DVD Talk
Amazon, Buy One Get One FREE Blu-ray January 1st [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Amazon, Buy One Get One FREE Blu-ray January 1st

Nugent
01-01-08, 01:40 PM
Back on again with some really good titles!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000184311&plpage=1

hellmutt
01-01-08, 01:42 PM
My 10% off is still working! Whoohoo! Got 4 Harry Potters for $32, could've been $27 with an Amazon Visa.

TheMovieman
01-01-08, 01:43 PM
Here's a clickable link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000184311&plpage=1

Nugent
01-01-08, 01:47 PM
Here's a clickable link:

Thanks! I was having issues linking.

critterdvd
01-01-08, 01:53 PM
Got "The Terminator" and "The Road Warrior" for $19.xx total.

DVD Mike2
01-01-08, 02:00 PM
Just ordered HP 1-4 for $34.90

Put DVDSAVE5 for $5 off $50 with your Visa card.

Laser Movies
01-01-08, 02:05 PM
First order got the Road Warrior, Terminator, Galapagos, and the Shining for $26.92 with DVDSAVE5 and 10% discount. May do a few more orders.

dgc
01-01-08, 02:08 PM
Glad to see the 10% off is still working in 2008.

Terminator & Full Metal Jacket DE ordered.

ktown
01-01-08, 02:10 PM
bought 8

Liquid Death
01-01-08, 02:13 PM
Picked up Mr & Mrs Smith, Devil Wears Prada, Rescue Dawn, & Speed (paired together) for $46 (w/ two $5 Amazon Visa Promos)! Thanks OP!

GodspeedGemini
01-01-08, 02:34 PM
I know about the DVDSAVES5 coupon for Amazon. What other ones are they offering right now?

deto
01-01-08, 03:04 PM
i ordered the 4 HPs on HD last week, i still haven't recieved them. i'm thinking of ordering them on Blu (I prefer BD). what is amazon's policy on returning the 4 i ordered last week?

Sparrow
01-01-08, 03:08 PM
Well, I'm buying on the very first day of the year....

I ordered Mr & Mrs Smith & The Devil Wears Prada :)

hellmutt
01-01-08, 03:13 PM
i ordered the 4 HPs on HD last week, i still haven't recieved them. i'm thinking of ordering them on Blu (I prefer BD). what is amazon's policy on returning the 4 i ordered last week?

You'll have no trouble to return them for full credit.

TexasDVDer
01-01-08, 03:13 PM
I thought there might be more $19.95 titles. I'm getting spoiled!

Engel07
01-01-08, 03:21 PM
Wow...10% and DVDSAVE5 code is still working...ordered 20 :)

Phod
01-01-08, 03:30 PM
what's the 10% off?

GorillaX
01-01-08, 03:34 PM
how do you get 10%?

lilvenom
01-01-08, 03:39 PM
awesome! i was keeping mr and mrs smith and castaway in my cart hoping for this sale and i was 2 for 2!!! might order some more later. and yeah, my 10% off still works! made my day :)

DVD Polizei
01-01-08, 03:57 PM
Yeah, how do you get the 10% off? :lol:

obispo21
01-01-08, 04:02 PM
what's the 10% off?

This question really does come up again and again.

You can't get the 10% off anymore. It was offered to folks who bought either an HD player or 3 HD discs from Amazon in 2006. The offer gave said persons 10% off all HD disc purchases from Amazon until the end of 2007 (yesterday). Apparently it's still working today though.

wewantflair
01-01-08, 04:04 PM
The 10% has really become an Otter-level joke. I plan on pretending I have it forever even after it dies.

Peep
01-01-08, 04:09 PM

How are you getting the $5 off $50 to work with an order of 39.90? Don't you need to add another $10.10 to your order first?

ScottsDvds
01-01-08, 04:12 PM
I used up my 10%, but still used the $5.00 coupon to pick up Mr. and Mrs. Smith and Castaway. Pretty much have everything else from previous sales. :lol:

toogood
01-01-08, 04:20 PM
Just placed my order for Full Metal Jacket (Deluxe Edition) + Blood Diamond for $19.95 shipped. Thanks OP.

Artman
01-01-08, 04:34 PM
I bought the HP's last month on Amazon - anyway to get credit back?

ktown
01-01-08, 04:35 PM

email them or call them
doesnt hurt to try

GodspeedGemini
01-01-08, 04:37 PM
Got the four Potter's and Full Metal Jacket and Shining for 59. Good deals

obispo21
01-01-08, 04:38 PM
How are you getting the $5 off $50 to work with an order of 39.90? Don't you need to add another $10.10 to your order first?

The $50 minimum is *before* any discounts are applied. (Makes it that much of a better deal.)

obispo21
01-01-08, 04:40 PM

They're official price guarantee says no (see below) - but could always call and see. Worst case you could re-buy them and return your previous order losing a little in shipping cost / time / effort.

===========================
Post-Order Price Guarantee

Amazon.com's prices for released items will change from time to time based on a variety of factors. If Amazon.com's price for an already-released item decreases within 30 days after we ship the item to you, we'll be glad to refund the difference in price if you contact us. Please click one of the buttons on the right, and be sure to have your order number handy so we can assist you.

This Post-Order Price Guarantee is subject to the following restrictions:

* Applies only to products that have already been released. Products that have not yet been released but that are available for pre-order from Amazon.com are not covered by this guarantee, but do benefit from our Pre-Order Price Protection program (see section above).
* Applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.
* Item prices that are affected by a promotion such as "Buy one, get one free" are not eligible.
* The price of an item after rebate is not considered to be the Amazon.com price.
===========================

obispo21
01-01-08, 04:42 PM
I used up my 10%, but still used the $5.00 coupon to pick up Mr. and Mrs. Smith and Castaway. Pretty much have everything else from previous sales. :lol:

The $10 was good for total savings of $500 wasn't it? So you spent $5,000 in HD Media at Amazon over year - Wow!

Vendetta-AKK
01-01-08, 04:56 PM
Thanks for posting, I picked up Kingdom of Heaven and got Road Warrior free.

Sabrett
01-01-08, 07:00 PM
Picked up 3 Harry Potters (have the other 2) and 300 for $39.90 shipped. Thanks OP!

fausti
01-01-08, 08:35 PM
Got all 4 Harry Potters, Kingdom of Heaven, Purple Rain, Cast Away and Rocky. Did 3 orders and saved an extra $5 each time. :)

dsa_shea
01-01-08, 08:45 PM
Ordered:
Cast Away
Ice Age: Meltdown

ScottsDvds
01-01-08, 09:03 PM
The $10 was good for total savings of $500 wasn't it? So you spent $5,000 in HD Media at Amazon over year - Wow!
Yes, but the buy 1 get 1 free inflated my savings. I spent over $1000 on those sales for Nov and Dec, but it was counted as $2000 towards that $5000.

hellmutt
01-02-08, 12:15 AM
Just picked up 10 more titles. Still dwelling on ice age meltdown...

jones
01-02-08, 12:28 AM
Thanks OP! Got in on the Harry Potters this time.

argh923
01-02-08, 12:37 AM
Thanks to the OP. In for Galapagos & 300.

hellmutt
01-02-08, 03:04 AM
Wow, 16 of the top 25 movies selling at Amazon are Blu-ray (all from this promo). Nice work for us ;)

shawagg
01-02-08, 04:38 AM
I bought movies like Blood Diamond, 300 and The Departed in the 2-Disc DVD format during all those Black Friday ads this year. I haven't opened them so I can still return them if I want.

What I want to know is, do these BD versions include all the extras of the 2-disc DVDs? I'm kind of an extras junkie and want to only go through the hassle if the BDs have everything on them.

Thanks

hobbes4444
01-02-08, 09:36 AM
I bought movies like Blood Diamond, 300 and The Departed in the 2-Disc DVD format during all those Black Friday ads this year. I haven't opened them so I can still return them if I want.

What I want to know is, do these BD versions include all the extras of the 2-disc DVDs? I'm kind of an extras junkie and want to only go through the hassle if the BDs have everything on them.

Thanks

Older titles that were released when BD was starting up typically do not have extras. Recent BDs released simultaneously with SD counterparts, and some newly released catalog titles often have some/all of the extras from the SDs. However, Fox has been notorious for releasing bare bones BDs. Check the dvdtalk reviews.

Decker
01-02-08, 10:47 AM
This question really does come up again and again.

You can't get the 10% off anymore. It was offered to folks who bought either an HD player or 3 HD discs from Amazon in 2006. The offer gave said persons 10% off all HD disc purchases from Amazon until the end of 2007 (yesterday). Apparently it's still working today though.
Actually I bought my PS3 in Sept 07 and my promo still works, so I hope it goes a full year.

Hairspray and Happy Feet for $22 shipped is pretty damn good. Trying to curb spending though. Hmmm....

Peep
01-02-08, 10:55 AM
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/reviews.html

Classic Films
01-02-08, 11:59 AM
Its going to be tough to buy a high def movie that is not 2 for 1 .
Picked up The Terminator and The Shining.

Classic Films
01-02-08, 12:03 PM

Thanks

Can't say specifically about the above films, but Warner Bros is usually good about porting over the special features. The special features may however be in SD.

sauce07
01-02-08, 12:20 PM
Okay i've seen people mention the Shining is on this deal but I cant find it, any help?

Sparrow
01-02-08, 12:23 PM
^ 4 titles have fallen off the list, more than likely due to depletion of their 'sales' inventory for those titles. This includes The Shining.

FantasticVSDoom
01-02-08, 12:32 PM
Got the 4 Potter's plus added OotP for $55.00 ... Plus still getting my 10% which made all of these $11.00 each.

Laser Movies
01-02-08, 12:35 PM
Okay i've seen people mention the Shining is on this deal but I cant find it, any help?

Here's a direct link to the Shining. If you add it to your cart along with one of the other titles on the list it still appears to still give you the B1G1 deal. However it says there are only a couple left in stock so it may not work for very long.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000UJ48WC/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

zdzjxh
01-02-08, 12:44 PM
picked up:

harry potter 1-4
blood diamond
dirty dozen
bullitt
getaway
happy feet
the departed
full metal jacket
the shining
the goodfellas

BravesMG
01-02-08, 12:52 PM
Got the 4 Potter's plus added OotP for $55.00 ... Plus still getting my 10% which made all of these $11.00 each.Damn, you're still getting the 10%? That sucks, it's hard to complain after all the discounts I've had, but I wonder what is triggering the cancellations for some and not others.

toldawg128
01-02-08, 01:29 PM
If you add it to your cart along with one of the other titles on the list it still appears to still give you the B1G1 deal. However it says there are only a couple left in stock so it may not work for very long.

Thanks! I didn't have enough money yesterday so I had to wait until today to make a purchase. Got in an order with it saying there were only 2 left. Bought Full metal Jacket with it.

johnglad
01-02-08, 03:29 PM
No 10% off for me either anymore. Though I hit that limit a long time back initially, in like October, it still came and went (often at 5% off) during all the Holiday sales.

I just still can't believe that all of us are stocking up on hd media at $8 delivered to my door. It is cheaper than 1 movie ticket. I keep buying and buying.
Anyone who says the format war hasn't made software and hardware dirt cheap incredibly fast isn't paying attention. Or some are so invested with supporting their side, only to act as though others make the war devisive, like Bill Hunt, that you don't get that we are getting a great deal. This week he criticized those that love the format war (and that would include me) as and I quote:
"What's ironic is that the very people who say this to us often aren't actually choosing between these two formats themselves! Most of them have purchased players and discs in both formats, treating the format war like a bounty of high-def riches."
He then goes on to blame those that are format neutral, or buying lots of discs, as prolonging the war and hurting the overall common cause. So for Bill Hunt you can't have any good reason to buy a very cheap HD-DVD player, and you can't be format neutral and supporting both like crazy either.
Count me in as a whole new term "a purple hd eater" I eat blue and red both at rapid rates, buying up lots of discs and I love it. Let the rest of you argue over this. I am gonna watch and own tons of movies for cheap.
If Blu-ray wins out in 6 months do you think we will see sale after sale after sale on brand new titles B1G1? I sure don't.

FantasticVSDoom
01-02-08, 03:42 PM
Damn, you're still getting the 10%? That sucks, it's hard to complain after all the discounts I've had, but I wonder what is triggering the cancellations for some and not others.
Yeah, I don't know why I am still getting it as I have had it for a while now (I would say well over a year) but Im not complaining. I have Amazon Prime, so I dont know if thats a reason or not. Plus I had a few problems with it during some of the recent sales (the Ratatouille/Cars one for example), but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

BravesMG
01-02-08, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I don't know why I am still getting it as I have had it for a while now (I would say well over a year) but Im not complaining. I have Amazon Prime, so I dont know if thats a reason or not. Plus I had a few problems with it during some of the recent sales (the Ratatouille/Cars one for example), but I doubt that has anything to do with it.I've got Prime too, I'm only really bummed because it's got Mr. and Mrs. Smith & Cast Away. I want those two more than most of the BOGOs I've already purchased. Ah well, I've made out more than well enough from Amazon.

Nugent
01-02-08, 04:31 PM
Could not agree more! I am format neutral and buying up titles on both formats. There is NO way no how we would be getting these things this cheap if there was a "winner"! For now the "winner" is the consumer.

Bill Hunt is a tool! Is it just me or do the Blu-ray fan bois seem to be the most fervent in their hysterical support of all things blu? Just an observation. I just don't get the attachment to either "format". It's technology for goodness sakes.

Either way it would suit me just fine if this "war" drug on indefinitely. Viva La consumer for a change!

No 10% off for me either anymore. Though I hit that limit a long time back initially, in like October, it still came and went (often at 5% off) during all the Holiday sales.

I just still can't believe that all of us are stocking up on hd media at $8 delivered to my door. It is cheaper than 1 movie ticket. I keep buying and buying.
Anyone who says the format war hasn't made software and hardware dirt cheap incredibly fast isn't paying attention. Or some are so invested with supporting their side, only to act as though others make the war devisive, like Bill Hunt, that you don't get that we are getting a great deal. This week he criticized those that love the format war (and that would include me) as and I quote:
"What's ironic is that the very people who say this to us often aren't actually choosing between these two formats themselves! Most of them have purchased players and discs in both formats, treating the format war like a bounty of high-def riches."
He then goes on to blame those that are format neutral, or buying lots of discs, as prolonging the war and hurting the overall common cause. So for Bill Hunt you can't have any good reason to buy a very cheap HD-DVD player, and you can't be format neutral and supporting both like crazy either.
Count me in as a whole new term "a purple hd eater" I eat blue and red both at rapid rates, buying up lots of discs and I love it. Let the rest of you argue over this. I am gonna watch and own tons of movies for cheap.
If Blu-ray wins out in 6 months do you think we will see sale after sale after sale on brand new titles B1G1? I sure don't.

DVDmaniac14
01-02-08, 04:55 PM
how are y'all getting $5 off with a VISA card? i can't get it to work? or is that another running joke on this thread?

rexinnih
01-02-08, 05:15 PM
how are y'all getting $5 off with a VISA card? i can't get it to work? or is that another running joke on this thread?

From what I understand, and how I've been using it, you need the Amazon Visa card and when you go to checkout, you put "DVDSAVE5" in the coupon box if your order totals over $50.

rkndkn
01-02-08, 05:37 PM
Make sure you enter DVDSAVE5 on the LAST PAGE of the checkout.

lcnickell
01-02-08, 05:40 PM
picked up The Shining and The Getaway

went to borders.com to use it since i still had a gift card.

amazing deals.

Engel07
01-02-08, 05:45 PM
Here's my Harry Potter Volume 1-4...awesome price for 4 movies.

Item(s) Subtotal: $79.80
Shipping & Handling: $5.95
Promotional Certificate: -$7.98
Super Saver Discount: -$5.95
Promotional Certificate: -$5.00
Promotion Applied: -$39.90
-----
Total Before Tax: $26.92
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $26.92

hellmutt
01-02-08, 06:02 PM
I don't have the Amazon Visa, nor do I want one, but all my purchases lately make it difficult for me to continue saying 'no'! :D

On the plus side, I ordered 14 movies for ~$120. I dug through my old collection of regular DVDs, which I keep sealed until I'm ready to watch them, and found 4 Standard Def disks that I was able to return to the store for credit of $76. (Having just bought the Blu-ray equivalent). Now THAT'S a good deal :)

kyle
01-02-08, 06:04 PM

I didn't remember seeing anything about a limit when they offered it. How do you even know how much you have used (without hunting through all the past orders)?

DVDmaniac14
01-02-08, 06:04 PM
oh ok it's the AMAZON VISA card...alright well ordered:

Transporter 1 and 2

but VERY tempted to place another order for:

Terminator
Deliverance
28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later

alfredog1976
01-02-08, 07:15 PM
Damn! I missed out on Edward Penishands...not up there anymore

dsa_shea
01-02-08, 08:04 PM
Ordered:
Harry Potter: And The Sorcerer's Stoned
Last Samurai

Pre-Ordered:
Zodiac 2-Disc (HD)

MetalGator311
01-03-08, 12:17 AM
They're willingness to allow DVDSAVE5 with B1G1 sales has led to a lot of orders from me.

hellmutt
01-03-08, 01:07 AM
They're willingness to allow DVDSAVE5 with B1G1 sales has led to a lot of orders from me.

Their willingness to allow 10% HD discount has done the same for me. Those lucky with BOTH! Wow, it's gotta be nice :D

Legolas
01-03-08, 01:11 AM
Wow, I kept trying to find movie combos that would let me use the $5 off Amazon Visa coupon, but turns out the $50 total BEFORE the get-one-free markdown counts!

hellmutt
01-03-08, 02:57 AM
Wow, I kept trying to find movie combos that would let me use the $5 off Amazon Visa coupon, but turns out the $50 total BEFORE the get-one-free markdown counts!

True. With this, the convention wisdom of buying two identically priced titles per order falls flat.

Instead, order a $27.95 and a $23.95 title in a single order to maximize your savings. (Instead of 2x $23.95 titles...)

Pookymeister
01-03-08, 03:11 AM
True. With this, the convention wisdom of buying two identically priced titles per order falls flat.

Instead, order a $27.95 and a $23.95 title in a single order to maximize your savings. (Instead of 2x $23.95 titles...)

Or just two 27.95 titles... Would be the same price.

hellmutt
01-03-08, 03:21 AM
Or just two 27.95 titles... Would be the same price.
True -- it depends on the price of the items you wish to order. But for example if you want two $27.95 titles and two $23.95 titles, you'd be best off making two orders, each with one $27 and $23.

jones
01-03-08, 07:44 AM
Ordered:
Harry Potter: And The Sorcerer's Stoned
Last Samurai

Pre-Ordered:
Zodiac 2-Disc (HD)

Isn't that supposed to be Harry Pothead: And The Sorcerer's Stoned?

kaze0
01-03-08, 08:10 AM
Can't bring myself to order without my 10%. Thats like 20 extra percent on the bogo's grrr.

DVDmaniac14
01-03-08, 08:54 AM
do they keep adding and taking away stuff or is it just me? cuz everytime i gloss over the list i keep finding movies i didn't see on there before?

xfilekr
01-03-08, 09:42 AM
I think its stayed pretty constant..i dunno :)

Dimsdale
01-03-08, 10:37 AM
I don't think they've added any titles but they've definitely removed a couple. I know "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" and "The Shining" both used to be listed and now they're gone. Amazon claims "limited quantities" so I guess that's their explanation.

ichii
01-03-08, 10:46 AM
Is the sale still going on? When I add two movies from the list, I'm not getting any movie free ??

ktown
01-03-08, 11:00 AM
Is the sale still going on? When I add two movies from the list, I'm not getting any movie free ??

u will see the discount on the final page
and pick free shipping

dsa_shea
01-03-08, 11:12 AM
Can't bring myself to order without my 10%. Thats like 20 extra percent on the bogo's grrr.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Get some practice of ordering without the discount.

TGM
01-03-08, 11:40 AM
Not B1G1, but some cheaply priced (some rightfully so) Blu-rays

King Arthur (directors cut) (http://www.amazon.com/King-Arthur-Directors-Cut-Blu-ray/dp/B000MQ58WC/ref=br_lf_m_1000183011_1_10_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=dvd&pf_rd_p=343105601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000183011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0SCS625A8FP1ANX5800P)
Bad Santa (unrated) (http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Santa-Unrated-Version-Directors/dp/B000R5O01I/ref=br_lf_m_1000183011_1_11_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=dvd&pf_rd_p=343105601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000183011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1QF8AHHR4B8WAM31WWQR)
Remember the Titans (http://www.amazon.com/Remember-Titans-Blu-ray-Denzel-Washington/dp/B000RLSKUO/ref=br_lf_m_1000183011_1_18_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=dvd&pf_rd_p=343105601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000183011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=067NWNS40RHM4MRDPQA0)
Scary Movie (http://www.amazon.com/Scary-Movie-Blu-ray-Lloyd-Berry/dp/B000R5O018/ref=br_lf_m_1000183011_1_27_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=dvd&pf_rd_p=343105601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000183011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1V31P0JB2A17YYWST6W0)
GI Jane (http://www.amazon.com/G-I-Jane-Blu-ray-Demi-Moore/dp/B000MQ58W2/ref=br_lf_m_1000183011_1_26_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=dvd&pf_rd_p=343105601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000183011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1QNW8AGR91W33AE33SWQ)
Finding Neverland (http://www.amazon.com/Finding-Neverland-Blu-ray-Julie-Christie/dp/B000MQ58VS/ref=br_lf_m_1000183011_2_29_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=dvd&pf_rd_p=343105601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000183011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=029BX6K36YW1TR44EVXZ)
Jay & Silent Bob (http://www.amazon.com/Jay-Silent-Strike-Back-Blu-ray/dp/B000H7J9PS/ref=br_lf_m_1000183011_2_37_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=dvd&pf_rd_p=343105601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000183011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0CVGNZ9JB7AXXBS354SY)
The Haunted Mansion (http://www.amazon.com/Haunted-Mansion-Blu-ray-Eddie-Murphy/dp/B000H6SXYC/ref=br_lf_m_1000183011_2_38_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=dvd&pf_rd_p=343105601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000183011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0FBHMGYX4JGBWK4DD81R)

Patman
01-03-08, 12:20 PM
Not B1G1, but some cheaply priced (some rightfully so) Blu-rays

King Arthur (directors cut) (http://www.amazon.com/King-Arthur-Directors-Cut-Blu-ray/dp/B000MQ58WC/ref=br_lf_m_1000183011_1_10_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=dvd&pf_rd_p=343105601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000183011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0SCS625A8FP1ANX5800P)
Bad Santa (unrated) (http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Santa-Unrated-Version-Directors/dp/B000R5O01I/ref=br_lf_m_1000183011_1_11_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=dvd&pf_rd_p=343105601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000183011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1QF8AHHR4B8WAM31WWQR)
Remember the Titans (http://www.amazon.com/Remember-Titans-Blu-ray-Denzel-Washington/dp/B000RLSKUO/ref=br_lf_m_1000183011_1_18_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=dvd&pf_rd_p=343105601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000183011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=067NWNS40RHM4MRDPQA0)
Scary Movie (http://www.amazon.com/Scary-Movie-Blu-ray-Lloyd-Berry/dp/B000R5O018/ref=br_lf_m_1000183011_1_27_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=dvd&pf_rd_p=343105601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000183011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1V31P0JB2A17YYWST6W0)
GI Jane (http://www.amazon.com/G-I-Jane-Blu-ray-Demi-Moore/dp/B000MQ58W2/ref=br_lf_m_1000183011_1_26_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=dvd&pf_rd_p=343105601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000183011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1QNW8AGR91W33AE33SWQ)
Finding Neverland (http://www.amazon.com/Finding-Neverland-Blu-ray-Julie-Christie/dp/B000MQ58VS/ref=br_lf_m_1000183011_2_29_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=dvd&pf_rd_p=343105601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000183011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=029BX6K36YW1TR44EVXZ)
Jay & Silent Bob (http://www.amazon.com/Jay-Silent-Strike-Back-Blu-ray/dp/B000H7J9PS/ref=br_lf_m_1000183011_2_37_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=dvd&pf_rd_p=343105601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000183011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0CVGNZ9JB7AXXBS354SY)
The Haunted Mansion (http://www.amazon.com/Haunted-Mansion-Blu-ray-Eddie-Murphy/dp/B000H6SXYC/ref=br_lf_m_1000183011_2_38_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=dvd&pf_rd_p=343105601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000183011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0FBHMGYX4JGBWK4DD81R)

I think these are on sale because Fry's is offering these titles for sale at $13.99 each.

acubfaninmd
01-03-08, 01:07 PM
do they keep adding and taking away stuff or is it just me? cuz everytime i gloss over the list i keep finding movies i didn't see on there before?

They did remove the 4 harry potter movies they had on this sale. thank god i ordered them yesterday when they were still available b1g1 free. 4 HP movies for $40.00, you cant beat that

BigBill
01-03-08, 01:43 PM
I picked those up too. It was too good to pass up. They have removed a bunch of movies since I started looking.

King Felix
01-03-08, 02:26 PM
the list went from 84 to 81 within a couple hours. It will probably keep coming down.

FantasticVSDoom
01-03-08, 04:03 PM
Wow, looks like 5 out of the 6 I did were taken off.. Glad I got in earlier this time.

matome
01-04-08, 11:19 AM
Looks like the Harry Potters are all gone.

InnocentBlood
01-04-08, 01:12 PM
I don't think they've added any titles but they've definitely removed a couple. I know "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" and "The Shining" both used to be listed and now they're gone. Amazon claims "limited quantities" so I guess that's their explanation.

among the 19.95 titles, i had 24 shortlisted for purchase but by the time i got around to placing my order, they had already removed The Shining :( i then decided to drop Blood Diamond and just placed an order for 22 of those titles in that price range.

i hope to pick up The Shining the next time around though.

kaze0
01-04-08, 02:58 PM
Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Get some practice of ordering without the discount.

Sadly I can't. I've been spoiled. I've gone almost 5 full days without ordering.

DarthScooby
01-04-08, 04:49 PM
So Warner announced today they are going blu-ray exclusive.
The war is over! HRRRRAAAYYY!!!!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080104/tc_nm/warner_sony_dc_4

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Warner/Breaking:_Warner_Goes_Blu-ray_Exclusive/1325

HockeyMan2000
01-04-08, 05:19 PM

YAY!! The end of lower software and hardware prices, and surely the end of these B1G1 giveaways too.

What a GREAT day for consumers! :rolleyes:

hellmutt
01-04-08, 05:57 PM
YAY!! The end of lower software and hardware prices, and surely the end of these B1G1 giveaways too.

What a GREAT day for consumers! :rolleyes:

Well.... DVD is an exclusive format with no competition and I think we've all done well for ourselves, with movies sitting for $2 or $3 on Black Friday and routinely hitting between $5 and $10 on sale at best buy...

I do agree in the short term the special sales may dry up, but in the long term the format needs to reach mass acceptance to let volume and market dynamics do its thing, sending prices back down.

hellmutt
01-04-08, 06:00 PM
Sadly I can't. I've been spoiled. I've gone almost 5 full days without ordering.

I remember the fantastic sale last year from a music website that was selling legit album downloads for $0.09, or maybe it was $0.19. I missed that part, and I got in when it was $0.99. At that time all the folks were saying, I'm spoiled buying them at $0.19, so I can't see buying more at $0.99. I, coming in without the $0.19, bought about 50 albums (including box sets, etc.) and felt great about it.

So I think it's a matter of perspective. In the end, decision making shouldn't hinge on what you were able to do in the past, but your expectations of how you'll do in the future. If, as people think, warner going exclusive blu-ray will dry up the BOGO for a while, then you're MUCH better off ordering during this sale regardless of whether your 10% is with you or not...

bluetoast
01-04-08, 06:12 PM
Ordered Rescue Dawn and Kingdom of Heaven, increasing my Blu-Ray collection by 100%!

DVDmaniac14
01-04-08, 10:19 PM
i think they put harry potter back on there!

Chad
01-04-08, 11:03 PM
Couldn't resist this time around ....picked up:

The Wild Bunch
The Dirty Dozen
Purple Rain
The Road Warrior

And 3 out of 4 are blind buys.

WMAangel
01-05-08, 12:25 AM
Well.... DVD is an exclusive format with no competition and I think we've all done well for ourselves, with movies sitting for $2 or $3 on Black Friday and routinely hitting between $5 and $10 on sale at best buy...

Yes, but how many years has DVD been available for before it hit those cheap prices levels? 6, 7, 8 years? I didn't get into DVDs until November 2000, at which time it had already been around for more than three years, and I remember then thinking getting a disc for $15 was a good deal....
I know a bunch of people were able to get some DVDs for next to nothing very early on, but that was due to the rise of e-commerce and internet stores offering ridiculous discounts and coupons to try and gain a foothold (which for the most part did not work since the majority of those companies failed....)

HD DVD and Blu-ray have only been available for around 18-20 months at this point, yet we are getting excellent B1G1 sales and big discounts that are allowing some titles to be available for $10 or less already....this has all been due to the format war and competition between the two camps....now, if this kills off HD DVD and Blu-ray is all that's left, say bye-bye to the good deals and lower prices....

Zen Peckinpah
01-05-08, 12:27 AM
Couldn't resist this time around ....picked up:

The Wild Bunch
The Dirty Dozen
Purple Rain
The Road Warrior

And 3 out of 4 are blind buys.

And all great choices too. Well, Purple Rain is part-guilty pleasure, but they're still all in my collections.

mike2
01-05-08, 01:26 PM
They still haven't shipped my titles.. Blah I ordered on the 2nd.

Double_Oh_7
01-05-08, 03:17 PM
So Warner announced today they are going blu-ray exclusive.

How exactly does this win the war. Aren't Universal and Paramount HD exclusive?

That'sAllFolks
01-05-08, 03:22 PM
HD DVD and Blu-ray have only been available for around 18-20 months at this point, yet we are getting excellent B1G1 sales and big discounts that are allowing some titles to be available for $10 or less already....this has all been due to the format war and competition between the two camps....now, if this kills off HD DVD and Blu-ray is all that's left, say bye-bye to the good deals and lower prices....

I agree. Sony is an ass and I bet, if HD-DVD fails, you won't be able to touch a Blu-Ray under $20. They've kept their hardware high and if it weren't for competition, I bet the BD would never go on sale (at least like this)

DarthScooby
01-05-08, 03:42 PM
How exactly does this win the war. Aren't Universal and Paramount HD exclusive?

Well, I can't see how they can survive.

What are you saying, just Universal and Paramount are going to keep HD-DvDEAD alive?

Once their contract is up they will be releasing blu the following day.

There's no way a studio will stay with a format that is only supported by itself along with a single competing studio.

It would be as absurd as if Disney released their films on a Disney only player. After a while buyers would start to resent Disney for not allowing their films to be played on a "universal" disc player. People will grow to resent Universal, Paramount and Toshiba after time as well. The last thing any household brand wants.

The death blow is consumers need to purchase a whole new player, no matter how cheaply, just to watch movies put out by Paramount and Universal.

I'm sure they are already negotiating contracts. I'm sure Toshiba wants out as much as Universal/Paramount at this point.

Why would they want to pour even more finances and resources into a dying format? This is business, money is fast. Toshiba would rather MAKE money on releasing blu-ray players than loose money supporting a format that no one else is.

I agree. Sony is an ass and I bet, if HD-DVD fails, you won't be able to touch a Blu-Ray under $20. They've kept their hardware high and if it weren't for competition, I bet the BD would never go on sale (at least like this)

Everyone says we won't see deals on blu-ray anymore because Sony will have the monopoly.

There are a number of competing studios all trying to have the largest slice of the home video pie. There will be sales even better than there are now. Once blu is the standard, production costs will decrease, availability will be widespread among competitively priced retailers, and the opportunity to purchase used blu en mass will have us very happy for years to come.

flix1
01-05-08, 08:21 PM
I think that we will still see sales (though maybe not quite as many or quite as good) ... the Blu-ray companies still need to entice people to buy Blu from DVD.

obispo21
01-05-08, 10:25 PM
They still haven't shipped my titles.. Blah I ordered on the 2nd.

Did you use their free "Super Saver" shipping?

When using that shipping option they often just sit on your order for as long as 5 days before shipping it out. (The delay is expressly indicated in their description of the shipping method.) I think it's just a way to get more people to sign up for Amazon Prime.

Classic Films
01-07-08, 09:58 AM
The Harry Potter films are back on sale if anyone missed them before.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_6115472_4?ie=UTF8&docId=1000184311&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-3&pf_rd_r=1RS0DXHDVV95BWWE0NAW&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=345194501&pf_rd_i=130

Deal is now dead.

HockeyMan2000
01-07-08, 11:03 AM
There will be sales even better than there are now.

LOL, sure there will be. I'll remember this quote for years to come.

Chaka
01-08-08, 04:02 AM
that seemed to be over pretty quick

hellmutt
01-08-08, 05:04 AM
that seemed to be over pretty quick

It lasted 7 days.

acubfaninmd
01-08-08, 07:59 AM
quick question. if ups delivered a package for me from amazon to the wrong house what does amazon do about it.

DVD Polizei
01-08-08, 10:12 AM
Everyone says we won't see deals on blu-ray anymore because Sony will have the monopoly.

There are a number of competing studios all trying to have the largest slice of the home video pie. There will be sales even better than there are now. Once blu is the standard, production costs will decrease, availability will be widespread among competitively priced retailers, and the opportunity to purchase used blu en mass will have us very happy for years to come.

Quoted for historical relevance.

rexinnih
01-08-08, 10:34 AM
quick question. if ups delivered a package for me from amazon to the wrong house what does amazon do about it.

Not sure if Amazon will do anything about it. UPS delivered a package of mine to Walmart. I checked online, gave UPS a call and they went and picked it up and delivered it to me. If you haven't called UPS yet, I suggest trying them first.

Peep
01-08-08, 11:06 AM
Quoted for historical relevance.

Could you please just once post in a blu-ray thread without trying to stir up trouble?

rkndkn
01-08-08, 11:57 AM

I just had this happen with FedEX. I was waiting at home for the package and they delivered it and LEFT IT ON THE DOORSTEP of a wrong address. FedEX has such poor customer service they wouldn't even send someone to pick it up when I called 15 minutes later after checking tracking (and a driver must have been SOMEWHERE in the vicinity). Just leave it there for someone to steal! Following up the next morning, it was like they had no idea where the package was. I left 2 messages for local FedEX to call me and they never bothered. I called Amazon to complain, and they offered to send out another one although they couldn't guarantee it wouldn't come FedEX again. I said I'd wait another day to see if it would show up, and luckily, a good neighbor brought it over. (It had somehow gone to TWO wrong addresses.)

I would try straightening it out with UPS first in your situation, but Amazon will make the situation right if UPS screws up.

acubfaninmd
01-08-08, 12:05 PM
I would try straightening it out with UPS first in your situation, but Amazon will make the situation right if UPS screws up.

Called UPS and they said it was delivered to the correct house. I was like your wrong they asked for my address and come to find out the driver misread the address and changed one of the numbers around. They wanted me to go to the house and get it, I decided to go back to my house before work and on my doorstep was the package. I guess the house it got delivered to dropped it off.

Easy
01-08-08, 12:28 PM
Called UPS and they said it was delivered to the correct house. I was like your wrong they asked for my address and come to find out the driver misread the address and changed one of the numbers around. They wanted me to go to the house and get it, I decided to go back to my house before work and on my doorstep was the package. I guess the house it got delivered to dropped it off.

This just slays me. This has happened a couple of times where they try to make me into their unpaid employee and track down or deliver a package.
If they have missed by a couple doors I'll do it as a favor to a neighbor. But if it is several streets away or across town I just just tell them to do their job or take the loss.

dullboy
01-09-08, 12:33 PM
UPS can kiss my fucking ass. I have had too many "delivery attempted, no answer" messages on the tracking system when I was there all damn day (sometimes 4 days in a row on the same package). Makes me think they are too lazy to finish their route, and just mark that in their system and go have a beer with their other UPS schmucko fucks.

acubfaninmd
01-09-08, 01:20 PM
Not sure if Amazon will do anything about it. UPS delivered a package of mine to Walmart. I checked online, gave UPS a call and they went and picked it up and delivered it to me. If you haven't called UPS yet, I suggest trying them first.

Got an email from amazon saying they were reshipping the dvds with the fastest shipping at no charge. The person whose house they got misdelivered to dropped them off at my house yesterday morning. should I just contact amazon and tell them to cancel or just have them ship me the movies?

Yakuza Bengoshi
01-09-08, 01:25 PM
Got an email from amazon saying they were reshipping the dvds with the fastest shipping at no charge. The person whose house they got misdelivered to dropped them off at my house yesterday morning. should I just contact amazon and tell them to cancel or just have them ship me the movies?

Why would you have them ship you the replacement DVDs if you've received your order?

hellmutt
01-09-08, 01:37 PM
Why would you have them ship you the replacement DVDs if you've received your order?

Agreed, Amazon is the best ever for customer service, don't abuse it. If it were anybody else they would have said 'it's not my problem', but I've had Amazon go above and beyond for me before, so your experience not a one-off.

I had a missing shipment just before christmas and they shipped me a replacement overnight for delivery on 24th of Dec. When the original shipment arrived a week or two later, I notified them, got a free shipping label, and painlessly put it back in the mail to them.

acubfaninmd
01-09-08, 02:15 PM

UPS dropped the package off at the wrong house. I wrote amazon and they said they would reship the dvds since they got misshipped. The person whose house they got deliverd to must have dropped them off before they went to work yesterday becuase when i got home they were on my doorstep.

acubfaninmd
01-09-08, 02:19 PM
Agreed, Amazon is the best ever for customer service, don't abuse it. If it were anybody else they would have said 'it's not my problem', but I've had Amazon go above and beyond for me before, so your experience not a one-off.

I had a missing shipment just before christmas and they shipped me a replacement overnight for delivery on 24th of Dec. When the original shipment arrived a week or two later, I notified them, got a free shipping label, and painlessly put it back in the mail to them.

Went to amazon to cancel the order and it has already shipped out. I will just refuse shipment if received or just send them back to amazon. Don't want to abuse them because it was a great deal i got in on. Kind of funny how things change around here from early last year. Wasnt their a big fuss about amazon charging people for dvds that they didnt pay for as part of a sale they had.

Just remember a thread that went on for ever about people bitching about amazon.

Yakuza Bengoshi
01-09-08, 02:24 PM
UPS dropped the package off at the wrong house. I wrote amazon and they said they would reship the dvds since they got misshipped. The person whose house they got deliverd to must have dropped them off before they went to work yesterday becuase when i got home they were on my doorstep.

I got all that from your original post, what I was asking was why there was any question about whether you should attempt to head off Amazon reshipping the DVDs if possible given that you ultimately did receive your order.

acubfaninmd
01-09-08, 02:35 PM
I got all that from your original post, what I was asking was why there was any question about whether you should attempt to head off Amazon reshipping the DVDs if possible given that you ultimately did receive your order.

I didnt think the people that got the dvds would return them or they just got lost so thats why i contacted amazon. i should have waited a day or two before contacting them to see if the people who got them by mistake would either send them back to amazon or drop them off at my house

Pookymeister
01-09-08, 02:48 PM
Wasnt their a big fuss about amazon charging people for dvds that they didnt pay for as part of a sale they had.

Just remember a thread that went on for ever about people bitching about amazon.

I didnt get in on that 'deal', but i think it amounted to a glitch in their system and people were getting a ton of free stuff they shouldn't have.

Artman
01-09-08, 03:00 PM
I currently have a missing order out there in la-la land... amazon has already shipped my replacement. But, should that other one eventually get delivered... will Amazon know that? How does that work?

Not that I wouldn't return it... just curious. :)

Yakuza Bengoshi
01-09-08, 03:17 PM
I currently have a missing order out there in la-la land... amazon has already shipped my replacement. But, should that other one eventually get delivered... will Amazon know that? How does that work?

Not that I wouldn't return it... just curious. :)

The most likely answer is maybe. Maybe they don't find out. Maybe they find out and don't do anything about it. Maybe they find out and request you to return the extra shipment or face a second credit card charge.

Leaving ethics aside, the worst case scenario would be that they'd request you to return the extra shipment, but possibly you'd be able to keep both and hear nothing more about about it.

BambooLounge
01-09-08, 04:07 PM
Something similar happened to a friend of mine a couple of years ago and she wound up just keep both copies of the DVD. The "lost one" wound up arriving like a week after the replacement.

hellmutt
01-09-08, 04:13 PM
Some of the prices are now dropping. Got a $5 refund on March of the Penguins and just requested $1 refund on Galapagos.

Classic Films
01-09-08, 04:22 PM
Some of the prices are now dropping. Got a $5 refund on March of the Penguins and just requested $1 refund on Galapagos.
They give refunds even though it was bought on a 2 for 1 sale ?

Laser Movies
01-09-08, 05:48 PM

Thanks! I purchased the same 2 DVDs and put in for the price adjustment.

They sure do. I recently picked up $10 refund on a recent Sony television B1G1 free sale when 2 DVDs dropped in price at Amazon.

hellmutt
01-09-08, 07:17 PM
Technically they are not supposed to, but they usually do. Going after 'The Fountain' next which dropped by $4.

Sparrow
01-09-08, 10:26 PM
Technically they are not supposed to, but they usually do. Going after 'The Fountain' next which dropped by $4.

Thanks for the heads up on the price drop.

The Void
01-09-08, 10:55 PM
I've got 3 BOGO packages missing from Amazon. The first was shipped Dec. 19th, it's missing. I called Amazon and they shipped a replacement on Dec. 29th, it's now late or missing. The first four Harry Potter HD-DVDs were shipped to me Dec. 26th, they are missing.

In the meantime I've placed several other BOGO orders at the same time and later than the missing orders and they arrived within a few days. The most recent was mailed Saturday and I received it Tuesday. If I end up getting two of the same order, I'll return one, but I would like something delivered in a reasonable time frame.

I'll wait another week or so before calling again. Amazon has been good but the USPS sucks. I expect the holiday packages should be delivered and things back to normal, but maybe not. Anyone else having problems with their orders?

digitalG
01-09-08, 11:09 PM
Amazon are gods.

Classic Films
01-10-08, 09:25 AM
Son of a gun. I tried it and it worked. I got $10 back, $5 each on Blazing Saddles and March of the Penguins. They were on two different orders so the DVDs are those 2 orders were $7.50 each. Not bad for Blu-ray. Thanks . I never would have thought to try it .

KatSagirl
01-10-08, 06:17 PM
amazon has been great for us. we placed a couple different orders and they have always arrived on time or earlier. they were all shipped with USPS.

-Kat

DVDmaniac14
01-10-08, 07:05 PM
looks like the sale is over :(

Dane Marvin
01-10-08, 07:23 PM
^ It ended Sunday night I believe. I know because I tried to order Monday when I decided to upgrade to Blu-Ray and it was too late. :(

Pookymeister
01-10-08, 07:31 PM
Son of a gun. I tried it and it worked. I got $10 back, $5 each on Blazing Saddles and March of the Penguins. They were on two different orders so the DVDs are those 2 orders were $7.50 each. Not bad for Blu-ray. Thanks . I never would have thought to try it .

Damn, shouldve jumped on blazing saddles

The Void
01-10-08, 08:31 PM
I got $5 back on Goodfellas, thanks!

hellmutt
01-11-08, 05:03 AM
Don't look now but a lot of the fox titles just fell $8.46 each :D

myrdh
01-11-08, 07:36 AM
darn it. Should have order a ton more. Most title I wanted during the sale are now $8.46 lower.

TGM
01-11-08, 08:11 AM

uh, link?

myrdh
01-11-08, 08:14 AM
search "fox blu-ray" and i see a lot of the titles that was $27.95 but now $19.49.

kevin75
01-11-08, 09:53 AM
thanks for the heads up. i just got $25.38 back in credit. :)

hellmutt
01-11-08, 11:08 AM
uh, link?

Well don't make me do ALL your work for you :) I don't know what you ordered.

Laser Movies
01-11-08, 11:22 AM

I received 11 emails from price protectr today for price drops from $8.46 to $4.96 on recent orders. Looks like I'm going to be very busy this morning requesting refunds.

TGM
01-11-08, 11:52 AM
Well don't make me do ALL your work for you :) I don't know what you ordered.

ya, my bad. I quickly misread your post, thinking you said that they dropped TO $8 bucks, not BY $8 bucks.

Typing while asleep can be dangerous.

hellmutt
01-11-08, 02:15 PM
ya, my bad. I quickly misread your post, thinking you said that they dropped TO $8 bucks, not BY $8 bucks.

Typing while asleep can be dangerous.

No problem, I was excited because it was a substantial drop. Hopefully you can get some savings too.

On one order of 4 $27.95 titles they gave me credit for 2x of the difference. that was good.

On another order of 8 $27.95 titles, six of them dropped and they gave me a $50+ credit. that was GREAT!

getjazzedman
01-11-08, 04:17 PM
On one order of 4 $27.95 titles they gave me credit for 2x of the difference. that was good.

On another order of 8 $27.95 titles, six of them dropped and they gave me a $50+ credit. that was GREAT!

What method are you guys using to request the credits? Phone or email? So far I've only done this once and I did it over the phone.. Just wondering which one is easiest/fastest/works the best. Thanks!

hellmutt
01-11-08, 05:12 PM
What method are you guys using to request the credits? Phone or email? So far I've only done this once and I did it over the phone.. Just wondering which one is easiest/fastest/works the best. Thanks!
I use their email exclusively. works for me. However, I do wonder in the case you might get denied, you might want to call first and hope they don't record the notes of the rejection, then email after.

There are no facts supporting this hypothesis, just a 'feeling'.

DVDmaniac14
01-11-08, 05:19 PM
well though i dealt with some trouble with my Amazon CS agent (she was argumentative with me at first about the price adjustment speaking to me as if i was a deliquent child calling them) but once she saw the update from amazon she was like "oh...my bad...well lemmie refund you $8.46 and have a nice day!" haha.

im a little bit upset i didn't order more from this sale but oh well. I'm happy cuz i didn't spend a ton of money and now i can continue to catch up on all my backlog uninterrupted. Plus i had a $5 gift certificate i won from BLINGO i used so in total (also after trading in my SDVD copy of Transporter 2) i spent under $6 for both dvds :-D not too shabby!

Bosskmr
01-11-08, 06:24 PM
I use their email exclusively. works for me. However, I do wonder in the case you might get denied, you might want to call first and hope they don't record the notes of the rejection, then email after.

There are no facts supporting this hypothesis, just a 'feeling'.

What do you put in the e-mail? How long after the purchase can you do this?

xfilekr
01-11-08, 06:26 PM
Got $8.46 back from Die Hard 3.
Bosskmr. I went through the customer service email link, got the order #, chose Refund as the subject and just made the message that this item has dropped in price to $___ and it worked for me.

King Felix
01-11-08, 06:28 PM
I got $20 back for 3 movies. very nice!

hellmutt
01-11-08, 06:39 PM
What do you put in the e-mail? How long after the purchase can you do this?
Amazon has a 30-day price protection guarantee. If you ask they will go off ship date instead of order date. Sometimes they'll give you a few days additional cushion greater than 30 days, but that is hit-and-miss.

Engel07
01-11-08, 06:54 PM
Just rememeber not to mention about BOGO.

Just state something like "I just noticed that the price has decreased within 30 days of my purchase. I would like to request a refund of the difference."

Laser Movies
01-11-08, 06:58 PM
Just heard back on some of my refund requests and can expect $57.30 credit so far. I decided not to do them all at once and still have 6 more DVDs at $8.46 each to try to get refunds. When I checked all my orders within the last 30 days I had 14 with price drops today. I usually do emails to customer service for the refunds and so far that has worked 100% of the time.

Pookymeister
01-11-08, 07:08 PM
i just sent off a bunch of emails for refunds. One order per email - 14 price drops for a total of $120 refund im hoping for. This would be badass.

hellmutt
01-11-08, 07:37 PM
Slightly OT:

Just in case you're like me and 50% off sales don't interest you because of the double- and triple-dipping on discounts at Amazon during BOGO...

This still may be interesting:
Spiderman Trilogy on Blu-ray for $43.49 (http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-High-Definition-Trilogy-Blu-ray/dp/B000UR9T82/)

kaze0
01-11-08, 07:48 PM
On one of my orders for robocop and edward scissorhands, after bogo, dvdsave5 and 10% discount if they give me a difference refund i will have paid about 50 cents for 2 blur ays lol.

deto
01-11-08, 09:28 PM
i just tried it with
Robocop [Blu-ray]
Full Metal Jacket (Deluxe Edition) [Blu-ray]
Die Hard [Blu-ray]
Die Hard 2 - Die Harder [Blu-ray]
Die Hard With a Vengeance [Blu-ray]

*crosses fingers*

getjazzedman
01-11-08, 09:34 PM
I called and got a good sales rep that gave me all the refunds I asked for. I got some serious cash coming back to my card now! Thanks guys!

deto
01-11-08, 09:37 PM
and sent a second e-mail for Fantastic Four [Blu-ray]

I didn't notice it on the new promotion, till just now.

Bosskmr
01-11-08, 09:37 PM
Thanks for all the info!!!!

I just submitted a bunch of e-mails...fingers crossed:)

Any idea how long it takes for a response?

deto
01-11-08, 09:38 PM
so how do the refunds work? do they credit back the card you used, or credit on amazon? thanks guys.

Laser Movies
01-11-08, 09:51 PM
They issue the credit back on the card used on the order.

Patman
01-11-08, 11:17 PM
How can Amazon keep giving away BDs? Don't these CSRs see that the orders were of a BOGO variety? Or do they just don't care and just robotically do the refunds?

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi
01-11-08, 11:24 PM
Slightly OT:

Just in case you're like me and 50% off sales don't interest you because of the double- and triple-dipping on discounts at Amazon during BOGO...

This still may be interesting:
Spiderman Trilogy on Blu-ray for $43.49 (http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-High-Definition-Trilogy-Blu-ray/dp/B000UR9T82/)

If this stays that price for the next few days I'll be happy.

DVDmaniac14
01-11-08, 11:29 PM
How can Amazon keep giving away BDs? Don't these CSRs see that the orders were of a BOGO variety? Or do they just don't care and just robotically do the refunds?

out of curiosity...why does it matter? (im not trying to be mean in anyway).

Patman
01-11-08, 11:46 PM
Just curious. That being said, I decided to join in on the melee and requested refunds on 5 BD titles from the previous BOGO deal, so if they do approve the refund requests, that's an extra $42.30 I won't have to pay on my credit card, and dropped the average price of the 10 BDs down to $8.94 each.

DVD Polizei
01-12-08, 12:15 AM

I dunno. Figure the millions (maybe) of emails they get around the world, and then figure how many employees there are, then figure CSRs probably have a quota to meet to "close" those emails.

Patman
01-12-08, 12:55 AM
There is verbiage in Amazon's refund policy that disallows refunds for BOGOs. I wonder if they'll reverse/cancel the refunds after getting thousands and thousands of refund requests after lowering the prices of so many HDM titles today.

DVDmaniac14
01-12-08, 01:01 AM
I seriously doubt they'll be THOUSANDS of refund requests...but there will be quite a few..

hellmutt
01-12-08, 02:40 AM
and sent a second e-mail for Fantastic Four [Blu-ray]

I didn't notice it on the new promotion, till just now.

As far as I know the only Fantastic Four movie in the BOGO was Rise of the Silver Surver (F4-2) and that remains $24.95. The first movie shows $19.49. I'd double check to be sure.

getjazzedman
01-12-08, 04:00 AM
As far as I know the only Fantastic Four movie in the BOGO was Rise of the Silver Surver (F4-2) and that remains $24.95. The first movie shows $19.49. I'd double check to be sure.
It's discounted $3 from 27.95. I got a credit on that one today.

DarthScooby
01-12-08, 05:31 AM
Well out of the 14 blus that dropped I only got credit back for 3. The other 11 came back with "there was a bogo blah blah blah, so we can't refund"
The last time i did this they refunded all 15 price drops.

Luck of the csr I guess.

TGM
01-12-08, 07:15 AM
Well out of the 14 blus that dropped I only got credit back for 3. The other 11 came back with "there was a bogo blah blah blah, so we can't refund"
The last time i did this they refunded all 15 price drops.

Luck of the csr I guess.

try again.

indian accent = it's a go!

DVDmaniac14
01-12-08, 09:18 AM
ye only got credit for one..oh well. one's better than none

Mark Knight
01-12-08, 11:15 AM
Were do you request the refund on Amazon? Do you just send them an email about the order using the "Other Question and Comments" or "Returns and Refunds"?

kyle
01-12-08, 11:34 AM
Were do you request the refund on Amazon? Do you just send them an email about the order using the "Other Question and Comments" or "Returns and Refunds"?

returns and refunds, and select refund inquiry

Pookymeister
01-12-08, 11:44 AM
havent heard anything yet - but they gave me another $35 back (on top of $25 or something across two other refunds) on the a30 that dropped. I bought that 35 days ago, so was nice that they gave it to me.

deto
01-12-08, 12:25 PM
"Since your purchase shipped within the past 30 days, I've requested
a refund of $42.84 to your credit card. This amount reflects the
difference between the price you were charged for the item and the
lowest recent price offered by Amazon.com. This refund should be
processed in the next few days and will appear as a credit on your
next billing statement."

kyle
01-12-08, 12:44 PM
ye only got credit for one..oh well. one's better than none

You can get credit on both--I got a credit of $16+ on an order that originally only cost me $17+ (after 10%, DVDSAVE5, BOGO)

Laser Movies
01-12-08, 12:53 PM
You can get credit on both--I got a credit of $16+ on an order that originally only cost me $17+ (after 10%, DVDSAVE5, BOGO)

I had 3 orders like that I tried to get refunds on last night and got a rejection email this morning on one of them. So far I haven't heard anything on the other two. I thought I might run into some problems with those orders since the refund amount would almost equal what I paid. Here is a copy of the email.

Hello from Amazon.com.

After reading your mail, I do understand your concern.

However, I've checked your order and found that the amount
originally charged to your credit card on this order is , $17.36.

The amount of $42.51 promtional funds have been applied on this
order while purchasing.

Any promotional funds used toward your purchase are not refunded.
Promotional funds work much like coupons in a physical store--if you
return the item, you're refunded for the amount you paid out of
pocket, and not for the amount of the coupon.

For more information about our Post-Order Price Guarantee, please
visit:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502#postorder

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding. I've included some additional
information below in case it's helpful.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

stingermck
01-12-08, 12:56 PM
I've received $22.84 credit for one order, waiting on the other now.

Mark Knight
01-12-08, 12:57 PM

Thanks Kyle.

I sent one off for "The Day After Tomorrow". Will see what happens. I guess if it goes through I will try a few more... one at a time.

kyle
01-12-08, 01:07 PM
I submitted all my orders on friday morning using their form--once for each order. I got two separate confirmations for two of the orders and then one e-mail summarizing 8 other orders, listing the order number and how much credit they were going to give me. (Most of the orders only had one item that had been reduced)

Chip718
01-12-08, 01:33 PM
I received an e-mail saying I was going to get $16 back, but when I checked my account it only showed $8.69

kyle
01-12-08, 01:49 PM
I received an e-mail saying I was going to get $16 back, but when I checked my account it only showed $8.69

When I look at my order, at the bottom I see:
Refunds
Refund date: January 11, 2008
Refund Amount: $16.92

And all I ordered was X-Men and and Behind Enemy Lines (for a total of $17.36 before the refund)

Mark Knight
01-12-08, 03:57 PM
returns and refunds, and select refund inquiry

How long does it take to get a response from them? Also I did not see a "refund inquiry" selection on the returns and refunds email page?

Mark Knight
01-12-08, 05:25 PM
Never mind... I just got an email saying that my card is being refunded for $8.46...

Very cool...

Time to see if any of my other BR disc's have dropped down in price.

Now when are they going to start offering BOGO on BR again...

hellmutt
01-13-08, 02:46 AM
Did anyone have luck getting one approved on a second try? I've always assumed that the previous history would be recorded and the second try would always meet with failure.

ResIpsa
01-13-08, 04:41 AM
They just credited me $33.84 for the four Blu-Ray titles I purchased via BOGO (and the 10% deal, which happily still works for me) for $44.72 (the first three Die Hards and Day After Tomorrow). That works out to $2.72 per title! What is amusing is that in my email to them requesting credit, I explicitly stated that I was only claiming an adjustment for the two titles that I had actually purchased and I reminded them that I had received the 10% deal, as well. Gotta love outsourcing for customer service......

Chip718
01-13-08, 02:08 PM
I called up Amazon and was credited $8.46. I wrote to them telling them both Blu-Rays were reduced and I was credited another. $8.46. Total credited $16.92

I am still kicking myself for not placing 2 more orders. How can you beat 2 Blur-Rays for .44 cents?

Laser Movies
01-13-08, 02:50 PM
Did anyone have luck getting one approved on a second try? I've always assumed that the previous history would be recorded and the second try would always meet with failure.

Yes I just did. I had 6 DVDs on 3 orders get turned down for refunds. They sent a rejection email on only one of them but the other two I never heard anything. I figured the same CSR rejected them because I never heard from anyone after several days, and Amazon usually will give an answer within a few hours. However this morning I decided to try again with the 2 orders I never heard anything and received emails approving refunds for about $17 on each one. Since I had success on the second attempt I'm going to give the other order that was rejected another try.

hellmutt
01-13-08, 03:05 PM
Yes I just did. I had 6 DVDs on 3 orders get turned down for refunds. They sent a rejection email on only one of them but the other two I never heard anything. I figured the same CSR rejected them because I never heard from anyone after several days, and Amazon usually will give an answer within a few hours. However this morning I decided to try again with the 2 orders I never heard anything and received emails approving refunds for about $17 on each one. Since I had success on the second attempt I'm going to give the other order that was rejected another try.
Yah, I think I may give it a try as well. I'll post my result. But I have one other broken order that I think I may try to get fixed first :)

yellowlt4
01-13-08, 10:28 PM
Thanks, I submitted requests for refunds on Friday and so far I recieved emails on about 6 orders confirming refunds of about $50.

Pookymeister
01-13-08, 11:04 PM
i havent heard anything from amazon yet, and i sent emails on friday....sent a repeat today of 1 (out of 14) to test the waters again.

*EDIT* Decided to call and got someone to adjust about 10 orders. Good stuff. $120ish back

beebs
01-14-08, 02:49 AM
Sent and received adjustments for 4 movies all via email.

-beebs

Classic Films
01-14-08, 10:34 AM
I got $21.84 back on 4 DVDs on an order that was placed over 30 days ago but shipped recently due to a preordered item included with order. $5 blu-rays are great. It makes double dipping much less painful. Thanks again for the heads up on this. I never would have thought to try this with a BOGO offer.

tbwmp88
01-14-08, 07:37 PM
I sent an email and the Indian CSR denied me, will calling get me the refund or do they keep track if you tried and were denied? Thanks.

flix1
01-14-08, 10:20 PM
Denied!
Hello from Amazon.com.
I apologize for any disappointment you might have with this situation.

I regret to inform that, at this point of time we are unable to accommodate your request to honor this lower price for "-removed- [Blu-ray]" .

Please be informed that, Amazon.com's prices for released items will change from time to time based on a variety of factors. If Amazon.com's price for an already-released item decreases within 30 days after we ship the item to you, we'll be glad to refund the difference in price if you contact us. Please click one of the buttons on the right, and be sure to have your order number handy so we can assist you.

Also note that, the item prices that are already affected by a promotion such as "Buy one, get one free" are not eligible for any more refunds. Upon checking your order #xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx I see that this item was already offered to you in a promotional offer, "" Hence you are not eligible for anymore additional refunds.

I do understand this will disappoint you, however I hope you will understand that we are bound by certain promotional restrictions.

For more information about our Post-Order Price Guarantee, please visit:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help

We appreciate your business, and we hope you will be able to take advantage of our discounts in the future. Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:

If yes, click here:
http:
If not, click here:
http:

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,

Xxxxxx Xxxxxxx
Amazon.com Customer Service
http://www.amazon.com
==============================
Check your order and more: http://www.amazon.com/your-account

Pookymeister
01-14-08, 11:45 PM
Denied!

Call. Late at Night.

flix1
01-15-08, 10:42 AM
Can anyone confirm that they have gotten the discount, either by submitting a 2nd request via email or by calling, after receiving a rejection?

Thanks.

Sweet Baby James
01-15-08, 10:59 AM
Can anyone confirm that they have gotten the discount, either by submitting a 2nd request via email or by calling, after receiving a rejection?

Thanks.I can. I've been denied before by email and sent another request via their online contact form and was granted the adjustment the second time. Persistance pays off!

Laser Movies
01-16-08, 11:45 AM

Thanks.

I can confirm it. I had one order that officially was rejected initially a few days ago but on the second attempt I got an approval for a refund. As long as you're still under 30 days keep trying.

Sweet Baby James
01-16-08, 11:51 AM
As long as you're still under 30 days keep trying.
Even if you're over 30, give it a go. I just received a refund for an order that I placed at the end of November.

AmonTwin
01-16-08, 08:23 PM
Even if you're over 30, give it a go. I just received a refund for an order that I placed at the end of November.

Technically, their policy states that the price adjustment had to happen within 30 days of the ship date. The request therefore can be after 30 days. I was able to get $100 back from a PS3 I bought back in September and after being rejected the first time because it was after the thirty days from shipping, I tried again clarifying their own policy and it was granted.

hellmutt
01-17-08, 12:50 AM
I can confirm it. I had one order that officially was rejected initially a few days ago but on the second attempt I got an approval for a refund. As long as you're still under 30 days keep trying.

Me too. I just finally tried it, I ordered 4 and was able to get price adjustment for 2 several days ago. Tried again, and got the other two. YAH! Die hard 1-2-3+ice age meltdown went from $44 to $12. And to think of how much time I debated whether I should buy them!

Numes
01-17-08, 06:45 AM
Amazon came through for me, without me having to call. I was pissed when I found out that this on of my titles had gone down in price:

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing to confirm that we have processed your refund for $0.01
for the above-referenced order.

For more information on how we calculate refunds, please visit our
web site at http://www.amazon.com/refunds

We hope this is a satisfactory resolution for you. However, if you
have any questions or concerns, please use this link to contact
Customer Service:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/returns-and-refunds.html

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Now I'm just trying to figure out what to spend with all that money! I'm thinking of investing.

TexasDVDer
01-17-08, 04:28 PM
I got refunds on 9 orders for about $55. The only thing I didn't get was two $8.46 adjustments on the same order for two of the Die Hards. Only got one. Not complaining in the least. This was on top of the BOGOs and $5 off with DVDSAVE5 on most of the orders. Very gracious of Amazon to do it.

DVDMovieMan
01-17-08, 05:50 PM
After no reply to my first email, declined on my second, I'm happy to report that the third time's the charm. I received 4 separate credits of $8.46 each. I only wish I had bought more now.

Don't give up if you're declined. Like others have said -- keep trying!

DVDMovieMan

flix1
01-17-08, 09:49 PM
I can. I've been denied before by email and sent another request via their online contact form and was granted the adjustment the second time. Persistance pays off!
Second time was the charm. Got my refund today for $8.46.

Thanks!

VAMPYRE XX
01-18-08, 03:56 AM
I did mine over the phone and got a ton of money refunded... Then the sale ended just as I was giving the customer service rep my last few ....so I got refunded for most all of my purchases. I made out with a substantial discount all things considered

Classic Films
01-18-08, 09:43 AM
You guys are great. I was turned down on one of my orders so I tried again and the second time it worked. I guess I got about $60 or $70 back from all orders.

Chad
01-18-08, 01:08 PM
Some $19.95 titles have now been reduced to $15.99...Purple Rain and The Dirty Dozen...maybe more.

hellmutt
02-06-08, 12:12 AM
Here's to hoping we get another of these sales soon! (Somehow, I'm doubting that we will... :D )

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0