Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

FYE gift card or store credit at FYE.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-08, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a gift card as well as a store credit for FYE... and in the past I've used them many times on www.fye.com

but today, I'm trying to order something and there is NOT a place to put in the gift card number or the pin number! only credit cards...

meanwhile on the gift card page for FYE it clearly states:

Gift Cards are good for purchases at fye.com and at any f.y.e. retail store.

is anyone else having this problem?! is there a work around for it?

(and yes, I've gone to the usual place where you do "change payment method" and the option to use gift card is gone!) - and of course it's impossible to get ahold of anyone there at the contact us information...

Last edited by bearkiss; 01-05-08 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-05-08, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

they recently had a coupon snafu and they've disabled the stuff on the website while they deal with all the people who tried to rip them off
Old 01-05-08, 04:48 PM

aaahhhhh... thanks - I do remember reading about that on slick deals... but didn't know they would stop all gift cards because of it! thanks!

(wondering now how long it'll be that way!)
Old 01-05-08, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's been a week since you could last use gift cards online, which is absolutely ridiculous. I want to place some orders, but I won't until I'm able to use my gift cards. Because of their glitch, all gift card holders are being penalized. I have no idea why it would take so long to resolve this problem.
Old 01-06-08, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My FYE physical gift card was finally reactivated, but I see that you still can't order anything online with a gift card. This sucks, I hate this company.
Old 01-06-08, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm actually debating driving to a nearby town just to get something from this gift card. Does anyone know if they're accepting physical gift cards in store?
Old 01-07-08, 12:34 PM

I called them at the customer service number this morning... they said it's now been over a week and they hope to have it fixed soon... but at this time they have NO ESTIMATE when you'll be able to use gift cards on line again! DAMN!
Old 01-09-08, 12:21 PM
Cool New Member

Greetings from fye.com

We cancelled your recent order containing fye.com gift card(s). In accordance with our posted policies, we do not accept coupons for gift card purchases. Therefore, we cancelled the gift card(s) from your order(s). If your order contained other items, they will ship according to the site’s availability.

If you paid with a credit card, PayPal, or Google Checkout, your payment method will be refunded in full for the amount associated with gift card purchase. The refund will be applied to your account within 30 days.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in notifying you and any inconvenience this may have caused.

We value your business and hope that you will give us a chance to serve you again in the future.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Old 01-09-08, 12:52 PM

I got this email from them after emailing to complain that I couldn't use my gift card...

Hello,

Unfortunately, gift cards cannot be used on the site at this time as we are experiencing technical difficulties while processing gift card information.

This is a temporary removal of this process and we hope to have it soon up and running. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause but our development team is working on resolving the situation right now. When the system is back up and running the 'Add Gift Card' button will reappear on the payment page.

If we can be of further assistance, please reply to this email or reach us via the fye.com Customer Support line at 1-800-818-1941

Sincerely,

fye.com Assistance Support
Old 01-10-08, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The gift card option is back online.
Old 01-10-08, 11:09 AM

Good to hear. ^^ I had a GC from dvd trade-ins and was waiting it to be back up. Hope my book order goes through

edit"

And cancelled! This was with a regular gift card I got at a local store on Jan 5. It was from dvd trade-ins. Bleah. :P

"Dear Valued Customer,

While processing your order, we experienced difficulty in obtaining the proper
authorization. At this time, your order has been cancelled for your protection."

Last edited by radicaldeth; 01-10-08 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-10-08, 04:35 PM

I just got the same cancellation notice! I placed my order this morning... and got the cancel notice this afternoon... I called them... they said they have no idea what's going on... but that as of this moment, my gift card has been flagged as "account locked" which means it essentially has a zero balance even if I were to try & use it at a store location! she advised I would have to call back tomorrow since there's no one there that can help but assured me "a ticket has been opened" and it's being looked into... shit!
Old 01-16-08, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My 2nd online order with my gift card was canceled last week, and the balance was just finally returned today. Does anyone know if we can call and see if these gift cards will go through or will they just be canceled again and have to wait 10 days to have the cards refunded?
Old 01-16-08, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
Here's the message I got from FYE.com
"The order that you placed last week went into an Error status causing it to cancel out. You are going to receive a cancellation notification shortly via email. We apologize for the confusion but we were experiencing technical difficulties with our gift card system and any order placed with a gift card around the time you did experienced this same issue. Now that the order has been fully cancelled the funds will be returned to all original forms of payment. Please allow 6 days for this process to be fully completed. We are very sorry for the inconvenience that his has caused but the gift card system has been fixed and is up and running properly now. " (after prices increased).

I wrote back with
Excellent, thank you.
Now that you have the gift card functionality working (which was my understanding when my order, including gift card information, was accepted on 01/09), can you please reinstate my order xxx
for the below items at the below prices since it was a flaw in your system which caused the order to be cancelled?
I look forward to receiving the items. (copy/paste cancelled order details).

I was able to find my receipts showing the GC balance, so ifthey say "Sorry, can't find the balance" I'll push back with the receipts.
Old 01-17-08, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

These guys are the worst in the business. 3 orders, 1 came on time, 1 arrived 3 months! late and 1 never came. Refunds are a pain the ass. My suggesiton is to burn your card as quick as possible and pay for upgraded shipping because free shipping is a complete joke.
Old 01-17-08, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just called FYE.com and they said that it's still not "safe" to place orders on FYE.com with a gift card, even though it is an option. They said they don't know when it will be fixed, doing their best, blah... blah.

I have about $115 on my gift card, I'm debating just sending it to a friend of mine and letting him keep $30 of the credit in exchange for shipping me out some Blu-Rays. I knew these guys were bad, but this is unbelievable...
Old 01-17-08, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I find it funny that people purchase gift cards from this retailer in the first place. They have always been overpriced and most of the MIR take forever to get back and are a real hassle.

I dont wanna butcher my disc to get a couple bucks. Than again I work there PT. lol
Old 01-17-08, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
Well, in my case (and probably many others here), I traded stuff in, for more than I would have gotten on Ebay or Amazon or anywhere else. Of course, I later realized how they can afford to pay so much (relatively) for disks; their regular prices are ridiculous. But by hunting down the deals, it's not so bad.
Old 01-17-08, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dtcarson
Well, in my case (and probably many others here), I traded stuff in, for more than I would have gotten on Ebay or Amazon or anywhere else. Of course, I later realized how they can afford to pay so much (relatively) for disks; their regular prices are ridiculous. But by hunting down the deals, it's not so bad.
Same here. I'm going to trade in a bunch of useless crap this weekend and pick up the Playstation 3-40 for it.
Old 01-18-08, 11:36 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
There is a phone number listed @ www.fyerebates.com, but HOW THE FUCK do you actually get to speak to someone at the fyerebates center... ?????????