DVD Talk
X-Files Ultimate Collector's Set $164.99 @ Amazon.com [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : X-Files Ultimate Collector's Set $164.99 @ Amazon.com

leeta
12-25-07, 01:21 PM
Title says it all:

X-Files Ultimate Collection (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UZDO5I/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2YZX0MYXDD9O5&colid=2IQFWRZ382GH5)

The Valeyard
12-25-07, 01:51 PM
Habba habba habba......

Thanks!

mikelowry
12-25-07, 05:57 PM
Goodness! That's tempting!

strawberryshortcake
12-25-07, 06:39 PM
If you are in fact considering, please read all the opinions/*facts* with respect to the X-File Complete Collection packaging--horrible is what fans would actually say.

Many have received damaged collector's boxes upon removal of each individual season sets. I believe many can vouched for this; simply read some comments left behind by various Amazon clients.

hilts
12-25-07, 08:07 PM
If you are in fact considering, please read all the opinions/*facts* with respect to the X-File Complete Collection packaging--horrible is what fans would actually say.

Many have received damaged collector's boxes upon removal of each individual season sets. I believe many can vouched for this; simply read some comments left behind by various Amazon clients.

Yep. I'm going to stick with the slim packs for this one. With a little patience, I can fill out the last 5 seasons for 15.00 or less each.

argh923
12-25-07, 08:49 PM

And to counteract that, I'll come on and tell you that I received this set from Amazon in pristine condition, and that the packaging is outstanding.

shyguy1083
12-25-07, 09:17 PM
the pictures i've seen of the packaging have been pretty horrible. the set would look awesome just sitting on a shelf tho. if i ever bought it, i'd probably never open it. i already have the thick pack sets anyways... if i ever have expendable cash and/or if the price of this sometime drops to around $70-100, then maybe i'd buy it. just for the packaging. which freaks me out that i would consider that, because that's just crazy. but i would.

gnn
12-26-07, 01:38 AM
Habba habba habba......

Where was that from??

actionjackson29
12-26-07, 03:45 PM
It's saying on Amazon that it ships in 1 to 3 weeks. Is that what is was saying yesterday? I had to send the one I got from DD back because the bottom had caved in and I had to rip out the drawer to get the extra stuff. DD said that they'll give me a refund because they don't have anymore and don't know if they'll ever get more. Just in case this new from Amazon is caved in also I think that I'll just keep the extras from the one I'm sending back.

darthdelegate
12-26-07, 08:20 PM
It's saying on Amazon that it ships in 1 to 3 weeks. Is that what is was saying yesterday? I had to send the one I got from DD back because the bottom had caved in and I had to rip out the drawer to get the extra stuff. DD said that they'll give me a refund because they don't have anymore and don't know if they'll ever get more. Just in case this new from Amazon is caved in also I think that I'll just keep the extras from the one I'm sending back.

Then say goodbye to your refund. Why not just keep all the discs while you're at it?

actionjackson29
12-26-07, 11:59 PM
Then say goodbye to your refund. Why not just keep all the discs while you're at it?

I doubt that they'll rip out the drawer that barely opens to find out if I took the poster and episode guide.

animefan
12-27-07, 02:05 AM
I had to send the one I got from DD back because the bottom had caved in and I had to rip out the drawer to get the extra stuff.

Wow, exactly same thing happened to my box. The bottome caved in and it was impossible to get the extra stuff. There was no way for me to open the drawer unless I take the entire box apart, it just would not open. It looks nice, and the concept is cool, but very poorly executed. They should definitely have made the bottom more sturdy. - I have also returned my box, I didn't want $200 boxset that was damaged - if I was paying that much, I wanted a perfect condition one.

MikeShaynePI
12-27-07, 03:33 AM
I fucking knew this would happen after Costco had it on sale. Argh. Whatever.

DarkSamurai
12-27-07, 09:35 AM
They also have Stargate SG-1: The Complete Stargate SG-1 Series (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TJBNHQ) for that same price.

vnguyen
12-27-07, 12:15 PM
+1 for damaged box. had to return mine to deep discount too.

Sessa17
12-27-07, 12:37 PM
Mine came complete damaged to hell from DVD Planet during the 20% off sale, & then they told me they couldn't send me a replacement.

But if I can get it at this price from Amazon it was worth it, so here is hoping they ship it better.

smurr05
12-28-07, 12:11 PM
Picked up the Stargate set for this price as I already have the x-files set from the DD sale...should have waited on that too. hope the discs do not come all scratched as some have reported with this set. thanks for the info on the SG-1 set at this price!

actionjackson29
12-29-07, 03:03 AM
Does anyone expect this to ship? When I ordered on the 26th it said usually ships within 1 to 3 weeks, now it says 2 to 4 weeks. I wonder if they even had any in stock when they put it on sale?

leeta
12-29-07, 08:57 AM
Does anyone expect this to ship? When I ordered on the 26th it said usually ships within 1 to 3 weeks, now it says 2 to 4 weeks. I wonder if they even had any in stock when they put it on sale?

I didn't notice the shipping time when I first saw the set at this price. Ordered it last night and mine said it would be shipping around 1/17 using free shipping. Don't really mind waiting for it since I'm only out-of-pocket around $55 after GCs...

Rob052067
12-29-07, 10:12 PM
I f***ing knew this would happen after Costco had it on sale. Argh. Whatever.

What's there to complain about?? Costco's sale price was $159.99. With sales tax, you probably pay a bit more than Amazon's sale price, but you've got no shipping-damage worries and a painless return policy!

actionjackson29
12-29-07, 10:55 PM
I didn't notice the shipping time when I first saw the set at this price. Ordered it last night and mine said it would be shipping around 1/17 using free shipping. Don't really mind waiting for it since I'm only out-of-pocket around $55 after GCs...

I'm not worried about it taking 3 weeks to get to me, I'm worried if Amazon actually has any in stock and/or will ever get anymore like DD.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0