Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Return of the Killer Tomatoes on March 4, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-08, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
Return of the Killer Tomatoes on March 4, 2008

Apparently there's a re-release of Return of the Killer Tomatoes coming from Anchor Bay on March 4 under the banner 'The Cult Classic Film Series'. Anyone know anything about this?
Old 02-05-08, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,879 Likes on 1,237 Posts
Really neat cover art:

According to this site, the discs "look to be pretty bare bones and contain none of the special features included on the original releases of the titles".

Some titles to be included in the series are; everyone's favorite cannibalistic sewer dwellers film C.H.U.D., Class of 1984, The Man Who Fell to Earth, The Wicker Man, Long Good Friday, and, our own personal favorite, The Quiet Earth.
The official word from Anchor Bay: http://www.anchorbayentertainment.co...ID=0&GenreID=0
Old 02-05-08, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
these are all just reissues. i was hoping we'd atleast get return of the killer tomatoes in anamorphic widescreen but no such luck.
Old 03-08-08, 02:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't buy The Quiet Earth unless you want to pay 50 cents for a slipcover. You take the slipcover off and it's literally the same exact DVD thats being sold on Amazon for 12.99. It's even shrink wrapped rather than factory packaged, as its obvious Anchor Bay just unwrapped the old DVD, put a slipcover on it, and shrinkwrapped it.

Edit: Actually looks like Amazon is just ripping people off. Best Buy has it for 12 bucks, which is a buck fifty less than Amazon, and less than the other DVD.
Old 03-08-08, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeShaynePI
Don't buy The Quiet Earth unless you want to pay 50 cents for a slipcover. You take the slipcover off and it's literally the same exact DVD thats being sold on Amazon for 12.99. It's even shrink wrapped rather than factory packaged, as its obvious Anchor Bay just unwrapped the old DVD, put a slipcover on it, and shrinkwrapped it.

Edit: Actually looks like Amazon is just ripping people off. Best Buy has it for 12 bucks, which is a buck fifty less than Amazon, and less than the other DVD.

So are all of these Cult Classic re-releases just a slipcover over the old art? If so, that makes me really happy. I hate how these look and I was afraid I might end up being stuck with it on a dvd I'd want down the road.