Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem -> 4/15

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 02-14-08, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

IN SPACE, NO ONE COULD HEAR THE SCREAMS.
ON EARTH…IT WON’T MATTER!

ALIENS VS. PREDATOR - REQUIEM

Two Of The Deadliest Sci-Fi Creatures In Movie History
Return To Battle On Unrated DVD And Blu-Ray Disc April 15th
From Fox Home Entertainment

Erupting With Killer Special Features, The No-Holds-Barred Unrated Special Edition
Two-Disc DVD and Blu-ray Disc Includes Five Behind-The-Scenes Featurettes,
Multiple Commentaries, Design Photo Gallery, Digital Copy Download & More

CENTURY CITY, Calif. – America’s own backyard becomes the most brutal battlefield yet for the iconic creatures from two of the scariest film franchises ever when Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
(AVP-R) descends onto DVD and Blu-ray Disc (BD) April 15th from Fox Home Entertainment. Capturing the magic of the “Alien” and “Predator” legacies are first time directors and long-time fans of both film series, The Brothers Strause, renowned for their visual effects wizardry in such films as 300,
X-Men: The Last Stand and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Picking up immediately after the events of the 2004 worldwide blockbuster Alien vs. Predator, the Predator gives birth to the crossbreed ‘PredAlien’ shortly before the ship crashes into a small Colorado town. Caught in between the invasion of the Aliens and a new ruthless and methodical Predator, a group of townspeople must join forces to stop the infestation before the military obliterates the town to contain the outbreak. With thrilling performances by Steven Pasquale (“Rescue Me,” “Six Feet Under”), Reiko Aylesworth (“24”) and
John Ortiz (American Gangster, Miami Vice), AVP-R breeds the gritty horror roots of the original films back into the series while adding fresh, new digital effects and creature variations.

Available on both two-disc DVD and in high-definition format on Blu-ray Disc, the
Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem Extreme Unrated Special Edition features more than ten minutes of never-before-seen gruesome footage added back into the movie plus is packed with five behind-the-scenes featurettes, still design galleries, directors commentary, special FX/creature creator commentary and more.

The AVP-R Extreme Unrated Special Edition will be available to own on two-disc DVD for $34.98 U.S./ $45.98 Canada and on BD for $39.98 U.S./$49.98 Canada. AVP-R will also be released as a theatrical rated and unrated single-disc version available for the suggested retail price of $29.98 U.S./$43.48 Canada. Plus, a special DVD two-pack collection featuring both films Alien vs. Predator Unrated Collector’s Edition and AVP-R Unrated single-disc will be priced at $34.98 U.S./$45.98 Canada, along with a Blu-ray Disc two-pack priced at $69.98 U.S/$89.98 Canada.

As an added bonus, both the Two-Disc Extreme Unrated Special Edition and the Blu-ray Disc release will offer Fox’s new Digital Copy feature that allows viewers to quickly and easily download a digital version of the film to a Mac® or Windows-based PC computer and then transfer to select portable video devices including an iPod® and/or iPhone™.

Synopsis:
In the follow-up to the worldwide hit Alien vs. Predator, the iconic monsters from two of the scariest film franchises ever, wage war in an American Midwestern town – with the residents caught in the middle.

DVD Specs:
The AVP-R theatrical version is presented in both widescreen and full screen versions on a flipper disc with English 5.1 Dolby Surround, Spanish/French Dolby Surround with English/Spanish subtitles. The unrated single-disc and Two-Disc Special Edition will be available in widescreen only (2.35:1 aspect ratio) with English 5.1 Dolby Surround and DTS audio, Spanish/French Dolby Surround with English/Spanish subtitles. Individual disc bonus materials include:

Rated / Unrated Single-Disc Version
* Commentary by directors Colin and Greg Strause and producer John Davis
* Commentary by creature effects designers/creators Tom Woodruff Jr. and Alec Gillis

Two-Disc Extreme Unrated Special Edition
Includes all above single-disc content with the following extra material featured on the second disc:
* Digital Copy feature
* Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes
o
o Prepare for War: The Making of AVP-R
o Fight to the Finish: The Making of AVP-R
o AVP-R: The Nightmare Returns – Creating the Aliens
o Crossbreed: The PredAlien
o Building the Predator Homeworld
* Still Design Galleries
o
o Designing the Predator
o Designing the Alien
o Designing the PredAlien
o On Set: The Rooftop
o On Set: The Sewer
o On Set: The Hive
o On Set: Cast & Crew
o
* Theatrical trailers (including Restricted Audience trailer)

Blu-ray Disc Specs:
The Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem BD features both the theatrical rated and unrated versions of the film seamlessly branched in widescreen format, with all above standard-def DVD special features included, plus the BD-exclusive interactive picture-in-picture reference guide “Weyland-Yutani Archives” which allows viewers access into the movie-based corporation’s top-secret computer mainframe to discover information on all things Alien and Predator. The disc will be presented on a 50GB dual-layer disc authored in BD-J with AVC (MPEG 4) compression with English 5.1 DTS HD Lossless Master Audio and French / Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital.
Old 02-14-08, 02:48 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I heard that the movie is dumb as dirt, but I'll give this a rental since it's the unrated longer cut.
Old 02-14-08, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
i noticed any movie where they throw teenagers into the mix pretty much sucks (as they did with this movie)
Old 02-14-08, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 414 Likes on 299 Posts
I had fun with it, I will gladly get the blu-ray.
Old 02-14-08, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does the two-disc DVD also have both versions of the film via seamless branching?
Old 02-14-08, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is one of the worst movies ever made. I couldn't believe that part 1 was better than this turd. And part 1 sucked balls.
Old 02-14-08, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BuddyRevell
This is one of the worst movies ever made. I couldn't believe that part 1 was better than this turd. And part 1 sucked balls.
after reading that...

this film just became an El Guapo for me...

Old 02-14-08, 03:36 PM
Cool New Member

I totally agree. I am usually one of those suckers that buys crappy sequels just to complete a series, but I will not invest another dime in this franchise. I went into the theater thinking that this could not possibly be worse than the first, and I left thinking #1 was a masterpiece in comparison.
Old 02-14-08, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Giles
I heard that the movie is dumb as dirt, but I'll give this a rental since it's the unrated longer cut.
This makes NO sense to me.
Old 02-14-08, 04:25 PM

I'll pass. Why don't they make a new Predator installment?
Old 02-14-08, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The most interesting thing to me about this release news is the fact that Canadians are still getting royally screwed on an even exchange rate. Just nuts.
Old 02-14-08, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Being the OCD completeist I am, I know I'll get the 2-disc. That way I can pretend the unrated cut will make this a better film, only to discover it's actually more character development and it sucks even harder. I can't believe that I almost prefer the first one to this one. Actually, now that I really think about it, I suppose I do. Ugh.
Old 02-14-08, 05:26 PM
Cool New Member

I thought this was a big improvement on the 1st AVP film. They upped the violence and gore this time, theres not a lot else they can do with the aliens or predators since they don't have any dialogue!
Old 02-14-08, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I enjoyed it for being a poorly written gore fest and no more. Two disc unrated set for me!
Old 02-14-08, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have to say that I really enjoyed this movie. Sure it was "check-you-brain-at-the-door" entertainment - it was fun fluff.

Now I need to make up my mind about either just the Blu-Ray or the Blu 2-pack...
Old 02-14-08, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by richard1.1
I thought this was a big improvement on the 1st AVP film. They upped the violence and gore this time, theres not a lot else they can do with the aliens or predators since they don't have any dialogue!
I would rather have an Alien quoting Shakespeare to a female Predator than listen to any of the insipid, banal dialogue the midwestern country hicks were spouting in this shitfest.

Trust me, there was A LOT more they could have done here that they didn't. More blood and gore, and incredibly dark-lit fight scenes, don't make a good film.
Old 02-14-08, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
Being the OCD completeist I am, I know I'll get the 2-disc.
and it sucks even harder.
listen to any of the insipid, banal dialogue the midwestern country hicks were spouting in this shitfest.
there was A LOT more they could have done here that they didn't
I had higher hopes ...

Sell off your AVP set and then you can drop that completism argument. Alien and Predator were excellent series until they merged. I'd consider AVP stand-alone.

--

I may rent this just for a second look, but I won't be buying it. Too bad, aside from being a flipper, it appears to be a pretty nice release.
Old 02-14-08, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 414 Likes on 299 Posts
I had extremely low expectations, going to see it, and came out pretty satisfied, sinced they increased the gore. I never saw the first one, and I never will.
Old 02-14-08, 10:29 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Passed on it in theatres, but definite rental for me.
Old 02-15-08, 01:55 AM

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
While it did indeed suck, that's a silly argument. It's NOWHERE near the worst movie ever made. May I suggest you rent a stack of The Asylum's dtv flicks, any Uli Lommel or anything from the IMDb's bottom 250.
Old 02-15-08, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Gunde
While it did indeed suck, that's a silly argument. It's NOWHERE near the worst movie ever made. May I suggest you rent a stack of The Asylum's dtv flicks, any Uli Lommel or anything from the IMDb's bottom 250.
Ok fine. I'll settle with "It sucked ass times 10".
Old 02-15-08, 03:47 AM

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Ok fine. I'll settle with "It sucked ass times 10".
I agree
Old 02-15-08, 06:09 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

I'll settle for renting this from Netflix, thank you very much
Old 02-15-08, 07:33 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by soop
This makes NO sense to me.
case in point, Bloodrayne - hideousily bad, but the outrageous gore made it extremely funny.
Old 02-15-08, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If I can get a good price on the Blu-ray, I might bite on this. I resisted picking up the first AVP until I could get the 2-disc unrated set for $6.99, and although the R-rated trailer made this sequel look good I've heard too many bad things about the film. I need to remember not to fall into the same trap as in the early days of DVD ... that is, buying a disc only because it will look/sound good.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.