Reload this Page >

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 01-25-08, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't see a thread about this.. Game looks pretty sweet..

From Wiki:

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is an upcoming multimedia project developed and published by LucasArts along with Dark Horse Comics, Lego, Hasbro, and Del Rey Books. It consists of a video game, a tie-in novel by Sean Williams, action figures, a comic book, a reference book and a role-playing game supplement. The materials are scheduled for release in August 26, 2008. The game will be released on the seventh-generation consoles PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii,[4] PlayStation Portable, Nintendo DS, second generation N-Gage[1] and the sixth generation console PlayStation 2.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TPGx3MGmMUk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TPGx3MGmMUk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Old 01-25-08, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Damn

Mods, please move this video over to Untitled Star Wars game

I searched for "Star Wars" and it didn't return that thread.. I swear!!

Then I posted this thread, then I searched for "Unleashed" and found it..

Old 01-25-08, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Old 01-25-08, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Give a brotha a break! I can't help it this search blows!!

I guess I can help not also searching for "unleashed" first.
Old 01-25-08, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When you move it, could you change the title to this one?
Old 01-25-08, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,116 Posts
Some time ago I said in the other thread that it's time to change the title since we now know the name of the game. But I was ignored as usual.
Old 01-25-08, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That video kicked ass. I can't wait to play this one.
Old 01-25-08, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Some time ago I said in the other thread that it's time to change the title since we now know the name of the game. But I was ignored as usual.
Which is why it's ridiculous that we can't edit titles of threads. I just hit 'Report Post' everytime and ask mods to change them.
Old 01-25-08, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
My friend told me that there's a scene they show where the main character pulls an Empire battleship out of the sky into the ground. Almost seems like the "apprentice" is too powerful.
Old 01-25-08, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Originally Posted by Deftones
My friend told me that there's a scene they show where the main character pulls an Empire battleship out of the sky into the ground. Almost seems like the "apprentice" is too powerful.
That's a cutscene from the trailer at http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/

I dunno, looked pretty badass to me.

I think this thing looks like a lot of fun. I had a great time with the comparatively tame Force powers of the Jedi Knight series. This looks like the "TIE Fighter" version of that game.
Old 01-25-08, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts
Well I just checked the Dev vidoe off XBL and it does look fantastic with the Havoc Engine in place. It was really interesting to hear just how the Havoc reacts as far as objects in terms of wood, glass and metal react in real world. The physics were very impressive. However the few scenes with the Apprentice like it was mentiones seemed a bit too powerful.

Kenny J - Buzz Starhopper
Old 01-26-08, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where is the video on Live?
Old 01-27-08, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Where is the video on Live?

Sorry about that, my bad. It's on Team XBox, not XBL and it's about 116mb DL but does show allot.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15545/...eashed-WebDoc/

Kenny J - Buzz Starhopper
Old 01-27-08, 12:03 PM

There are a few good videos of this game at www.gametrailers.com. There's a good one with one of the devs explaining how the game has three different physics simulations running at once and how they interact with each other. I believe the new Indiana Jones game will be using the same technology as well. Looks sweet.
Old 01-27-08, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,116 Posts
I could swear I posted some videos in the other thread...ignored once again

Anyway, I'm sure they're still there.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...5&postcount=53

Last edited by Giantrobo; 01-27-08 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-27-08, 04:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SteelgearX
There's a good one with one of the devs explaining how the game has three different physics simulations running at once and how they interact with each other.

I wonder how long it will be before a physics card will be mandatory to run new games?

I remember back in the mid-90s when 3D graphics were just starting out. Video cards for the PC back then were called "3D accelerators" and were completely optional. Then in the late 90s, as 3D graphics got more complex, games started requiring 3D video cards. I remember seeing stickers on PC game boxes stating that "This game requires a 3D accelerator."

There is already one physics card that I know of, called the PhysX or something like that. I wonder when physics cards will become a requirement for gaming...
Old 04-03-08, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed arrives on September 16

LucasArts today announced that Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will be released on September 16 in the United States. A PAL release will follow on September 17 and Europe will be granted the use of the Force on September 19.

LucasArts and developer KromeStudios are also creating versions of the game for the Wii, PS2 and PSP. n-Space, Inc., is developing a version for Nintendo DS. All will feature the same storyline, LucasArts said.
Old 04-04-08, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Can't wait for this one.
Old 05-02-08, 12:59 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Now that I'm now a multi-console gamer, I've been thinking about this game. The way the game is going to make use of the Wii's inputs seems so awesome -- using the Wiimote as a lightsaber and usng the nunchuck's motion-sensing to simulate tossing people around with the force seems like the awesomest thing ever. But a game like this seems like it would look and play much better on the 360, which has so much more horsepower. What to do, what to do?
Old 05-02-08, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 910 Likes on 645 Posts
Originally Posted by JasonF
Now that I'm now a multi-console gamer, I've been thinking about this game. The way the game is going to make use of the Wii's inputs seems so awesome -- using the Wiimote as a lightsaber and usng the nunchuck's motion-sensing to simulate tossing people around with the force seems like the awesomest thing ever. But a game like this seems like it would look and play much better on the 360, which has so much more horsepower. What to do, what to do?
I'm with you. Originally Lucasarts kept saying the Wii game was different than TFU altogether. I wish they would have stuck to that plan because Wii controls would be sweet, but as always Live, DLC, HD, etc. will win out.

Unless this will make use of the 3mote that has been rumored about. That may just warrant a purchase. TFU in HD plus Wii controls? I've been thinking the same thing about Boom Blox but that doesn't seem like it would make a big difference on the 360.
Old 05-02-08, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I'm with you. Originally Lucasarts kept saying the Wii game was different than TFU altogether. I wish they would have stuck to that plan because Wii controls would be sweet, but as always Live, DLC, HD, etc. will win out.

Unless this will make use of the 3mote that has been rumored about. That may just warrant a purchase. TFU in HD plus Wii controls? I've been thinking the same thing about Boom Blox but that doesn't seem like it would make a big difference on the 360.
What is the 3mote?
Old 05-02-08, 10:00 AM
Suspended

I believe the 3mote is another name for the Dual Shock 3 (Play Station 3 controller that has rumble and motion sensing capabilities).
Old 05-02-08, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JasonF
I believe the 3mote is another name for the Dual Shock 3 (Play Station 3 controller that has rumble and motion sensing capabilities).
I think he was talking about the rumored wii remote clone for the 360 that surfaced a few weeks ago.
Old 05-02-08, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 910 Likes on 645 Posts
Originally Posted by msdmoney
I think he was talking about the rumored wii remote clone for the 360 that surfaced a few weeks ago.
Yep. Rumor is EA is pushing heavy for it. I presume for Boom Blox as I'm sure Speilberg doesn't come cheap and they want it on as many systems as possible. You know, the EA mantra. 3mote is just a goofy name one of the podcasters is tossing around.

Old 05-02-08, 11:34 AM
Suspended

I hadn't heard about that. That would be so awesome.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.