Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone else get the new Big Head Todd CD for free today?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 12-19-07, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It came in the mail. GF says she signed me up for it a while back. I love her.

I like it so far but I am a huge fan boy. I've seen them several times. You can get the CD for free from their website if you buy $15 worth of merchandise or for a limited time it is $5 ..... and that INCLUDES shipping.

Any other BIG HEAD fans out there???
Old 12-19-07, 09:42 PM

I remember signing up for this. I did get an email today from them saying I could download the CD for free, or pay $5 and have one shipped to me complete with cover art. I'll be downloading it.

Great band btw! Saw them live once many years ago.
Old 12-19-07, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love the band, but was extremely disappointed with their last album. Is this one any better? I still think their best are Sister Sweetly and Beautiful World. How does it compare to those?
Old 12-19-07, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Unfortunately it does not come close to Sister Sweetly or Beautiful World but good nonetheless. I love their business plan. Give away the music while true fans flock to their shows with loyalty. I met one guy who had seen 27 of their shows. They have a die-hard following. I got the same email about getting the download for free or paying $5. I almost did but then decided to check my mail and there it was. I listened thru the CD and have to say it has a few good songs but then some that are ehhhhh....
Old 12-19-07, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got mine today too in the mail, though haven't listened to it yet.
Old 12-21-07, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by C_Fletch
Unfortunately it does not come close to Sister Sweetly or Beautiful World but good nonetheless. I love their business plan. Give away the music while true fans flock to their shows with loyalty. I met one guy who had seen 27 of their shows. They have a die-hard following. I got the same email about getting the download for free or paying $5. I almost did but then decided to check my mail and there it was. I listened thru the CD and have to say it has a few good songs but then some that are ehhhhh....
I got it and was actually going to start a thread so thanks, I signed up on the website, but said they had already sent them out, then I got it a few days ago, I think b/c I'm on the KBCO mailing list. Anyway, obviously not up with Midnight Radio, Another Mayberry, or Sister, but it's a solid album and there are a few really good tracks. I particularly like track 7 "How Easy". Also, here is the excerpt from the email that I really like and wish more bands would take this approach.

Why Free?
The BHTM family believes that the music industry is changing. We are a touring-based band, and we want to get our new music out to as many people as possible.
We decided to mail the new album to the first 25,000 people who signed up on our website. Then we sent it out to almost half a million people through radio station mailing lists. Now we are offering as a free download on the website and giving the CD to anyone who purchases $15 or more of merchandise from our store.
Old 12-22-07, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yea, it's so cool. I told my buddy and he's going to see them and download the album. And he's such a freak that he'll buy the CD just to get it signed by the band after the concert which they usually do. Hell, I could have had a smoke with the drummer last time I saw him as he was out back of the last place I saw him at. Don't ask me why I was out back..........