Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Mario Kart Wii

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-08, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mario Kart Wii

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/rmcj/index.html

The Japanese site is up and running, some previews of courses, items, controls, and a Q&A. Will be released on 4/10/2008 as scheduled in Japan, and late April in the USA.
Old 03-21-08, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Probably my most anticipated Wii title!

Though, that wheel looks stupid.
Old 03-21-08, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Here's a couple videos of the WiiWheel used in MK Wii

I'll be using classic controller or the Wavebird.
Old 03-21-08, 10:43 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
I might buy an extra wheel... just to have the option for another player.
Old 03-21-08, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You can just use the WiiMote instead if you want to be cheap like me
All the wheel does is hold the WiiMote.
Old 03-21-08, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
I'm going to replace the steering wheel in my Honda with a Wiimote just to get practiced up for this game
Old 03-21-08, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hopefully I'll have run SSBB into the ground before this hits. The MK games always have more replay value for me anyway.

Also, does anyone think Nintendo's going a bit crazy with putting out all their high-profile first-party games early in the console's life? If history repeats, there probably won't be any sequels to these games. The system's been out less than 2 years and already we have our Mario platformer, Legend of Zelda, Smash Bros, soon Mario Kart, and the (supposedly) last game in the Metroid Prime series. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we haven't had to wait forever for some of these to come out, but at the same time, they all seem to have come out very close to each other.
Old 03-21-08, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by FatTony
Hopefully I'll have run SSBB into the ground before this hits. The MK games always have more replay value for me anyway.

Also, does anyone think Nintendo's going a bit crazy with putting out all their high-profile first-party games early in the console's life? If history repeats, there probably won't be any sequels to these games. The system's been out less than 2 years and already we have our Mario platformer, Legend of Zelda, Smash Bros, soon Mario Kart, and the (supposedly) last game in the Metroid Prime series. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we haven't had to wait forever for some of these to come out, but at the same time, they all seem to have come out very close to each other.
Hopefully the Big N is re-evaluating how it used to release titles on N64 and GCN (1 or 2 AAA titles a year) and we'll see more like 3 or 4 AAA titles a year like we are now. I certainly am not complaining as I am one happy Wii owner (have been since day 1).
Old 03-21-08, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
As I posted in another thread there are still plenty of others still unaccounted for.

Starfox
Pikmin
Donkey Kong
Animal Crossing
Waverace
F-Zero
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
Luigi's Mansion

Or digging into the well:
Pilotwings
Kid Icarus

Sure, none are as big as the Big 3(Mario, Metroid, Zelda) but all are huge and still highly anticipated franchises.
Old 03-21-08, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
I'm sure Zelda will have another outing on the Wii. Remember Twilight Princess was really a GC game. Mario might have another outing, it came out within a year of the system debuting. Metroid is more questionable, unfortunately.
Old 03-21-08, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I can see another Zelda and even a Metroid set in a different universe. I doubt we will se another Mario though.
Old 03-21-08, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I'd be happy with New Super Mario Bros. 2 on Wii Ware.
Old 03-21-08, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

CVG's Hands-On impressions:
we're pleased to report that the controversial Wii Wheel is in fact a pretty pleasing peripheral to hold in your hands; it feels sturdy, not at all cheap and is really quite satisfying to use...Playing Mario Kart with the wheel feels strange at first (especially when we finally worked out we'd set power sliding to "automatic") but once you get the hang of it, it's obvious that a lot of work has gone into fine-tuning the tilt mechanics to make the wheel feel great.
Old 03-22-08, 07:11 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally Posted by steebo777
You can just use the WiiMote instead if you want to be cheap like me
All the wheel does is hold the WiiMote.
I know that.

I got one of the black wheel holders from a friend when I first got Excite Truck and I love playing ET with it.

The look of the Wii Wheel has me intrigued... and I'd like to have another around just in case I fall in love with it and don't wnat to give it up so an opponent can use it.
Old 03-23-08, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
Good news on the Wii Wheel. I really like how they really are utilizing the flexibility in controls with the Wii and developing games so they can utilize all of them.

For me though MK Wii has an uphill climb in topping MK DS. I'm sure it will be good but MK DS was just awesome.
Old 03-23-08, 03:35 PM

ill use my wavebird, i just can see myself enjoying it with the wheel
Old 03-23-08, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Also, does anyone think Nintendo's going a bit crazy with putting out all their high-profile first-party games early in the console's life?

Had to do something since Xbox was coming out with a bunch of heavy hitters. The casual gamers will still be around..until the next big wii game.
Old 03-23-08, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll try the wheel, but I can't imagine it working better than a controller, for me at least.
Old 03-26-08, 07:16 PM

How about an alternative to the wii wheel

http://www.slipperybrick.com/2008/03...ster-t-gokart/
Old 03-26-08, 07:55 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
As I posted in another thread there are still plenty of others still unaccounted for.

Starfox
Pikmin
Donkey Kong
Animal Crossing
Waverace
F-Zero
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
Luigi's Mansion

Pilotwings
Kid Icarus

Sure, none are as big as the Big 3(Mario, Metroid, Zelda) but all are huge and still highly anticipated franchises.
Never going to happen... but I'd kill for a sequel to earthbound.
Old 03-27-08, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I might get that as a second wheel.
Old 03-27-08, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Zeitgeist
Never going to happen... but I'd kill for a sequel to earthbound.
I'd also kill for that...but it'd be a nice gesture if they'd just port over Mother 3.

As for Mario Kart Wii, I'll be using the Wavebird or picking up a classic controller. Using the Wiimote for this would drive me nuts.
Old 03-27-08, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

Starfox
Pikmin
Donkey Kong
Animal Crossing
Waverace
F-Zero
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
Luigi's Mansion

Pilotwings
Kid Icarus

I put Crystalis on that list since Nintendo now owns it. Sure it isn't in the same league as some Nintendo first party creations, but man I would kill for a 3d remake of that. Never did get into Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin, or Animal Crossing though.
Old 03-28-08, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Did they announce how the player will do the trick/bike wheelie if the Classic or GC controller is used? Right now those are using the gyro from the WiiMote
Old 03-31-08, 05:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/200...d-by-gamestop/

Wii Wheel pricing leaked by GameStop
Posted Mar 31st 2008 3:00PM by Candace Savino

According to a recent weekly ad from GameStop (pictured above), the Wii Wheel will end up costing $14.99 in the U.S. (Note: Although this price for a standalone Wii Wheel has yet to be confirmed by Nintendo, GameStop tends to be accurate about these things.)

That seems like a lot of money for a plastic shell, don't you think? It's true that the Wii Zapper costs more, but at least that comes with a Link's Crossbow Training pack-in. Plus, we don't think we're being too hypocritical, considering we haven't bough ourselves a Zapper, either.

Mario Kart Wii will come with a Wii Wheel, so if you find the experience of playing with it to be incredibly awesome, you might decide to fork over the extra cash to buy some more. Being the cheapskates we are, though, we'd much rather get used to playing with the Wiimote alone, or just hook-up our GameCube or Classic controllers.
Why the hell would a piece of plastic cost $14.99? I guess I will only have the one wheel that comes with the game!

Chris

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.