Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Boo Deepdiscount

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Boo Deepdiscount

Old 12-23-07, 03:05 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boo Deepdiscount

I preordered Rock Band from DeepDiscount in October, and also placed an order for Grounded for Life Season 5 at the same time. Since we've been jonesing for Rock Band, we decided to go ahead and choose the next day shipping option, hoping to have it as soon as possible upon release. Well, DD sent out the DVD, and we waited for Rock Band's release date. The release dte came and went, with no word from DD about when or if it would ever ship (constant "Preorder" notice on status screen) weeks after release.

We got fed up and ordered it from Amazon, and sent an email to DD about cancelling the order for Rock Band. We also tacked on a request for a partial refund of the shipping cost, since basically we would be paying $16.95 shipping for a DVD that cost less than that itself. DD wouldn't budge. I can understand their stance on it, but I really think it is a shitty thing to do considering they kept us in the lurch about our preorder, and didn't mention anything to us even after they pulled the title from their site.

I guess i'm just bitching for bitching's sake, but I am pretty disappointed with the treatment after all of the years I have been using the site. I know for sure I won't be purchasing any game preorders from them in the future.

Last edited by Shampoohorn; 12-23-07 at 03:13 AM.
Old 12-23-07, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Seems like these type of posts are becoming more and more common about this site.
Old 12-23-07, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If you read up on the shipping, you find that they state exactly what they did. If you want to order some stuff 2 day and one item isn't out yet, you need to do a separate order for the preorder.

Also, for that game there's lots of places where it's getting sold out and I'm sure they got more preorders than product like many places.
Old 12-23-07, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by abrg923
Seems like these type of posts are becoming more and more common about this site.
A lot of people if they don't complain; they don't have a life..
Old 12-23-07, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Or maybe a lot of people are having issues with a particular site.
Old 12-23-07, 07:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 12-23-07, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by disneyguy
A lot of people if they don't complain; they don't have a life..
Since apparently this extremely simple concept has escaped you, this is a discussion board, where we talk about various topics, one being experiences with stores.
Old 12-23-07, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Shampoohorn,

Why would you pre-order a title and select the fastest shipping possible. You only do that if your item is in stock. If you've ordered from DD before, you should know pre-orders are a gamble, a crap shoot, a Las Vegas mini-adventure. When you pre-order a title, another week for shipping is nothin'.

However, I understand your frustration. I've had some DD problems lately myself.
Old 01-18-08, 02:09 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Shampoohorn,

Why would you pre-order a title and select the fastest shipping possible. You only do that if your item is in stock. If you've ordered from DD before, you should know pre-orders are a gamble, a crap shoot, a Las Vegas mini-adventure. When you pre-order a title, another week for shipping is nothin'.

However, I understand your frustration. I've had some DD problems lately myself.
Sorry, I forgot about this thread.
I preordered Rock Band and selected the fastest shipping so I would have it in hand when friends did. I would have preordered with Amazon (where I eventually ordered it), but they didn't have it up at the time for preorders, and I wanted to make sure I got it during release week. So much for that.

Generally my DDDVD orders have been fairly good, though it seems each time I order from their 20% off sale I get a mispick and end up waiting about a month to get the right title in my hands.

I guess I figured DDDVD would work with me a bit considering how much we order from them, but no dice. Oh well. Lesson learned I guess. Thankfully they have lots of competition.

And to add, while I'm disappointed with them not working on me with the shipping cost, I'm really more disappointed with the fact that we received no notice of any sort of delay with the preorder. We were expecting to receive this as we preordered fairly early, and when all signs pointed to not receiving the game (as in the actual title being pulled off the site completely) they should have emailed us with some sort of information.

Last edited by Shampoohorn; 01-18-08 at 02:13 AM. Reason: forgot to add