DVD Talk
Potus Gwb Sotu [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Potus Gwb Sotu

hahn
01-29-08, 03:40 PM
What? A full day later and NO threads on how moving Dubya's final SOTU address was? -ohbfrank- This forum is falling behind.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/23/bush.sotu/index.html
Bush said he will submit a budget that will eliminate the nation's deficit in five years.:lol: Who knew GWB was such a comedian?

And my favorite commentary on the SOTU:
http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2008/01/29/sotu/
Favorite excerpt: There is little that Bush could say at this point about Iraq that has credibility. And it seems almost unsporting to waste time parsing his words for omissions, misstatements and contradictions. Yet it was dizzying Monday night to hear Bush invoke Osama bin Laden -- he who shall not be named -- to justify his Iraq policy. It was a feat of presidential logic to argue, in essence, that multiplying two failures together (bin Laden and Iraq) equals success. As Bush put it, "Last month, Osama bin Laden released a tape in which he ... admitted that coalition forces are growing stronger in Iraq. Ladies and gentlemen, some may deny the surge is working, but among the terrorists there is no doubt." rotfl Translation: Osama and his terrorists agree with me that my plans are working even if you, the American public don't.

Tracer Bullet
01-29-08, 03:43 PM
Itiwapls, btaInafob.

General Zod
01-29-08, 04:04 PM
I just hope the next one isn't delivered by that horrifying screeching woman.

MartinBlank
01-29-08, 04:10 PM
Favorite excerpt: rotfl Translation: Osama and his terrorists agree with me that my plans are working even if you, the American public don't.

:lol: :lol: rotfl :lol: rotfl

I know, right?! How stupid is the war on terror?!?! Goddamn Bush is a tardo :lol: rotfl rotfl :lol: rotfl

I've asked it before, and I never got an answer....if the American people really are against our actions in Iraq why are they doing nothing about it? The American people melted phone-lines and fax-machines in DC to show their lack of support for the McCain/Kennedy Amnesty legislation...why has the same not been done with the war?!? The American people told the Senate to get fucked, and the bill died....why not do the same with the war?!?

hahn
01-29-08, 04:10 PM
Itiwapls, btaInafob.
I thought it was a pretty lame speech, but the __ I never asked for or bought.

Close? :)

cinten
01-29-08, 04:16 PM
http://thinkprogress.org/?tag=State+of+the+Union

Pretty good analysis of the speech, not surprising that alot of what Bush said was not true, but that has never stopped him before.

General Zod
01-29-08, 04:18 PM
if the American people really are against our actions in Iraq why are they doing nothing about it?
Because sitting in front of your computer bitching about it to DVD collectors is so much easier..

MartinBlank
01-29-08, 04:21 PM
Because sitting in front of your computer bitching about it to DVD collectors is so much easier..

:lol: Good call! rotfl

DVD Josh
01-29-08, 04:21 PM

I would venture to guess that 75% of regular Otters would NOT consider themselves avid DVD collectors.

Tracer Bullet
01-29-08, 04:46 PM
I thought it was a pretty lame speech, but the __ I never asked for or bought.

Close? :)

You got the first part right, the second part is almost completely wrong.

JasonF
01-29-08, 04:50 PM
You got the first part right, the second part is almost completely wrong.

I believe the correct answer is:

"I thought it was a pretty lame speech, but then again I'm not a fan of Bush."

Do I win the dinette set and the year's supply of Rice-A-Roni?

hahn
01-29-08, 04:53 PM
Itiwapls, btaInafob.
I thought it was a pretty lame speech, but then again I never...

hahn
01-29-08, 04:56 PM

Do I win the dinette set and the year's supply of Rice-A-Roni?

Damn, I think you're right. Grrr.... :)

Tracer Bullet
01-29-08, 04:58 PM
I thought it was a pretty lame speech, but then again I never...

You're getting warm. Think about what that I stands for some more.

Edit: I missed JasonF's post. Congratulations- you are the winner!

DVD Polizei
01-29-08, 08:34 PM
Itiwapls, btaInafob.

I thought impotence was a penis laying sideways, but then again I've never accepted free orgy beer. :hscratch:

classicman2
01-29-08, 08:40 PM
I thought he devoted most of his speech in the area(s) where he should have devoted most of his speech - Iraq and the war on terror.

Progress (at least on the military front) is being made.

wishbone
01-29-08, 09:01 PM

Do I win the dinette set and the year's supply of Rice-A-Roni?I believe you are eligible for the shopping spree.<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yg-3wjDyMr4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yg-3wjDyMr4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

General Zod
01-29-08, 09:18 PM
I would venture to guess that 75% of regular Otters would NOT consider themselves avid DVD collectors.
Really think it is that high? I've bought perhaps 10 DVD's my whole life. I thought I was one of the few here that fit into that category. I wonder how the non-collectors found their way here.. probably like I did - word of mouth.

Anyhow sorry.. back to Pos Gwb Stfu..

Numanoid
01-29-08, 11:00 PM
Worst SOTU address ever. Seriously, nothing was said and it was said poorly. He didn't even do the standard special guest acknowledgements. A lame exit for a lame president.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0