Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Ebay Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-08, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ebay Question

Just wondering what you all think about this situation. Last week I purchased some blu ray dvds from a person. Sent them a email a few days after end of auction to see if they shipped out yet or a estimated ship date. That was Thursday no response by Friday PM. So I send out another email and Friday evening. No response by Saturday evening so i sent out another email asking when they will ship out. Now its Monday and still no response so i sent out another asking when these DVds will ship. If I dont here a response by them tomorrow am I being a a**hole for filing a complaint with Pay Pal because they dont want to respond to emails. I know I may have overdone it with the emails but they want payment at end of auction so I feel that should mean they should ship it out in a timely manner. I could see if auctin ended on a Friday or on the weekend and them not being able to get them out but a week and nothing from them irritates me.
Old 03-10-08, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
No response to e-mails = PP challenge. That will get a response.
Old 03-10-08, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man. is the weekend. and your not giving the person a chance to even response before you're already sending the other one out. Now if you don't get them in two weeks i would maybe contact paypal.
Old 03-10-08, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

they had a chance to respond to emails on thursday and I gave them almost 24 hours until I emailed them friday evening and they didnt respond

edit: Seller auction states if you dont hear a response from us within a 3 days email them to see when items shipped or will ship. 3 days would have been thursday.

Last edited by acubfaninmd; 03-10-08 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-10-08, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 357 Likes on 231 Posts
Keep in mind that emails don't always get received. This is especially true if you go through ebay's email system.
Old 03-11-08, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by tasha99
Keep in mind that emails don't always get received. This is especially true if you go through ebay's email system.
I figured that and i decided to send an email to their actual email address that was provided yesterday afternoon and this morning still no response. I am giving them until this afternoon until I send out another one. I ordered an DVD from Amazon UK yesterday if that arrives before these I am going to be pissed.
Old 03-11-08, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by acubfaninmd
they had a chance to respond to emails on thursday and I gave them almost 24 hours until I emailed them friday evening and they didnt respond

edit: Seller auction states if you dont hear a response from us within a 3 days email them to see when items shipped or will ship. 3 days would have been thursday.
If that is what their auction states then I would hold them to it.
Old 03-11-08, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have been very luck with ebay so far until this incident. ALways pay at end of auction, the only time I didnt I emailed seller stating I would pay the next day which was pay day and I did. I haven't had to wait more than 3 days to get a DVD I have won on ebay before since most people send items the next business day. I will give them until tomorrow to answer an email and if I still have no response I have no other choice but to file a pay pal complaint against them.
Old 03-11-08, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I really dislike buyers that expect NEXT DAY shipment. I mean, eBay is a HOBBY for probably 80-90% of it's members. It's not a business. I give my buyers 3 days to pay and I expect the same to ship. I've had people PM me 48 hours after winning asking where their item is.
Old 03-11-08, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I really dislike buyers that expect NEXT DAY shipment. I mean, eBay is a HOBBY for probably 80-90% of it's members. It's not a business. I give my buyers 3 days to pay and I expect the same to ship. I've had people PM me 48 hours after winning asking where their item is.
I don't expect next day shipping, I expect timely shipping within the time frame they give. If they want payment right away then i expect them to ship on time. When their auction states that they will send me a tracking number a certain time frame and they dont then I am going to get pissed. When they don't answer emails at all then I am going to get pisssed. If they wanted to take 3 days to ship then they should give me 3 days to pay not that I am going to take that long.

I never once said I expected it to be shipped the next day, all I said is I have been lucky and they sellers I have bought from up until this point mailed them out the next day, I even had someone send it out the same day payment was made since he/she had time to get to PO before they closed to send it out to me.

I just expect the same from the seller that they expect from me.
Old 03-11-08, 11:44 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
If it bothers you so much then challenge it with Paypal. Under the new rules of Ebay the buyer has all the advantages. Since you paid him or her, they can't even leave you negative feedback no matter how much you harass them.
Old 03-11-08, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

finally got email from them saying I should have received the dvds by now and if I havent received them they would resend them out to me. Asked for tracking number to see if I can find out where they are but am going to wait until I here back from them before I proceed.
Old 03-11-08, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes.

You have 7 days to pay the seller before they can file an Unpaid item dispute.

There should be 10 days before the buyer opens an Item Not Received dispute.

This is the expectation. You should never buy on ebay and expect it any faster than 10 days unless the auction explicitly promises immediate shipment.

However, he said in his auction to email if you didn't hear from him, so the seller set an expectation there of an update when it shipped and that he would respond to your emails (which is not necessary).

Keep in mind that unless this is a power seller, it's just a guy selling some stuff. Not a business.

That said, with the awful new rules, you can email however many times you want, or file a paypal dispute a few hours after the auction finishes, or whatever Because the only feedback you can get is good.

Last edited by GreenMonkey; 03-11-08 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-11-08, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The seller has two ebay accounts. one for selling blu rays which has a feedback score in the 2XX and another one that sells regular dvds. So this isnt someone who does this in their spare time. This is their business and what they do for a living. Both have feed backs in the 99% range but their main complaint is shipping time which was rated 4.5 stars Maybe they need more help in getting packages out or do less business if they cant handle what they are doing now. I guess I was one of the few unlucky ones dealing with them.

They are powersellers on both accounts and have an me next to thier name whatever that means.

Last edited by acubfaninmd; 03-11-08 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-11-08, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You can't make a living off of selling 200+ eBay items, unless they just started selling this year.
Old 03-11-08, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kory
You can't make a living off of selling 200+ eBay items, unless they just started selling this year.

The 200+ is for their blu ray account which was opened in jan 07 their other account has over 8400+ which sells SD dvds. So they can make a living doing what they do.
Old 03-11-08, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by GreenMonkey
Yes.

That said, with the awful new rules, you can email however many times you want, or file a paypal dispute a few hours after the auction finishes, or whatever Because the only feedback you can get is good.
Actually that rule does not start until May. Buyers still can receive negative until then.
Old 03-11-08, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The 200+ is for their blu ray account which was opened in jan 07 their other account has over 8400+ which sells SD dvds. So they can make a living doing what they do.
Haha, I apologize. I definitely stand corrected. I wasn't trying to call you out, I was just curious what the logic was. I hope this situation gets cleared up for you though.
Old 03-11-08, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts
I have been very luck with ebay so far until this incident. ALways pay at end of auction, the only time I didnt I emailed seller stating I would pay the next day which was pay day and I did. I haven't had to wait more than 3 days to get a DVD I have won on ebay before since most people send items the next business day. I will give them until tomorrow to answer an email and if I still have no response I have no other choice but to file a pay pal complaint against them.
Expecting to receive it within 3 days is a little unrealistic. The post office can take much longer than that even if he ships immediately.

Does the sellers feedback have a lot of negatives that would indicate he's taking people's money and not sending them the item? If not and he's just a slow shipper, what's the point in filing a Paypal complaint so soon? Paypal will only refund the money if he doesn't send the item within a reasonable time, not because he didn't respond to your emails.

Try contacting him through the " ask seller a question" link rather than emailing him directly. I check my messeges on eBay daily, but I don't check my email that I supplied ebay as often. So the seller may not be aware you have emailed him depending on what method you used.
Old 03-12-08, 04:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just wondering what you all think about this situation. Last week I purchased some blu ray dvds from a person. Sent them a email a few days after end of auction to see if they shipped out yet or a estimated ship date. That was Thursday no response by Friday PM. So I send out another email and Friday evening. No response by Saturday evening so i sent out another email asking when they will ship out. Now its Monday and still no response so i sent out another asking when these DVds will ship. If I dont here a response by them tomorrow am I being a a**hole for filing a complaint with Pay Pal because they dont want to respond to emails. I know I may have overdone it with the emails but they want payment at end of auction so I feel that should mean they should ship it out in a timely manner. I could see if auctin ended on a Friday or on the weekend and them not being able to get them out but a week and nothing from them irritates me.
You have a point. If they expect you to pay immediately, it's their duty to respond to your questions in the same manner.

Other posters also have a point that you might have overreacted but I don't blame you. I always want to know when the sellers ship out my items, gives me a time frame on when I'll get it.
Old 03-12-08, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by movieguru
Expecting to receive it within 3 days is a little unrealistic. The post office can take much longer than that even if he ships immediately.

Does the sellers feedback have a lot of negatives that would indicate he's taking people's money and not sending them the item? If not and he's just a slow shipper, what's the point in filing a Paypal complaint so soon? Paypal will only refund the money if he doesn't send the item within a reasonable time, not because he didn't respond to your emails.

Try contacting him through the " ask seller a question" link rather than emailing him directly. I check my messeges on eBay daily, but I don't check my email that I supplied ebay as often. So the seller may not be aware you have emailed him depending on what method you used.
I never said I expected it in 3 days, what i was saying is that in the past I havent had to wait 3 days. I expect the seller to answer my questions about when they will ship or to provide a tracking number for the package which they say the do. All they had to do was say here is your tracking number and your package was sent out on this day. Then I would know when to expect it. by them not answering my questions it feels as though they dont value my business and in their auction they say customer service is their first priority.
Old 03-12-08, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Well said. A little known fact on Half.com is that if the buyer selects media mail the seller has something like 10 to 14 buisness days till when the item should arrive, yet I get neutrals because I shipped 3 days after they bought it...
Old 03-12-08, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts
I never said I expected it in 3 days, what i was saying is that in the past I havent had to wait 3 days. I expect the seller to answer my questions about when they will ship or to provide a tracking number for the package which they say the do. All they had to do was say here is your tracking number and your package was sent out on this day. Then I would know when to expect it. by them not answering my questions it feels as though they dont value my business and in their auction they say customer service is their first priority.
If the seller uses Paypal shipping to print postage you should have received an email from Paypal with tracking info. You could also track it by logging into Paypal or ebay if he shipped with Paypal. Tracking numbers and shipping dates, though, won't tell you what day you'll receive an item. you may be able to estimate, but not much more.

I don't know how you're email is set up with ebay and Paypal, but he could have responded through ebay rater tahn directly to your email address. If your Paypal email address is different from the one you used to email the seller, check there just in case. There could be messages on your My Ebay page from him as well. I've had buyers before think I hadn't responded to them when I did; but they were new to ebay and didn't know you can get messeges by logging directly into the My Eaby page.
Old 03-13-08, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by movieguru
If the seller uses Paypal shipping to print postage you should have received an email from Paypal with tracking info. You could also track it by logging into Paypal or ebay if he shipped with Paypal. Tracking numbers and shipping dates, though, won't tell you what day you'll receive an item. you may be able to estimate, but not much more.

I don't know how you're email is set up with ebay and Paypal, but he could have responded through ebay rater tahn directly to your email address. If your Paypal email address is different from the one you used to email the seller, check there just in case. There could be messages on your My Ebay page from him as well. I've had buyers before think I hadn't responded to them when I did; but they were new to ebay and didn't know you can get messeges by logging directly into the My Eaby page.

Checked everything and no messages from her. Got tired of waiting so I used Pay Pal resolution center where they contact the seller for me and I have 20 days or so to escalate it further. I did that yesterday afternoon, you would think after doing that they would send me some sort of email but nothing yet.
Old 03-14-08, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No response from seller to pay pal complaint so I decedied to escalate it to the point wher pay pla intervenes and makes thier decison. From anyone else previous experience with this how often does pay pal rule in the favor of the buyer>

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.