Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Deep Discount!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-08, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deep Discount!

I never had any problems with this site until recently...

Back when they had that 20% sale... I bought a bunch of movies and sets there I got the 1st 3 seasons of Buffy the Vampire slayer.. anyways.. I was watching the 3rd season when I realized one of the discs were messed up.. so I emailed them.. they sent me a paper to mail the set back.. and when they did they TOLD ME that once they received the ITEM they would send my REPLACEMENT Item to me..

Well NOW... they are telling me , I can't get the item back at all, and they would just reimburse me for the money.. which was 15 something but I WANT my item not the money.. the reason I bought the seasons because of the SALE..

But yeah they aren't backing down even when they told me to begin with I would get the item back.. Blah.. I recommend anyone to not use that place anymore, they will end up screwing you.. and the SAD thing is I spent a lot of MONEY at that place.. they won't be seeing my money anymore I know that for a fact.
Old 01-19-08, 05:14 PM

Another complaining about DD thread..Why not put this in the other ones..
You don't need a separate thread to complain about every transaction..
There already is a bunch of them..Give it a rest..
Old 01-19-08, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Dee84!
Old 01-20-08, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should try to contact the manufacturer and see if they replace just the disc that is defective.

Dirk
Old 01-20-08, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DirkUSA
You should try to contact the manufacturer and see if they replace just the disc that is defective.

Dirk
He doesn't have the set anymore and they won't give it back.
Old 01-20-08, 06:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by disneyguy
Another complaining about DD thread..Why not put this in the other ones..
You don't need a separate thread to complain about every transaction..
There already is a bunch of them..Give it a rest..
Even though I am one of the complainers (who had a similar problem with DD), I am ALMOST inclined to agree with you, Diz.

However, I'm also tempted to think that if DD Dave or anyone else associated with the site were to see so many separate critical threads, they just MIGHT be shamed into responding to these legitimate complaints in a user-friendly fashion (the way DVDPlanet did recently...thanks, Mark!).

I'm wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen, though.
Old 01-20-08, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Neither would I. They're the worst company I've ever dealt with in terms of absolutely not giving a shit about their customers.
Old 01-21-08, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
He doesn't have the set anymore and they won't give it back.
Sorry, I misread it, you are correct.

Dirk
Old 01-27-08, 01:31 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
That really sucks but yeah, I've noticed since the HArry Potter book 7 fiasco that DD seems to have completetly gone downhill.
Old 01-28-08, 08:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Geddlo
That really sucks but yeah, I've noticed since the HArry Potter book 7 fiasco that DD seems to have completetly gone downhill.
Maybe they had to pay Scholastic Books so much $ in the settlement that they had to lay off most of their trained staff.
Old 01-28-08, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Geddlo
What happened? Did they just not get enough in to fill pre-orders?
Old 01-28-08, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
What happened? Did they just not get enough in to fill pre-orders?
They shipped the books out early and people got them sooner then they should have. I don't know the exact amount of time, but they got in a bit of trouble.
Old 01-29-08, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've always been one of the biggest defenders of DD on these forums, but I have to say that they've gone to complete and utter shit.
Old 01-29-08, 02:55 PM

I don't think the customer service is as bad as you think. People on these forums always post the bad, they also never post when an issue is resolved. I do not think deep discount has all these unresolved issues. I think some people here do not post when they receive a result. This what I can see from reading the posts about all companies.
Old 01-31-08, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jackson2006
I don't think the customer service is as bad as you think. People on these forums always post the bad, they also never post when an issue is resolved. I do not think deep discount has all these unresolved issues. I think some people here do not post when they receive a result. This what I can see from reading the posts about all companies.
There shouldn't be issues to resolve in the first place. When I place an order with Amazon, I am 100% certain that I will get what I want, for the price I agreed to, with no hassles. And over several hundred orders in the last few years, it's always been true. I don't have to email them, call them, beg them and then finally get a resolution that I can go brag about on DVD Talk. They just do their job.
Old 01-31-08, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
You're probably right, however I have noticed DeepDiscount decline over the past year. I remember when they simply were THE BEST to order from. You got your order quick, even with free shipping. No issues with stock and availability. And just recently, having your order cancelled and not told about it.
Old 01-31-08, 11:02 PM
Banned

You make a valid point; usually, 'no news is good news' in that very few people take time out to praise companies, public service employees, etc.; however, the complaints can be very vocal and noticeable. I'm sure that many do not follow up when the issue is resolved.

Having said that....I have had one or two minor slip-ups from DDD in the past and NEVER complained on the forum. It was only when there were several errors in a relatively short span that I complained. And...the issues were 'resolved', just not in a satisfactory manner. When companies list items mistakenly & then will not only not honor the misprice but keep the misprice listed WEEKS after having had the error pointed out, something is wrong. When a company refuses to replace a defective product because the item was originally purchased on sale and now the price has risen, something is wrong. When a company says they will send a postpaid label to return a mispriced item and do not, something is wrong. When the same company sends you another customer's order, something is wrong.

Out of four 'issues' (that had to be addressed through several emails and three phone calls), only one was resolved to my satisfaction. There were two $60 items missing from an order (although they were listed on the packing slip)...DD did replace both of those.

I got the run-around & different stories from different CSR's for the other issues. I eventually did get my money back for one item (although I had already sold some of the original sets, so the refusal to replace the complete set after I returned the defective set was more than just an inconvenience. Now I have to repurchase the sets I sold, or pay about $60 more for the complete set when & if it goes on sale again). I'm still waiting for the return label to send back the mispriced items.

I used to be a big fan of DD and heartily recommended it to friends. If other customers have had the same experience of having these unsatisfactory responses. I don't expect them to lose money (and didn't complain about the cancelled orders during a recent B1G1 sale), but I would like for them to be upfront & consistent on their policies in addressing their own errors.. Even if the customer doesn't get what he wants, it shouldn't be an ordeal to get your money back on an error caused by the company.

DVDPlanet, on the other hand, was quick to address the issue of a missing order and quickly responded.
Old 02-05-08, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Numanoid
There shouldn't be issues to resolve in the first place. When I place an order with Amazon, I am 100% certain that I will get what I want, for the price I agreed to, with no hassles. And over several hundred orders in the last few years, it's always been true. I don't have to email them, call them, beg them and then finally get a resolution that I can go brag about on DVD Talk. They just do their job.

I am not saying you should brag but people only post bad things not resolutions. Also, I seem to remember threads about Amazon not doing their job like you say.
Old 02-05-08, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Considering Amazon has many, many more customers than DD, and yet you hear way more complaints about DD...I mean, do the math. It's a failing business that doesn't care about its customers.
Old 02-05-08, 12:35 PM

I've had a couple of problems over the years but customer service has always been decent to me and resolved the issue. I love the absence of tax and shipping. It's my favorite online retailer.
Old 02-05-08, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by abrg923
Considering Amazon has many, many more customers than DD, and yet you hear way more complaints about DD...I mean, do the math. It's a failing business that doesn't care about its customers.
Just your opinion, that's all. Amazon also has the same problems.
Old 02-05-08, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by Numanoid
Bolding is mine. That isnt 100 % true with amazon. i totally understand what you are gettign at, and I agree to you, up to a point. Amazon is not the end all be all of online retailers. they showed this with that B1G1 sale fiasco. Although, they are my retailer of choice because 99 out of 100 times, as you said, :" When I place an order with Amazon, I am 100% certain that I will get what I want, for the price I agreed to, with no hassles." But there is that 1 time in 100 that gives people the bad taste. Just be aware that nobody is perfect, even Amazon.
Old 02-05-08, 06:19 PM

I had the same experience, had a dvd set with defective dvd, bought during the 20% sale, shipped it back, and they just refunded me...so a warning would be to try and get a replacement from somewhere else,
Old 02-05-08, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Funny - I don't even use DD anymore now that I switched to Blu-ray (and adopted Netflix) and rarely buy an SD disc anymore. Amazon has prices and service on HDM that DD just wouldn't be able to compete with.
Old 02-06-08, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just your opinion, that's all. Amazon also has the same problems.
How is it my opinion? It's not an opinion that Amazon has many more customers than DD. That's a fact.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.