Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

King of Fighters XI

Old 01-05-08, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
King of Fighters XI

I'm not a big kof fan but this one is pretty good. The fighters look like crap but the backgrounds are good. They packed it full of characters with a bunch of modes. I haven't played a lot but this seems to have a story around it something that makes it all the more fun for me. The fighting system is advance and fun to play. They give you a instant move list by pressing select. It is all here and if you rather play street fighter a few of those characters are in this game. Well at least ken is but under alias.

It is also a budget title so you can get it for a song.
Old 01-05-08, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I just want Garou: Mark of the Wolves and Last Blade II on XBLA.
Old 01-05-08, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i haven't open this game yet...
Old 01-06-08, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
I just want Garou: Mark of the Wolves and Last Blade II on XBLA.
I heard Mark of the Wolves was supposed to get ported as the second part to the Fatal Fury Battle Archive. SamSho 2 is still pending for Live Arcade, but I know SNK is planning a SamSho anthology for PS2/Wii, which means we wont see it until 2009.
Old 01-06-08, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by zero
I heard Mark of the Wolves was supposed to get ported as the second part to the Fatal Fury Battle Archive. SamSho 2 is still pending for Live Arcade, but I know SNK is planning a SamSho anthology for PS2/Wii, which means we wont see it until 2009.
No shit? Then I can stop playing my shittily emulated arcade SamSho ports on the dreamcast Neo emulator. As well as sell my Saturn Japanese Import of SS3/4. I love my Saturn, but it's a pain to hook up anymore.

On a different note - NeoGeo Battle Coliseum is quite nice. And for $10 at Kmart, Sears, BB, etc., it can't be beat.
Old 01-06-08, 06:42 PM
Zbu

I heard Mark of the Wolves was supposed to get ported as the second part to the Fatal Fury Battle Archive.
NICE! Something to keep an eye on while I wait for those other sweet SNK anthologies like World Heroes, Samurai Shodown, and the King of Fighters Orochi Saga. Say, anybody hear anything about the Orochi Saga one (like what it includes and such)?
Old 01-07-08, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Tried to do some more digging but heres what I found so far.
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/me...ml?sid=6179601

Samurai Shodown SEN, not to be confused with SamSho Tenkaichi...

It's no Soul Calibur but it looks more fun than those 3D KOF titles.

and just to clear it up

This is SamSho Tenkaichi I hope they port this too! I have the import but I'd love to play it without swapping discs!

Metal Slug 7

Mark of the Wolves Running on PS2

Couldnt find any news regarding the US port of this title, but I'll keep digging Im pretty sure it's a budget title waiting to happen! The SamSho collection alone has me drooooling, although I cant wait for SamSho 2 to hit LIVE.
Old 01-07-08, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The SamSho collection alone has me drooooling, although I cant wait for SamSho 2 to hit LIVE.
You and I both...I'll have to add you to my live list, so when it drops, we can play...
Old 01-08-08, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by lordzeppelin
You and I both...I'll have to add you to my live list, so when it drops, we can play...
You got a deal!
Old 02-02-08, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 619 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
I haven't played a lot but this seems to have a story around it something that makes it all the more fun for me.
Is the story well presented on this one? I ask because, although you really don't go into fighting games for the story, I actually find a good story Soul Calibur and its prequel/sequels) more entertaining than just collecting a ton of unlockables (games like Dead or Alive).

I recently purchased NeoGeo Battle Coliseum and although the game is tons of fun, I was disappointed in the story excecution. Mainly because the prologue in the manual and the back cover description really made it seem like they had this really entertaining story to tell in addition to all the fun mayhem. It didn't ruin the game for me but was quite a disappointment. Also, all the endings seem to be little more than brief plugs for all the different SNK titles and merely hint at the whole backdrop surrounding those games.

Last edited by RocShemp; 02-02-08 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-03-08, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I haven't been able to play it enough to know how deep the story is. Way to many games and way to little time. I also don't buy fighting games for the story it is just something that makes it better. Marvel vs Capcom is better game than Marvel vs Capcom 2 in my opinion because each character had a different ending.

I only played enough to get two cut scenes as I moved up the ladder. I know something big is going on but not what. I haven't beat the game with anyone yet. I'm not sure if you get different story elements based on the fighters you pick or if it is the same with everybody.