Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

BestBuy.com's Shoddy Packaging

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-08, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone else ordered a lone DVD from BestBuy.com recently? I just received an order and it was shipped with essentially no protection. It was just the DVD inside two pieces of thing cardboard glued together, just like how Overstock.com shops DVDs. Needless to say, the case is smashed to Hell. The odd thing is that I recently ordered some CDs and they all came in either a bubble mailer or a cardboard box.

I guess I should just be happy I got the order at all, it was shipped UPS-MI.
Old 02-08-08, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I ordered South Park Season 9 from them when it first came out. The packaging was terrible and my dvd case was in terrible shape. I called to complain and got refunded the shipping costs at least.
Old 02-08-08, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 867 Likes on 391 Posts
For Black Friday a couple of years ago, they shoved about 4 boxed sets and a couple of DVD's into a soft envelope. No padding at all.
All but 2 or 3 were mangled. I had a hard time in the store. I wanted to exchange them, but they wouldn't allow it, so I wanted to return them, and I had to convince the guy they were damaged. He kept saying the case(box) is not part of the product.
Old 02-09-08, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ya i stopped ordering from bestbuy.com altogether after about 4 experiences with terrible packaging and slow shipping. what a shame!
Old 02-09-08, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
If you're going to order online, the best option these days seems to be in-store pickup. Unless, of course, the nearest Best Buy is a significant distance away.
Old 02-09-08, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same type of packaging as the topic creator. I ordered Jackass 1 & 2, but Jackass 2's case was banged up and the DVD itself had fingerprints on it. Luckily i was able to return it in-store and replace it with the same DVD.
Old 02-17-08, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea, Best buy and walmart as well are just disgusting when it comes to packing your order for delivery. It's come to be expected by me and it's why I only order from them when it's absolutely unavoidable.