Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Disney's Jungle Book (Platinum Edition) menuing defect

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-08, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disney's Jungle Book (Platinum Edition) menuing defect

One of the featured extras on the 2007 release of Disney's Jungle Book (Platinum Edition) is the "Music & More" section of the disc where you are supposed to be able to play the Disney Song Selection with the lyrics ON or OFF. On my disc the lyrics are ON by default, and when I try to select OFF on the menu, the disc immediately skips out of that section cues up to play the FULL MOVIE from the beginning (including FBI warning, etc.). This is a major defect, as there is no way to play the Disney Song Selection WITHOUT subtitled lyrics.

Has anyone heard if Disney is offering replacement discs for this defect? I got one of the early pressings (on release day back in Fall 2007).
Old 03-26-08, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't own it, but is what you're referring to an audio feature or a subtitle feature? Can you play it with the lyrics on, and then press the Audio or Subtitle button on your DVD remote?
Old 03-27-08, 07:31 AM

The feature is to play just the four selected musical numbers from the movie, and there is an added option of displaying the lyrics on the screen, but selecting Lyrics Off doesn't work. Not only doesn't it work, but that menu option skips out of that section entirely and starts the whole movie from the beginning. I tried the Audio and Subtitle buttons instead, but they don't work either on that part of the disc.
Old 03-27-08, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thats really weird. have you tried it on another player yet to see if you can replicate the defect.
Old 03-27-08, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'd do what dollfins1 suggested and try another playback device, to make sure that this isn't a compatibility issue between that particular player and the disc.

I had something similar happen to me once with an MGM title. I loaded it into my player, the logo came on, the menu cued up, everything seemed fine...when I hit "play" to start the film playing, the logo cued up again. Every time I hit "play"...same thing, no movie, just the MGM logo (you know the lion's roar one that comes on really LOUD as soon as you boot most MGM DVDs) over and over.

Switched the disc to another player, problem solved and I got the feature I wanted.

Try it with The Jungle Book and see if it helps.
Old 03-29-08, 11:03 AM

Strangely enough, I have the same problem as the OP with the Peter Pan PE (haven't opened the Jungle Book DVD yet).