Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscount's return label question

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-08, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been a DD customer for six years, spending many thousands of dollars during that time. Until now, I have never returned anything. Occasionally, I'll receive a floater or damaged case, but I just live with it, figuring it just isn't worth the trouble based upon the many nightmare stories I've read about over the years by customers who returned merchandise, only to have DD's customer service claim that they never received the returned item.

I recently ordered an expensive box set, and it arrived with a badly damaged box. This damage occurred before DD shipped it, because the shipping container wasn't damaged at all. I e-mail DD, and they e-mailed me a return label. I took the package to the post office, and told the P.O. worker that I wanted delivery confirmation. I was told that the only way I could get delivery confirmation was if I paid for the return shipping cost.

Question: If I return this package, using DD's return label (without delivery confirmation), what insurance do I have that DD has actually received the return? Does the P.O. keep any sort of record showing that I mailed this package on such and such a day, and that it arrived at it's destination?
Old 01-25-08, 12:33 AM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
You will have no proof of delivery if you just use the DD label. If the item is very valuable. If you are concerned that DD will tell you they never received your returned item, you should purchase insurance for the value of the item from the post office. If DD says they never received your item you can make a claim with the post office.
Old 01-25-08, 02:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think you should try another post office. I sent back a few items to Amazon and DD using their return labels earlier this month and I paid to put delivery confirmation on all of them. As far as I know, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to.
Old 01-25-08, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Living Dead
I think you should try another post office. I sent back a few items to Amazon and DD using their return labels earlier this month and I paid to put delivery confirmation on all of them. As far as I know, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to.
you are correct, sir. you can slap dc on anything, anytime, anywhere. at least domestically.
Old 01-27-08, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Classic Films
You will have no proof of delivery if you just use the DD label. If the item is very valuable. If you are concerned that DD will tell you they never received your returned item, you should purchase insurance for the value of the item from the post office. If DD says they never received your item you can make a claim with the post office.
I contacted them a couple days ago about a return in which I used one of those return labels. They said they never received it (sent it more than 3 weeks ago). So "SkullOrchard", get delivery confirmation, insurance, or whatever. You can't trust Deep Discount.

Update (1-28-08): Just got an e-mail from DD. Looks like they got it and replaced it. I had just about decided to quit shopping there because of this problem. Now I don't hate them as much.

Last edited by toldawg128; 01-28-08 at 01:43 PM.