Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Kill or be Killed(James Ryan)

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 03-21-08, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone out there got any news on this martial arts movie from the '80's? As far as I know, it's never been released on DVD in the U.S.(region 1) although it did get a region 2 treatment under the name "Karate Kill". Is a nice widescreen, region 1 release too much to hope for? Maybe a double feature with Kill and Kill Again?

I think the VHS release of the movie was by Media. Do they have a DVD equivalent nowadays? How does one find out who holds the rights to a movie?
Old 03-21-08, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm still waiting for No Retreat, No Surrender.
Old 03-21-08, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread title is probably the most frightening taunt I have ever read on these boards, as my real name is James Ryan....
Old 11-19-17, 08:27 AM

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: Kill or be Killed(James Ryan)

Originally Posted by moklerman
Has anyone out there got any news on this martial arts movie from the '80's? As far as I know, it's never been released on DVD in the U.S.(region 1) although it did get a region 2 treatment under the name "Karate Kill". Is a nice widescreen, region 1 release too much to hope for? Maybe a double feature with Kill and Kill Again?

I think the VHS release of the movie was by Media. Do they have a DVD equivalent nowadays? How does one find out who holds the rights to a movie?
Resurrecting a 9 year old thread because both films mentioned above are now available at Amazon among other outlets.

Kill and Kill Again is either available on Blu-ray (widescreen w/ some extras including a 40 minute audio interview with James Ryan) or it is also available to stream on Amazon Prime (full screen, fine to watch for free).

Kill or be Killed is available on Amazon on officially released DVD-R (full screen, no extras). Not an ideal presentation but it is fairly cheap.

Just wanted to mention these in case any fans were still interested!