Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Why doesn't DVD Talk have a DVD collection organizer program?

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-08, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if this has ever been discussed yet, but I was just wondering why DVD Talk doesn't have a program like DVD Spot or DVD AF, were you can keep track of your DVD collection, and show it off.

DVD Talk is my favourite site on the web, and I think the forums are the best around for DVD, Movie, TV, and Other discussions. I know DVD Spot has forums, but also is a DVD collection organizer site. I know they don't have great reviews of DVDs like they do here at DVD Talk, but I think it would be great if DVD Talk could start a DVD collection organizer program, as well.

I know it would be A LOT of work, starting something like that up, but I'd be thrilled to get something like that going. I'm not sure what that means in regard to bandwidth and all that other computer related stuff I don't understand, but I'd be glad to do the work to get something like this up and running.

Does anyone else think this is a good idea? Can it be done? Do you care? Or should I shut my mouth and keep my ideas to myself?
Old 01-18-08, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 204 Likes on 118 Posts
Great idea!
Old 01-19-08, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,464 Likes on 931 Posts
Cool idea. Try writing a model program and submit a proposal to IB.
Old 01-22-08, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is a good idea. If this were to happen you should take the bests features from the other sites like dvd spot, profiler, etc and incorporate them into your program. then i wouldnt need to go to any other site.
Old 01-23-08, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dvd talk would be the microsoft/google of dvd websites, they'd buy out IMDB, dvdaf, dvdspot, rottentomatoes, deep discount and take over the world. Then we could start paying a fee to use their service as they would be a total monopoly. I think this is a great idea.