things up..... i am new to CH.. so thats all i can sugest
I've logged in and emailed every day for a week and a half.
Old 04-01-08, 01:45 PM

Have you checked your spam folder? I've found that sometimes emails from ch go to my spam folder.
Old 04-01-08, 01:46 PM

I noticed a pending charge on my bank account this morning that makes no sense from them. All I can figure is that it might be for the b1g4 I did, but I specifically chose bill me as the payment option. I sent an e-mail telling them to contact me. If I don't hear from them this afternoon, I'll just tell my bank it's an unauthorized charge, especially since it is.
Old 04-01-08, 02:35 PM

Thats not their #

this is 1-800-262-2001
Old 04-01-08, 03:06 PM
Cool New Member

I called that number and no go. The number I called before is supposed to get you right to a rep. I checked my spam folder and nothing. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 04-02-08, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ehilbert
Hey guys I hope someone can help me. I've been trying to contact Columbia House for two weeks now. I called 888-467-7404 ans waited on hold I kid you not 1 hour and 30 minutes 3 different times. I have emialed them every day for the last week and a half. I get no email response and no one ever picks up on the Columbia House phone line. My problem is that they charged me for an order that was returned. It shows up online as returned,but I am still showing charges for it. Also on another order they have me charged for shipping on items I never recieved but now show up as being returned. I have no idea what it will take to contact someone. This has to be the worst customer service of all time. Any help would be appreciated.
I haven't tried to call them lately, so I don't know what the status of the phone system is. But if you are not already using [email protected], that would be the best e-mail option to try.

When calling, always call during normal business hours on weekdays. We have found that beginning the "place an order" process on the phone tree often leads to a way to get to a CSR quickly. It has been more than a month since I have had to call, so they may have changed things.

You second problem sounds as if a package was returned by the post office for some reason. In the case of the package that you returned, it often takes several weeks before the charges are refunded after the warehouse receives the return. The wheels at Columbia House grind slowly.
Old 04-02-08, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts
Originally Posted by ehilbert
Also on another order they have me charged for shipping on items I never recieved but now show up as being returned.
If it's any comfort to you, I had a similar problem recently - I had pre-ordered the Bee Movie and when I hadn't received it, I logged into my account and it was listed under being returned! I sent them an e-mail and received a pretty prompt response saying it was being sent out again. Just got it yesterday.
Old 04-03-08, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Yeah, i tried to order three dvds from them recently. Recieved one, with a note saying that they wouldnt be shipping the others until i paid my balance. Only thing was, at the time, my balance was zero. They will only ship me one dvd at a time, which is ridiculous.
Old 04-04-08, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jjcool
Yeah, i tried to order three dvds from them recently. Recieved one, with a note saying that they wouldnt be shipping the others until i paid my balance. Only thing was, at the time, my balance was zero. They will only ship me one dvd at a time, which is ridiculous.
I have often seen this reported by those who use "Bill Me". This is one of the reasons that most of us use credit cards.

It is not necessarily "ridiculous" if one considers that some customers defraud Columbia House by not paying for the discs that they receive.