Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Good CS story from A&E Home Video

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-28-07, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered some stuff back in September that got me a $20 gift certificate.

With the recent stackable sales of the 40%-60% off on selected items and then the 20% off sitewide, I decided it was a good time to use it. I really wanted Space 1999, but it's not on sale this time. Oh, well.

When I went to use the gift certificate code, the site gave me errors that it was not valid. But the email that gave me the code also gave me a phone number. So, I called the number, and the woman who answered (right away, with no hold time) very quickly took my order, applied the discounts and my gift certificate, and was polite, efficient, professional, and apologized a couple of times for the website not being able to accept the GC. At some point, though, I got charged the wrong shipping. I don't know if it was her mistake, or I just didn't notice when she was giving me the options and I chose the wrong one, or what.

When I received the email confirmation of the order, I responded by email (one of the options listed as what to do in case of a problem with the order as shown therein), and admitted that I didn't know if it was my mistake or the woman's who took my order, but that I preferred the cheaper, slower Super Saver shipping option. I got a response within 24 hours that I would be refunded the shipping difference, but the first item (one is on backorder) would still be sent the faster (more expensive) method.

So, all in all, even though I had problems on the website submitting my order, the customer service went above and beyond, in my opinion. They didn't have to offer the refund (as I said, I am not convinced it wasn't my mistake), and even if they hadn't, I still would have been satisifed because of how well my order was handled over the phone in the first place. There was that one minor sales pitch of receiving a complimentary issue of a magazine at the end, but when I told her I am currently living in another country, she dropped that.
Old 12-28-07, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I've had nothing but good experiences with A&E Home Video.
Old 12-30-07, 01:35 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
20% off sitewide? Where is this listed? I've been wanting to get the Hornblower box set for a while now, this would be a good price around $36.
Old 12-30-07, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Moezilla
20% off sitewide? Where is this listed? I've been wanting to get the Hornblower box set for a while now, this would be a good price around $36.
There was a thread about it in the bargains forum several days ago. The extra 20% off sale was only for a couple of days and is now over. However if you're a member at Barnes and Noble they are currently having a A&E sale. With members discounts and using one of several 25% off codes the prices are as good, or even better than what you can get buying directly at A&E.