Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

More Wayne, NJ closings: Suncoast and fye

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-08, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More Wayne, NJ closings: Suncoast and fye

Both the bigger fye and the Suncoast in Willowbrook Mall in Wayne, NJ are also closing. Signs in the Suncoast claim that January 20 is the last day. Prices aren't earth-shattering, as they're only taking 20% off "the lowest price", but I did spot 50% off signs on the floor in the back of the store.

During the last round of Suncoast closings, the used titles were all 50% off in the Secaucus store right from the start. This time they're buy-two-get-one free, or the same as usual.
Old 01-07-08, 10:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish these closings would have happened when I was working or going to school up around there. I don't think it's worth driving an hour for some mediocre deals.
Old 01-08-08, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn, what's happening in Wayne, NJ? Is the economy collapsing?
Old 01-08-08, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Don't worry--we're doing fine around here. For some reason, people are posting these closings for my area, but obviously, someone could just as soon be posting about a Toys R Us store closing in Des Moines, Iowa. Wayne, NJ has a big mall, and separately has lots of big box stores along one strip. Home Depot, Staples, Bed and Bath, Toys R Us, Office Depot, etc. Most are surely doing fine, some close from time to time for various reasons.
Old 01-08-08, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom

I blame the Fountains of Wayne.

Anyone know if the FYE (or whatever it is) next to the Home Depot on 46 is remaining open? I never go there but would pop in when they get passed 20% off.
Old 01-08-08, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Suncoast in Culver City, CA, closed this past weekend.
Old 01-08-08, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by SoSpacey
I blame the Fountains of Wayne.

Anyone know if the FYE (or whatever it is) next to the Home Depot on 46 is remaining open? I never go there but would pop in when they get passed 20% off.
For all of you Sopranos fans, just so you know, the Fountains of Wayne appears in several episodes of The Sopranos (I believe the ones with Charles S. Dutton). Many other parts of our area were featured on The Sopranos as well. Yes, it's a very honorable claim to fame...

The FYE next to Home Depot is actually a Coconuts, and yes it's still open, but I never stop in there.

Oh, and thanks Peep. You see, I told you all that stores close all over the country, not just in NJ.
Old 01-08-08, 03:30 PM

The Plymouth Meeting, PA Suncoast is closing as well. I think January 20th might be the last day as well. They started putting up the going out of business signs a couple weeks before Christmas. Kind of stupid of them in this case because soon after FYE bought Suncoast, they opened up a brand new FYE in this mall two stores down from Suncoast, and it's not a very big mall. They should've known there was no need to have 2 identical stores next to each other.