Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

What was the change to iTunes TOS?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-08, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was downloading a song tonight (one of the free songs), I had to agree to the revised terms of service. What were the main changes to the TOS that I agreed to?
Old 01-17-08, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wouldn't it be concerning the new Itunes Movie Rental addition to Itunes?
Old 01-17-08, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 250 Likes on 176 Posts
Probably the Apple TV upgrade to watch movies on your tv. When I started the computer this morning a message box opened requesting me to download and install Apple TV.
Old 01-17-08, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK. Considering that my iPod is a 512 MB iPod shuffle plus I'm on dialup, I won’t be watching or downloading any movies / TV shows in the near future.

And speaking of iTunes, here is something that is really annoying:

Say I move a file, X.mp3 to my iPod then remove my iPod from my computer. Then I delete X.mp3 from my computer. I want to add something else to the iPod so I plug it back into the computer – it automatically checks to make sure everything on the iPod is also on the computer, since X.mp3 isn’t on the computer anymore it is disabled on my iPod. Nice “feature”.

You might say “why would you want to delete X.mp3 from your computer?” I listen to about eight or ten podcasts each week on my .mp3 player which unfortunately my wife hid from me (long story), so I have to use my 512 MB iPod shuffle. So I transfer .mp3 files to my iPod and normally delete them from the computer since after I listen to them once I will never want to listen to them again.
Old 01-17-08, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Heat
OK. Considering that my iPod is a 512 MB iPod shuffle plus I'm on dialup, I won’t be watching or downloading any movies / TV shows in the near future.

And speaking of iTunes, here is something that is really annoying:

Say I move a file, X.mp3 to my iPod then remove my iPod from my computer. Then I delete X.mp3 from my computer. I want to add something else to the iPod so I plug it back into the computer – it automatically checks to make sure everything on the iPod is also on the computer, since X.mp3 isn’t on the computer anymore it is disabled on my iPod. Nice “feature”.

You might say “why would you want to delete X.mp3 from your computer?” I listen to about eight or ten podcasts each week on my .mp3 player which unfortunately my wife hid from me (long story), so I have to use my 512 MB iPod shuffle. So I transfer .mp3 files to my iPod and normally delete them from the computer since after I listen to them once I will never want to listen to them again.
You can turn that off, you know.